Essence of Luck after you reach 300%

• 1 month later...

At this point, I wouldn't even mind if they added chef recipes that would do something like +50% magic find (among other benefits), but cost exotic Essence of Luck to craft.

There just needs to be something that can be done with the luck, whether it's vendoring it, crafting recipes (which need to use a lot!), or even (least desirable) an eater. Heck, even a vendor that you can buy material bags from for luck would be great.

I'm not at cap yet, but it will happen in the next few months.

@Ayumi Spender.1082 said:

@Vavume.8065 said:

@kharmin.7683 said:I feel so insignificant with my paltry 137% :(

I'm 129% and don't see ways of getting it up that high anymore.

Play the game more, post on the forum less, ez.

Um. I'm on the game sometimes 6+ hours a day. Certian days 12+ hours when I have literally nothing to do and no where to go.Takes days to get 1% right now. I can't imagine "if" I ever get to the 200s or 250s and needing to get the rest.

I'm 298% - I haven't gone out of my way to do build it up. all I have done is played the game, salvaged everything rare and under and its just built up over time since it was implemented.

I don't know how much of a loss it is right now, but if your really desperate for luck, you could salvage ecto, eat the luck and sell the dust to get some money back to rebuy ecto

@YoukiNeko.6047 said:

@Shirlias.8104 said:

@YuckaMountain.3786 said:How about luck eater or hourglass that you can buy stuff, obsidians or currencies?

It won't work because eaters are supposed to eat a really small part of the used currency.I will try to explain this better:

It's not something which is needed in order to make a profit or an equal exchange.The currency has no use once you hit 300% MF but it does still drop.Not knowing what would be avaible in the future, as for karma, tokens, golds, quartz and so on, we do simply not trash it.

But since it's
  • Not usable for any recipe
  • Not able to being refined into something else ( like bloodstone dust or other stuff which has multiple uses )
  • Not able to be exchanged for items
  • Not able to be stacked in bank ( but due to fact that you gain too much would be pointless. i do currently have around 400 slots occupied by exotic essences stacks ).
  • Not able to be consumed because of the cap
  • Not used with any eater ( though it would be a joke because of the way you get it. I mean that eater would eat 6x250 and you will get XX x 250 per day ).

We do currently save it ( i currently have 4 full characters, which due to MF stacks can't be played. Fortunately i don't play them but i am also gaining more MF so the problem is getting real ).

Throw it away and your bags will be free. Or are you saving it just in case you can do something else with it?

As a currency, i have to save it.It should simply be a portfolio currency, and currently it's ANET the one at fault.

And since it's a QoL problem which affect the game since years, it's ridiculous that we don't have a fix yet ( i was lucky i dropped the game and i only managed to cap my luck 4 months ago, or else part of my game would included manage it ).

Actions like

• Throw it away
  • Convert them
  • Stack them
  • Use them

Should simply don't exist, because they are a time sink and simply bad development.

@Shirlias.8104 said:

@YuckaMountain.3786 said:How about luck eater or hourglass that you can buy stuff, obsidians or currencies?

It won't work because eaters are supposed to eat a really small part of the used currency.I will try to explain this better:

It's not something which is needed in order to make a profit or an equal exchange.The currency has no use once you hit 300% MF but it does still drop.Not knowing what would be avaible in the future, as for karma, tokens, golds, quartz and so on, we do simply not trash it.

But since it's
  • Not able to being refined into something else ( like bloodstone dust or other stuff which has multiple uses )
  • Not able to be stacked in bank ( but due to fact that you gain too much would be pointless. i do currently have around 400 slots occupied by exotic essences stacks ).
  • Not used with any eater ( though it would be a joke because of the way you get it. I mean that eater would eat 6x250 and you will get XX x 250 per day ).

We do currently save it ( i currently have 4 full characters, which due to MF stacks can't be played. Fortunately i don't play them but i am also gaining more MF so the problem is getting real ).

