Should f2p acounts bite the bullet in pvp?

zealex.9410

@Fueki.4753 said:Noone would buy the game for it's terrible PvP.Even FF14 has better PvP than GW2.this question not about that better. There is a 100+ games there pvp is better .. And I check it myself, this is great. BUT The topic Question - make for hacker/bottling people get gold from pvp more risk -to lose real money that they invest in account.Because now start coast 0 euro .. and possible restart if fail also coast 0.But if person pay 30 euro to srat, and get big % to be lose that account - that make sence and will clear spvp botsBecasause now cut free account like the try with cup drink all water from ocean ..

@Aeolus.3615 said:Or verify game login with phone that would be imo best optionoh, last 7 month I don't have phone at all .. Ofc I can find mate who will accept my ask to help register that, but I not like idea.Also in many contry by number coast 2-5 euro... Let make minimal pass to ranked 29.99 euro .. and prevent boting person risk that 29.99 and get some benefit for anet.

@Fueki.4753 said:

@Vancho.8750 said:@zealex.9410Here is a better reason for Ranked and tournaments being locked to buying the game, Arenanet is losing money on this, there is no reason to buy the box if you play PVP all of PVP content is available to you in F2P. I find it kinda weird since PVE is more locked out then PVP, the TP is locked out , the mail is locked out and the better farming spots are locked out, the best gold on T4 fractals is locked out for a long time till you get Ascended gear and doing that on F2P costs allot. So for F2P, PVP has easier access to gold and ascended gear then doing the same in PVE.F2P should be just a trial which lets you see the game on its basic level, so you decide to buy the game not a way to play the game for a long time. Arenanet is business and they should make money, but they seem terrible at giving incentives for people to give them money that feel fair, they either overblow it by giving too much like the F2P or too little like the Build templates.

Noone would buy the game for it's terrible PvP.Even FF14 has better PvP than GW2.

Maybe f2p contributes to the bad quakity of pvp, like free updates contribute to the quality of pve.

@"zealex.9410" said:Maybe f2p contributes to the bad quakity of pvp, like free updates contribute to the quality of pve.

It definitely doesn't.It's mostly the "balance" decision that keep making PvP worse.If they were to remove f2p players from PvP, the queue times and difference in ranking each match would increase.I don't think anyone would want that to happen.

@Fueki.4753 said:

@"zealex.9410" said:Maybe f2p contributes to the bad quakity of pvp, like free updates contribute to the quality of pve.

It definitely doesn't.It's mostly the "balance" decision that keep making PvP worse.If they were to remove f2p players from PvP, the queue times and difference in ranking each match would increase.I don't think anyone would want that to happen.

I think people would be fine with that as long as they don't see many Flying People or Roombas in pvp.

@Vancho.8750 said:

I think people would be fine with that as long as they don't see many Flying People or Roombas in pvp.

And others would leave the mode behind completely, because the difference between skill levels and the needlessly increased queue times are too much. And thus, the skill level difference and queue times increase even more, causing even more players to leave.This circle would continue until Arenanet officially axes the mode.

Removing f2p players and accelerating that circle simply is not worth to get rid of hackers and bots.And even if they got rid of hackers, bots, hackers, f2p players and queue times below 10 minutes, there still would be the pestilence of players that are doing random things in the spawn, which significantly more detrimental to the mode than bots are.

What actually should happen is Arenanet deploying a team to monitor reports and act upon them.

@Fueki.4753 said:

And others would leave the mode behind completely, because the difference between skill levels and the needlessly increased queue times are too much. And thus, the skill level difference and queue times increase even more, causing even more players to leave.This circle would continue until Arenanet officially axes the mode.

Removing f2p players and accelerating that circle simply is not worth to get rid of hackers and bots.And even if they got rid of hackers, bots, hackers, f2p players and queue times below 10 minutes, there still would be the pestilence of players that are doing random things in the spawn, which significantly more detrimental to the mode than bots are.

What actually should happen is Arenanet deploying a team to monitor reports and act upon them.I don't there are that many F2P people that play ranked for that to happen though.

@Fueki.4753 said:

They dont have to necessarily kick f2p out of ranked, someone suggested upping the rank req, if they lets say had ti get to rank 50 or 60 to unlock ranked that could also make hackers have to put alot of time getting to that point.

@Fueki.4753 said:

What actually should happen is Arenanet deploying a team to monitor reports and act upon them.

For all we know the unchecked existence of hackers for years may have the same effect and continues to do so. Word of mouth that hackers have been reduced and that games arent ruined by them could very well improve the view of pvp that outsiders may have.

@Fueki.4753 said:

@"Vancho.8750" said:I don't there are that many F2P people that play ranked for that to happen though.There aren't "that many" people playing ranked in general, so losing the f2p players likely will have an impact.

Content creators outside of gw2 that tried pvp have posted clips of the hackers. Do you think that helps the gamemode grow? Would you rather see it slowly die out due to hackers and other poor choices rather than potentially hurt it for the shortterm but improve it in the long term? Lets not forget a new exoac is underway so even if the pop dropped rn due to the removal of f2ps it would still have a spike in 2021 due to eod.

