Hide chest armor function

@Madakronic.7106 said:

@"Endless Soul.5178" said:Yeah.... no.

Get your flesh fetish elsewhere.

Most the people saying 'no' have very selfish and biased reasons. "I don't want to see girls in bras" Or they resort to attacking people as perverts with no information. Its not about you, get over yourself. Meanwhile, there are literally armor pieces in the game that are SKIMPIER than the default bra on females. But thats not actually the point. Lets not forget, there are people that play male characters. Stop trying to make this about sexism or sexual desire in general. Its a game. What about all the players that play charr? Are they into bestiality because they want their charr to be topless? And people who play sylvari must get off to plants. Get over your white knighting, its actually pointless here. Its a fantasy MMO. If it really bothers you to see someones pixels with no shirt, then you have problems you need to solve IRL. Also, your logic is really bad. Nonexistent even.

This is the best post on these forums. If only more players thought this way.

@Hannelore.8153 said:

@"Endless Soul.5178" said:Yeah.... no.

Get your flesh fetish elsewhere.

Most the people saying 'no' have very selfish and biased reasons. "I don't want to see girls in bras" Or they resort to attacking people as perverts with no information. Its not about you, get over yourself. Meanwhile, there are literally armor pieces in the game that are SKIMPIER than the default bra on females. But thats not actually the point. Lets not forget, there are people that play male characters. Stop trying to make this about sexism or sexual desire in general. Its a game. What about all the players that play charr? Are they into bestiality because they want their charr to be topless? And people who play sylvari must get off to plants. Get over your white knighting, its actually pointless here. Its a fantasy MMO. If it really bothers you to see someones pixels with no shirt, then you have problems you need to solve IRL. Also, your logic is really bad. Nonexistent even.

This is the best post on these forums. If only more players thought this way.

agreed.

it's the same thing for people who are against swimsuits and other "non-immersive" or "skimpy" armour sets/outfits, their logic is just bad.. let the players wear what or how they want to wear things. you can already be as bright as a christmas tree ingame so why can't one be barechested? or wear something more modern/unique/non-fantasy?

also a hide chest/pants/shoes/etc. or a "skimpy" armour/outfit isn't like those vermillion wings or other glowy parts that actually affect another player negatively by giving them machine/performance lag

if anything, less clothes == less stuff to render on your screen. if an armour or outfit or wardrobe (hide piece) setting offends you, turn down "Character Model Quality" to Lowest and turn on standard models for everything.

For the norn tatoo patterns I would prefer to see a chest armor skin introduced instead of a hide armor function. This should be the solution for all slots, an invisible basic skin that is unlocked automatically from the start. The transmutation charge cost will limit the amount of people running around shirtless just to troll though not by much.

• 3 weeks later...

@Poormany.4507 said:What's the difference between that and just taking your chest armor off? Head armor, I get some people might want to see their face, but who exactly would run around shirtless for extended periods of time other than to troll? I just don't see what the point of this would be and would prefer resources to be used for other stuff.

Because if you take your chest armor off you lose the stats. Some of us would like the option to hide the chest armor without losing any stats.

My Male Norn Beserker would love to bare his chest completely. There are reasons I would love to see it. But at the same time. The game would be just filled with guys playing naked female characters.

I believe in freedom of choice, but I fear it would be cringeworthy. I would rather it be a rare skin (like the invisible shoes). But a better choice would be allowing us to use light, medium and heavy skins be available on all character classes. (And I mean skins, not the equipment themselves)

All Charr and Norn surely sing out in beautiful unison support of this!Remember the upright Charr in GW1 with armor but no chest armor, looked really tough. I've had Charr characters in GW2 wearing no chest armor to get the same look... sucks though losing all that armor value!

Besides, you can hide helmet, shoulders, gloves and even shoes, but not chest / leggings... just why....

• 2 weeks later...

@Sobx.1758 said:

@Dondarrion.2748 said:Besides, you can hide helmet, shoulders, gloves and even shoes, but not chest / leggings... just why....

Really? You don't understand why?

Well, leggings I can... but even if you hid the chest you could see undergarments where applicable. It's not like this game ever showed you boobs and genitals anyway, so what does it matter if we see someone in their bra and underwear?Other than that I don't see why - so enlighten me if I'm wrong.