It is required for some recipes, wallet will not work.

@Wolfheart.7483 said:

But since it's

It is required for some recipes, wallet will not work.

A vendor from who you can trade a wallet currency for some real currency ( or items ) and the problem would be solved ( as stated many times in the previous posts ).

Next.

Ideas what to do with luck if you have 300%

1) Implement a Luck to Karma Converter!! Basically for every 2 Luck Points you get 1 Karma ...2) Implement Luck to Map Currency Converters for the Costs of some Map Currency and Gold3) Implement more Crafting Recipes, qhich require Luck to craft the goods4) Add the Option to activate the use of Luck additionally to whenever you gather Materials from Nodes for a little Chance of increased Material Gain per gather5) Add the option to activate the use of Luck additionaölly to whenver you salvage Items for a little chance of increased Material Gain6) Let us throw Luck Stacks of all 4 sorts from common to exotic (10,50,100,250) into the Mystic Forge to get back a random amount of various T6 Materials, or Mystic Clovers7) Implement Infusions that are craftable with the help of alot of Luck, which boost your Magic Find Percentage by like 10% per Infusion8) Implement earnable Finishing Moves, which you can earn and unlock from spending alot of Luck to a new NPC9) Implement earnable unique Outfits, which you can get only from spendign alot of Luck to a new NPC (same one as above)10) Implement a unique Lucky Clover Weapon Set that you can earn only via spendign alot of Luck to a new NPC (Collection)11) Implement a unique Lucky Clover Armor Set that you can earn only via spending alot of Luck to a new NPC (Collection)12) Implement a wide array of unique Lucky Minipets that you can earn only via spendign alot of Luck (Collection)13) Implement a unique Lucky Clover Glider Skin that you can earn only via spendign alot of Luck to a new NPC ...14) Implement some new Mount Skins earnable only via spending alot of Luck to a new NPC, starting of with a Knightly Skin Set, making our mounts look more armored and knightly, basically similar to what you did with Aurene as mini pet.. nothign to spectacular therefore that its basicalyl free earable skins, but gives the player stil lthe feel of some little progression, making your mounts look a bit more epic than usign the default skin that everybody has...15) Let us Trade Luck for some small Black Lion Items, like Bank, Trade NPC, BL Salvage Tool16) Let us use Luck within the Crafting process to increase the amount of Crafting Exp by significantly boostign the Chances for bigger Exp Boosts17) Let us consume Luck together with using Buff Items to increase/renew the Durations, while the Effects are still up18) Implement an Account Bonus, which consumes Luck, with that so you can increase the Percentage Boost for increasing Buff Item Durations and which works itself like magic Find, becoming proportionally harder to increase your max buff Duration Times so higher you increase this Accoutn Bonus, costing with every increase more and more Luck each time. Say you have boosted this Bonus up to like +25%, then woudl have from now on all Buff Items you use +25% increased Durations for you.19) Implement an Account Bonus, which consumes Luck with that you can increase your Haggling Bonus Percentage, which enables you to sell items from NPCs for more Gold and to buy from them cheaper. Works like the one above, so more you progress on this, so more difficult it will become to progress further, justz liek with Magic Find.20) Let us use Luck to convert it into WvW Exp /Reward Track Progression Items

There are more than enough options, to improve the usage of Luck in this Game, if anet just only truly would want to improve this ... needs no rocket science to come up onto these 20 ways of how to improve the usage of Luck in this game ...

I still think the most simple and clean solution is a system similar to how XP converts to Spirit Shards, except instead you get a random amount of a random currency found in the wallet (excluding Gems) for each "new" MF-level beyond 300. Things like recipes, vendors and eaters can come later.

This would allows us to keep consuming luck as normal and occasionally get a reward that is immediatly deposited into the wallet, reducing micromanagement. This is probably the most important thing for me; GW2 has way more inventory clutter and management than I am comfortable with at the moment.

@Shirlias.8104 said:

But since it's

The New Year back armor pieces?

