Essence of Luck after you reach 300%

@Shirlias.8104 said:88 exotic once per year?You probably don't have any idea how fast luck can be made.[...]

I am aware. As I am aware that not everyone has the time to do it. Some people can one play a few minutes per day. Same goes for Halloween. Getting many candy corn cobs takes little time for someone who can farm the labyrinth for an hour. But not everyone can do that. And one must never consider what can be purchased from the trading post for vendor prices. So the prices are set considering average gameplay, not intensive 6h/day farming and buying stuff from the trading post. It's a festival, after all.

@Zaraki.5784 said:Idk how so many of you guys managed to get to 300 so fast, I always salvaged every rare and below armor/weapon since essences of luck were intruduced, but I'm barely past 200%....

"so fast" game has been out for 5 years... with 550k wvw kills loot overstacks

It depends a lot on how you play. If you do things that generate a ton of foe deaths, there will be enough loot to salvage to max more quickly. If you tend to do content with lower kill rates, it takes longer.

You can choose to speed it up by using things like containers that drop essences (e.g. ToT bags), salvaging ecto for the crystalline dust (to use or sell), and so on.

Only took me 2 days full time work during Lunar New Year festival.Buying envelopes, opening them under max MF in Silverwastes, resell stuff to buy again and rince repeat. Two full days to max out Account Magic Find. I didn't lose any gold in the process either.

I also have as many stacks as in that picture and I'll keep hoarding until they increase the cap. Heck I'm even saving all the letters from Logan from my weekly BLC key farms, 50luck is 50 luck ^^

I'm vehemently against luck eaters. Much more towards continuing the exponential increase from 300 to 400%.

@MithranArkanere.8957 said:

@Shirlias.8104 said:88 exotic once per year?You probably don't have any idea how fast luck can be made.[...]

I am aware. As I am aware that not everyone has the time to do it. Some people can one play a few minutes per day. Same goes for Halloween. Getting many candy corn cobs takes little time for someone who can farm the labyrinth for an hour. But not everyone can do that. And one must never consider what can be purchased from the trading post for vendor prices. So the prices are set considering average gameplay, not intensive 6h/day farming and buying stuff from the trading post. It's a festival, after all.

It's not the same.

If you are aware of a problem you don't work on it in order not to solve it.You are deliberately propose "let's waste dev team resources for something useless instead of a simple fix".

The fix is to move essences into a wallet currency and put a vendor which can sell you essences for currency, for those who didn't cap.Then, if they would like to work on it in any way, like

how to use the extra essences players got after cap?

they would be welcome.

But currently the problem is the space.We don't necessarily need any bag which cost luck, extra mf, decorations and so on.

There are priorities.

That said about the real problem, what you says about the proposals you made has no sense at all

• did you see any block on Karma on those who farm more karma than you?

• or dungeon tokens?

• or HoT maps currencies?

• or PoF maps currencies?

• or Core maps currencies?

• or Gold? And about gold i wanna quote you

Getting many candy corn cobs takes little time for someone who can farm the labyrinth for an hour.

many players simply use golds in order to buy em and open or stack em ( to sell in the future ), so here's your way to bypass the system ( or better, how a market does work ).

@Zaraki.5784 said:Idk how so many of you guys managed to get to 300 so fast, I always salvaged every rare and below armor/weapon since essences of luck were intruduced, but I'm barely past 200%....

Personally, I had it as a goal for a while, and used the TP. I bought and salvaged blues (mostly weapons, as I recall; armor never seemed to have the breadth of choice by comparison). I spent several weeks watching the "sweet spot" of prices (where I was getting at least as much back from selling salvaged mats as I was from buying the stuff in the first place); putting in bids of a copper over the then-highest buy offers, for large quantities of just about everything that was at or below that price (avoiding a tricksy few items that can be put on the TP but can't be salvaged); salvaging everything I got; rinsing and repeating. But it was a serious grind. Can't say I'd recommend it to anyone unless they have a lot of patience, no life, and an hour or so spare each day (which is what I reckoned it was taking; and most of that was placing purchase orders).

Having said that - just before HoT launched, I bought a second account, and for that I've merely been salvaging (things dropping on my first account get sent over). It's been slower, but it's basically just routine housekeeping - and I play too much anyway, so plenty is dropping. I'm up to 222 at present (of which 8 is achievements) - so I'm only 5 points away from hitting the 30K per extra point plateau just doing that.

Hadn't thought to stack the excess luck on my first account, though; I've just been burning it.

I can't honestly see that I see any point in pushing the MF cap any higher, simply because people have hit it and are moaning; there are plenty of other currencies and once-valuable old drops in the game that are effectively valueless as well by now. But it would be nice to see something useful that all that extra EoL could be used for.

(Edit:)Plus, more pragmatically - the idea of any cap whatsoever implies that, eventually, some of us at least may hit it. Once that fact is established, anything more is simply bickering about where the cap should be. The bottom line is that ANet decided to cap the MF bonus, and we've hit the cap. End of story, really.