@zealex.9410 said:Content creators outside of gw2 that tried pvp have posted clips of the hackers. Do you think that helps the gamemode grow? Would you rather see it slowly die out due to hackers and other poor choices rather than potentially hurt it for the shortterm but improve it in the long term? Lets not forget a new exoac is underway so even if the pop dropped rn due to the removal of f2ps it would still have a spike in 2021 due to eod.

Right now, there are only two choices in this argument:1) a rapidly increasing decline due to cutting of f2p players, and still having hackers and bots who actually paid for expansion2) the slow decline as it is now

There is no other choice. By cutting of f2p player you aren't hurting the mode only in the short term, you also contribute to an increased decline in the long term.

@Fueki.4753 said:

@zealex.9410 said:Content creators outside of gw2 that tried pvp have posted clips of the hackers. Do you think that helps the gamemode grow? Would you rather see it slowly die out due to hackers and other poor choices rather than potentially hurt it for the shortterm but improve it in the long term? Lets not forget a new exoac is underway so even if the pop dropped rn due to the removal of f2ps it would still have a spike in 2021 due to eod.

Right now, there are only two choices in this argument:1) a rapidly increasing decline due to cutting of f2p players, and still having hackers and bots who actually paid for expansion2) the slow decline as it is now

There is no other choice. By cutting of f2p player you aren't hurting the mode only in the short term, you also contribute to an increased decline in the long term.

Hackers and bots should decrease if you make getting back to ranked pvp a big deal. Most hackers wont keep buying acounts and then get banned, some will but after some point for more of them enough time/money is enough and they will move on.

The increase of the population is on the hands of anet, with eod we will have a spike, if theres another expac planned after eod then we will have another. Its been 3+ years since the last expac so alot of ppl dropped pvp because of that.

@zealex.9410 said:The increase of the population is on the hands of anet, with eod we will have a spike, if theres another expac planned after eod then we will have another. Its been 3+ years since the last expac so alot of ppl dropped pvp because of that.

I know a lot of people left PvP back then because of how OP some specs were. Not just at numbers but mechanically.

Even though I'm not one to ride him, CMC does seem to have a better understanding of the mode compared and , AFAIK is involved with the spec design this time so I hope they are more balanced this time around from the off.

Either up the rank require to get in to Ranked and ATs. Or make people buy at least buy the game. Competitive modes should not be a hacker/bot fest. If they do that. I'll definitely make a return to GW2's PvP. If not I'll just continue to call it a loss and do my PvP in Smite and ESO where that's not a issue.

@Fearless.3569 said:Either up the rank require to get in to Ranked and ATs. Or make people buy at least buy the game. Competitive modes should not be a hacker/bot fest. If they do that. I'll definitely make a return to GW2's PvP. If not I'll just continue to call it a loss and do my PvP in Smite and ESO where that's not a issue.

Oh yeah eso doesnt have f2p pvp

@"Cynz.9437" said:I would be against it. I have an alt account that doesn't have xpac (got it before GW2 became f2p). I enjoy playing it for fun and do some ranked on it as well. I don't think one need to limit pvp for f2p accounts just because of few hackers. I think it would be better if Anet support actually spent more time banning few hackers than limit experience of thousands of players. It shouldn't be THAT hard. Also, pvp community is small as it is - why make it even smaller?

But it IS that hard for them because they never put an ounce of effort into a meeting to sit down and ask "Okay guys, so if one person uses VPNs and MAC address spoofing and constantly makes F2p accounts with throw away email addresses, what can we do?"

Nope instead they met over Zoom and were like "okay, how do we best ignore the problem?"

@memausz.7264 said:

@"Cynz.9437" said:I would be against it. I have an alt account that doesn't have xpac (got it before GW2 became f2p). I enjoy playing it for fun and do some ranked on it as well. I don't think one need to limit pvp for f2p accounts just because of few hackers. I think it would be better if Anet support actually spent more time banning few hackers than limit experience of thousands of players. It shouldn't be THAT hard. Also, pvp community is small as it is - why make it even smaller?

But it IS that hard for them because they never put an ounce of effort into a meeting to sit down and ask "Okay guys, so if one person uses VPNs and MAC address spoofing and constantly makes F2p accounts with throw away email addresses, what can we do?"

Nope instead they met over Zoom and were like "okay, how do we best ignore the problem?"

Generally speaking going after the hackers is the prefered course of action if your game is small and niche. When yiur game is ow or vallorant you nee to go after the cheat maker which is harder.

Thankfully anet is the former so the easiest solution is to make competitive pvp inaccesible to hackers and i believe the best bandaid until better solutions are there is gating f2p from ranked and at. Total gate for ats, the pinnacke of gw2 pvp and maybe rank gate for ranked if not b2p gate there as well. f2p trail should still retain its trial nature, which means, allowing f2p to try unranked.