More Bank Space Please!

torpedo.8269

I'm not sure about anyone else, but I could really use some more bank tabs. I have 26 characters and only 1 bank. I think the current limit is 17 tabs? I'm asking for an increase of at least a 1:1 ratio.It would be GREAT if there was an option to get a New Character Slot + a New Bank Tab in a single bundle.I don't understand - WHY is there there a LIMIT on Bank Tabs???

@kharmin.7683 said:You could create a guild and use the guild bank?

You cannot put Account and soul bound items into the guild-bank, only things you can trade at HP so it's of limited use. (And since Guild-Halls this is much more effort to get these guil-bank tabs than it was before)

I still have a little bit of space, but I would buy 3 bank tabs more, if I could :)

What I really would love is a char-bound-tab where each char sees it's own version and only soul-bound items of the char can be stored. (and if the char is deleted, the soul-bound-tab is emtied.)

I can't imagine having 26 characters, max bank tabs, and still needing more space. :o :o :oI don't know you or what you have in your bank, but I'd start with a bit of space management.Do you have a full 2K in material storage? I reduced by bank space by increasing mine to 1000 a while ago, no regrets.Any soul-bound items from past/deleted characters? Those are useless now. I also put any soul-bound items in the storage of the character it's for.With 26 characters, how many mules do you have? Any at all? I have one for Legendary crafting mats so I don't accidentally spend them, another for mats that don't fit in the 1000 limit bank tabs, and a third for runes/sigils and stuff.

If none of those apply to you, congrats you have a lot of stuff.

@kharmin.7683 said:

@Excursion.9752 said:People should be able to buy what they want/need having limitation. It is only hurting the pocketbook of ANET. If there is a limitation for some odd reason they need to get over it because not having this hurts their bottom line in the long run.

Because physics doesn't matter.Make a unique data table same structure as the first bank storage and put a true linking table between the two. Limitations lifted. Now it becomes a space issue which can always be solved with more money. Call it our Swiss gw2 bank account.

@Excursion.9752 said:

@Excursion.9752 said:People should be able to buy what they want/need having limitation. It is only hurting the pocketbook of ANET. If there is a limitation for some odd reason they need to get over it because not having this hurts their bottom line in the long run.

Because physics doesn't matter.Make a unique data table same structure as the first bank storage and put a true linking table between the two. Limitations lifted. Now it becomes a space issue which can always be solved with more money. Call it our Swiss gw2 bank account.

That might be an option, but as things currently are it may not be. We don't know enough about how the system is built or coded.

And, as you stated, there's that pesky "solved with more money" issue that would need to be addressed as well.

It probably does have something to do with an engine limitation as GW1 also had issues with bank space and GW2 is a modified GW1 engine. There's also a seemingly odd limitation on the number of characters you can have (69) and guild levels (also 69) which makes me think there's technical limitations of some sort. That or devs don't mind random numbers. But anyway, for storage it's more cost-effective to buy a new character slot and give them 18-slot bags and use them as mules. A bank tab will net you 30 slots for 600 gems, a character slot will net you 92 slots for 800 gems plus the cost of 4 18-slot bags (<10g). You still can't move soulbound stuff between characters, but you can move account-bound stuff around.

Plus you'll get character birthdays and story keys, which more than make up for the bag cost over time, as well as the option to park them on farms for some passive gold gain.

And if your memory is bad/you're not sure what item a character is on, gw2efficiency has a search function that will look at all your characters' inventory.

I am a major, major packrat in MMOs but I only moved up to 9 bank tabs this summer and "only" have my material storage at 1k because I buy a new character slot when I'm feeling tight on room. Anything that isn't going to be useful any time soon is sent to one of my 37 characters.

@kharmin.7683 said:

That might be an option, but as things currently are it may not be. We don't know enough about how the system is built or coded.

And, as you stated, there's that pesky "solved with more money" issue that would need to be addressed as well.They have to make content with a front in hopes to make money. This in the long term will make money. The amount of content in this game they have to know that people will be hoarding items that they do not want to part with.

I do think there is a science behind what they do and they are purposefully not letting us obtain more bank space. I do not think it is a infrastructure, database restriction, or monetary issue. Its just is what it is. I never accept its to hard as an excuse mostly because I don't get to make that excuse when I develop. If they want our money they know what they need to do.

I'm curious, what do people keep in their bank that takes up so much space?

I have 11 characters and 8 bank tabs and I could easily free up at least 2 tabs if I squished things together instead of using different rows/tabs for different types of items and got rid of some stuff I don't need. I'd say maybe 2.5 tabs are stuff I really need to keep in the bank. (I also have 22 shared inventory slots, but the items in there would either be split between characters inventories or assigned to one of them if I didn't have the shared slots.)

If an item is for a specific character then it goes in their inventory. Either so it's there when they need it (for things like equipment) or as a prompt so I remember to use it for things like the keys to the underwater chests - if I left them in the bank I'd never remember to use them and they'd just sit there.

I do have a couple of tabs of spare 'unassigned' equipment - either exotics which let you choose the stats or ascended items because those aren't easy for me to get so I'd rarther hang onto them until I need them. But even then I could trim it down if I needed to. Especially the backpacks, all my level 80s have an exotic or ascended backpack already, but I have 13 spares - more than 1 per character. I don't really need them, but I can afford to waste the space so for now I may as well.

@Excursion.9752 said:

And, as you stated, there's that pesky "solved with more money" issue that would need to be addressed as well.They have to make content with a front in hopes to make money. This in the long term will make money. The amount of content in this game they have to know that people will be hoarding items that they do not want to part with.

I do think there is a science behind what they do and they are purposefully not letting us obtain more bank space. I do not think it is a infrastructure, database restriction, or monetary issue. Its just is what it is. I never accept its to hard as an excuse mostly because I don't get to make that excuse when I develop. If they want our money they know what they need to do.

Buy a character slot equip 20 slot bags boom 3 and 1/3 bank slots worth of slots.The one with 26 characters can have at least 24 more.

@Linken.6345 said:

Buy a character slot equip 20 slot bags boom 3 and 1/3 bank slots worth of slots.The one with 26 characters can have at least 24 more.That is not a bank. I can not access those inventories easily. While it is a solution, the topic is about bank space not just having space in general. I do see where you're coming from though.