Glad to see lots of people talking about this. Just wanted to add another name to the "please give us something to do with extra luck" cause. Once I maxed out on MF I've not focused as much on acquiring luck, but the storage of luck is getting annoying. Whatever idea comes through, I'm sure it will be welcome!

My friend who is capped on luck and I frequently build guild halls together and just recently he drained all his luck donating to a hall I'm currently building. No one is to blame for chars and chars filled with exotic luck that you "can't use" where the luck sits useless because you store it and choose not to donate it somewhere because you think anet will add some use for luck that will make you rich later or will benefit you somehow except you. This is a choice you're making. Meanwhile people who aren't capped on luck fall farther on farther behind trying to cap their luck and have to donate luck that could've contributed to their magic find because a large majority of people who ARE capped on it choose to hoard it instead of donating it.

@"Fremtid.3528" said:My friend who is capped on luck and I frequently build guild halls together and just recently he drained all his luck donating to a hall I'm currently building. No one is to blame for chars and chars filled with exotic luck that you "can't use" where the luck sits useless because you store it and choose not to donate it somewhere because you think anet will add some use for luck that will make you rich later or will benefit you somehow except you. This is a choice you're making. Meanwhile people who aren't capped on luck fall farther on farther behind trying to cap their luck and have to donate luck that could've contributed to their magic find because a large majority of people who ARE capped on it choose to hoard it instead of donating it.

I would wager a large number of those who are capped on luck are also parts of guilds that are done with upgrades that require Luck. So, no, that's still not a use for all of this unusable luck.

There needs to be something that can be done without limit with luck, even if it's just vendoring it.

@Drarnor Kunoram.5180 said:

@"Fremtid.3528" said:My friend who is capped on luck and I frequently build guild halls together and just recently he drained all his luck donating to a hall I'm currently building. No one is to blame for chars and chars filled with exotic luck that you "can't use" where the luck sits useless because you store it and choose not to donate it somewhere because you think anet will add some use for luck that will make you rich later or will benefit you somehow except you. This is a choice you're making. Meanwhile people who aren't capped on luck fall farther on farther behind trying to cap their luck and have to donate luck that could've contributed to their magic find because a large majority of people who ARE capped on it choose to hoard it instead of donating it.

I would wager a large number of those who are capped on luck are also parts of guilds that are done with upgrades that require Luck. So, no, that's still not a use for all of this unusable luck.

Definitely this.Also in order to have all the guild halls your guild has to split between different guilds, each with a different guild hall.

Currently we do have 5 guild slots, and most of the players have 3 for the main guild and 2 free ( storage guilds or different guilds ).

@Shirlias.8104 said:

Definitely this.Also in order to have all the guild halls your guild has to split between different guilds, each with a different guild hall.

Currently we do have 5 guild slots, and most of the players have 3 for the main guild and 2 free ( storage guilds or different guilds ).

After double-checking the amounts required, any given upgrade (aside from further exploration) only requires a couple days worth of my average luck gain. So, once I hit cap, I can play for a week and supply all of the luck needed for a guild, shy of the Further Exploration upgrade (which would take me most of a month on my average play). Talk about a short-term solution.

That's one person, playing semi-casually for 1-2 hours a day. Not a guild, but one person.

@Drarnor Kunoram.5180 said:

After double-checking the amounts required, any given upgrade (aside from further exploration) only requires a couple days worth of my average luck gain. So, once I hit cap, I can play for a week and supply all of the luck needed for a guild, shy of the Further Exploration upgrade (which would take me most of a month on my average play). Talk about a short-term solution.

That's one person, playing semi-casually for 1-2 hours a day. Not a guild, but one person.

Yeah i know.

raises handJust another case of the same problem, many stacks exotic luck an no way to use them.I don't think unlocking account luck > 300% would cause harm, just set a hefty exponential growth to the cost. Having a few players with 310% (+ boni) won't affect the ingame economy perceptibly.