On the old forums this subject came up, and people gave a lot of ideas, and it all got shot down, with the " you pushed to 300% im no where near it that, and it should never be raised " fast forward and here we are, I destroy EoL everyday now as its useless to me, and im sure others do the same,

This game has a history of holding people back or restricting them because others complain they cant or wont catch up, and Anet has followed that pattern ( AP cap anyone, which should also be changed )

They should have made it that when you hit the 300% cap, each level from

301-400 takes 45,000 Luck,401-500 takes 60,000 Luck501-600 takes 75,000 Luck601-750 takes 90,000 Luck

You get that idea, that would vastly slow down the luck gained, but allow us to use it for something useful in the long term, if they insist of holding back some players because others don't want to cap something or use something, then its going to get worse in the long run,

( Could you imagine If the said, ok you made Legnedary Armor so you can only get 1 LI per week now, because others haven't made it yet, and its only fair to let them catch up )

So Anet please, raise the cap for MF and allow those who want to keep using luck to use it.

With low luck requirements as 45-90k per point it would be unfair towards those who didn't cap yet.

Me and others could manage to cap in a few months and have a big advantage on those who don't.

I would instead set higher goals

301% -> 1 Million required302% -> 2 Millions required303% -> 4 Millions required304% -> 8 Millions required305% -> 16 Millions required

Etc...

@Shirlias.8104 said:With low luck requirements as 45-90k per point it would be unfair towards those who didn't cap yet.

Me and others could manage to cap in a few months and have a big advantage on those who don't.

301% -> 1 Million required302% -> 2 Millions required303% -> 4 Millions required304% -> 8 Millions required305% -> 16 Millions required

Etc...

Problem with it being that high would be, can you imagine if you got to say 305% that would be 31 Million you used, someone then hitting 300% would cry claiming they could never catch that, but keeping it on the similar scale as the 30k per level, IE 45-90k people would always beable to catch up, ( think causal players here, who are the factor we are limited in game )

I am also at 300% and no matter what Anet change it to ( if they do ) we will always have an advantage as we have a head start, with the number I put it would take 27 Million to hit the cap again.

I'm not apposed to doubling it per tier so start at 60k, 120k, 240k, 480k but my overall concern with that would be that players who can afford it would drive the price of certain mats way up, making it vastly unfair for some players, that's why the lower numbers would allow some to hit the cap and not completely blow the market up on certain mats.

@jediwolf.8724 said:I am at 240 MF. Trying to slow down on getting more. I have enough storage issues without having to put these in the bank as well.I think we should just go with a simple fix of once you hit 300 MF you have the option to convert it to Karma. At least that is useful for something.

You dont have to put them in the bank. You just continue to consume them. Like eating empty calories. I have 303K mf @314% (including bonuses) and mf just keep on ticking up.

@Dawdler.8521 said:You dont have to put them in the bank. You just continue to consume them. Like eating empty calories.

I do this and I feel like someday I will regret it... I wish I could hoard all the luck I don't use, but it would drive me mad XDI would be in support of any increase with magic find % or some kind of converter for all the excess luck!

@GuildWarsChamp.5302 said:

@Dawdler.8521 said:You dont have to put them in the bank. You just continue to consume them. Like eating empty calories.

I do this and I feel like someday I will regret it... I wish I could hoard all the luck I don't use, but it would drive me mad XDI would be in support of any increase with magic find % or some kind of converter for all the excess luck!

IF it ever gets extended above 300% I assume that Anet will retroactivly count the current raw mf... but sure you never now. I aint got space in the bank regardless.

@Shirlias.8104 said:With low luck requirements as 45-90k per point it would be unfair towards those who didn't cap yet.

Etc...

I'm not a luck farmer or anything, I'm over 200% atm from salvaging everything rare and under and exotics under 1g, but this is kind of what I was thinking. Just soft cap it with current 300% and then go full blown insane above that mark. Let people feel like luck is something to not just be deleted.

@Justine.6351 said:

Etc...

I'm not a luck farmer or anything, I'm over 200% atm from salvaging everything rare and under and exotics under 1g, but this is kind of what I was thinking. Just soft cap it with current 300% and then go full blown insane above that mark. Let people feel like luck is something to not just be deleted.

That's my point.Infinite and impossible to achieve would be perfect.

I am not mad that some farmers have more luck % from achievements, and even so it would have been something so damn slow.It would be the same ( maybe the requirement i did propose are a joke cause they could be fast to reach, but it was only an example ).

@kharmin.7683 said:I feel so insignificant with my paltry 137% :(

Lol, I'm at 113% or something like that. Long breaks don't help, but I've been playing more recently.

I had an account after the first few months, but never really got into it. Once I finally started liking the core game, HoT was introduced, I I was not a fan of the map setup. I'm loving the unique way they did mounts, and the map setup without all the level jumping.

There should be a clear and definitive point where no matter how long the game life is it shouldn't go beyond. 300%+ AP is rather acceptable imo. If it goes higher and higher it will collapse on itself and will need rework. But implemented "eater" into Gleam of Sentience will be welcome.

Luck is part of your rewards - you should never have to delete a reward instead of actually getting something for it. Anet should have come up with a plan of what to do with excess luck when the first few accounts capped luck. That must have been years ago and yet Anet still hasn't done anything about it.