Marked

Ordo Seclorum.1796

might be some misunderstandings there. own territory can only mark+reveal u if: enemy skills, enemy used traps for mark, or if enemy just flipped it and it's not effectively "your territory" anymore :P

stealth surely is annoying , but on largescale it's half that bad. every group would need people to keep their eyes open and report in time if they see stealthing groups (u hear the blasts...)

plus, necro marks and dragonhunter trap trigger also when invisible ppl run over them, lines block there as well. you can even counter-stealth if u smell it. you'd have the advantage of having longer time to nicely set up a smoke+tripleblasts of every guard

at smallscale, most classes effects to reveal enemies (thieves, mesmers) are actually pretty usesless. that's what it makes so strong in that kind of play.

Stealthing for map travel, it's fair. You're at no more disadvantage than anyone else.

Stealthing for build use, it's fair. You're strength is in picking a fight and dismantling until an opportunity opens up for a quick stealthed position Stealth Attack and Stealth Attacks are designed for that window.

Stealth travel is a build choice with it's ups and downs. have a few build templates. Two of mine are almost identical except for a couple of small changes.

You're probably just trying to watch the world burn with a thread like this so good luck and have fun.

@kash.9213 said:

• Stealthing for map travel, it's fair. You're at no more disadvantage than anyone else.
  • Stealthing for build use, it's fair. You're strength is in picking a fight and dismantling until an opportunity opens up for a quick stealthed position Stealth Attack and Stealth Attacks are designed for that window.
  • Stealth travel is a build choice with it's ups and downs. have a few build templates. Two of mine are almost identical except for a couple of small changes.
  • You're probably just trying to watch the world burn with a thread like this so good luck and have fun.

Going to guess you main thief? As can counter those:

• Stealthing for map travel is not fair, as you are literally invisible
  • Stealthing for build use can turn unfair very quickly as reveal options are limited and gimmicky at best
  • Stealth travel doesn't have enough tradeoffs, and the fact you have build choice puts you above a lot of other classes already who are stuck at only one build

My solution would be to reduce/remove the passive marking, and make active reveal way more prevalent. No one would want this as it means thieves couldn't leave spawn as every class would be able to reveal you at any time, on demand. To a point you can already do this with traps, but those aren't very effective in a fight unless you already outnumber--so my 'active reveal' would come in the form of more utility skills being able to reveal.

Lets start with saying I don't think it's broken, but just would like to understand more about these claims:

@Gotejjeken.1267 said:

• Stealth travel doesn't have enough tradeoffs,

Stealthing for travel means you're not mounted, so you're slower on top of having to use your resources to keep being in stealth though? How is this not enough?

and the fact you have build choice puts you above a lot of other classes already who are stuck at only one build

Why exactly are they stuck at only one build?

• Confused 1

@Gotejjeken.1267 said:

• Stealthing for map travel, it's fair. You're at no more disadvantage than anyone else.
  • Stealthing for build use, it's fair. You're strength is in picking a fight and dismantling until an opportunity opens up for a quick stealthed position Stealth Attack and Stealth Attacks are designed for that window.
  • Stealth travel is a build choice with it's ups and downs. have a few build templates. Two of mine are almost identical except for a couple of small changes.
  • You're probably just trying to watch the world burn with a thread like this so good luck and have fun.

Going to guess you main thief? As can counter those:
  • Stealthing for map travel is not fair, as you are literally invisible
  • Stealthing for build use can turn unfair very quickly as reveal options are limited and gimmicky at best
  • Stealth travel doesn't have enough tradeoffs, and the fact you have build choice puts you above a lot of other classes already who are stuck at only one build

My solution would be to reduce/remove the passive marking, and make active reveal way more prevalent. No one would want this as it means thieves couldn't leave spawn as every class would be able to reveal you at any time, on demand. To a point you can already do this with traps, but those aren't very effective in a fight unless you already outnumber--so my 'active reveal' would come in the form of more utility skills being able to reveal.

Re-read the OP and argue with them if you want, then re-read my response. I do main thief, and I would be in favor of deliberate skill use over passive poorly aimed balance measures.