[Merged] Customer Support Ticket Response Times - Page 3 — Guild Wars 2 Forums

[Merged] Customer Support Ticket Response Times

Comments

• atheria.2837atheria.2837 Member ✭✭✭

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:
    You can re-open a closed ticket by updating it. That may help with the time required to get through the queue. (There may be a Sticky about Ticket issues.)

Good luck.

Not true.

Most tickets can't be reopened.

@azsh.1928 said:
    I'm waiting long, long time and got no response whatsoever ;-( ID 6890817

Did you receive the near-immediate automated reply?

If not, check spam/junk folders; if so, has it been more than 10 days?

Spam filters show nothing. Not even a search in email shows any responses.

Some people are not getting help from the tickets they are putting in.

Period.

• RoseofGilead.8907RoseofGilead.8907 Member ✭✭✭✭

@atheria.2837 said:

@azsh.1928 said:

Period.

If you didn't even receive the automated reply, then your ticket didn't go through or you put in the wrong email address. That's not an issue of support not replying.

Oh look. I have a signature now.

@RoseofGilead.8907 said:

@atheria.2837 said:

@azsh.1928 said:

Period.

If you didn't even receive the automated reply, then your ticket didn't go through or you put in the wrong email address. That's not an issue of support not replying.

I have the screenshots of the tickets, while putting them in and the acknowledgement online from the website.

Period.

• Inculpatus cedo.9234Inculpatus cedo.9234 Member ✭✭✭✭

@atheria.2837 said:

You can re-open a closed ticket by updating it. That may help with the time required to get through the queue. (There may be a Sticky about Ticket issues.)

Good luck.

Not true.

Most tickets can't be reopened.

Here's a quote:

Otherwise, simply respond to the e-mail associated with the previous ticket and that will automatically re-open the existing ticket.

Perhaps, policy has changed; anything is possible.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/support/Current-State-of-Support-August-28-2017#post6739702

@atheria.2837 said:

@RoseofGilead.8907 said:

@atheria.2837 said:

@azsh.1928 said:

Period.

I have the screenshots of the tickets, while putting them in and the acknowledgement online from the website.

Period.

I'm not saying you didn't go through the process of making a ticket. I'm saying you have not received the automated confirmation email, which means that something has gone wrong there. If the ticket did fully go through, then you should have received the aforementioned email. If you don't have it, then you either accidentally put the wrong email address in your ticket or your spam filters are catching the emails from Anet.

• AnClar.1304AnClar.1304 Member ✭✭

Put in a ticket on May 4, got a response on May 13, so 9 calendar days...currently working on issue with support.

• Awheya.3796Awheya.3796 Member ✭✭

So, I created a follow-up once again and it was closed without response. AGAIN. What's up with Support lately??

• Zephyr.8015Zephyr.8015 Member ✭✭

It took support 11 days to get me a response. 11 days I was so frustrated by the lack of communication and overall poor support I closed my ticket without it being resolved.

• Zilyanna.5476Zilyanna.5476 Member ✭✭

8 days now for 1 ticket. 5 days for the other... feels like a waste of time trying to recover an account when support has terrible communication with you. A simple "we got your ticket, we estimate itll take about x days before we can properly assist you" would be better than just simply ignoring the ticket until they are ready to "help"

• I have a friend who is a full week into waiting on support for his 2-factor authentication not working. Since its the 2-factor authentication that is creating the problem, they can't sign into the support site either to check the status of the original request (which had to be submitted anonymously). His ticket number is #6899332. Any help on this would be appreciated.

• whenever i go to support i can't stay logged in so i had to submit an anonymous ticket. it's for a basic task of changing email address (which why we can't change it ourselves is ridiculous to me). i didn't get a confirmation email and i have no idea if there's even a ticket in the system for it.

• GreyWolf.8670GreyWolf.8670 Member ✭✭✭

I think this page shows any tickets you've created whether open or closed. https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us/requests

Double check your email's spam folders and such. If you still don't see a confirmation email, then the ticket didn't go through properly.

• Haven't read the rest of the posts but I sent in a ticket to remove my authenticator since I haven't played in 3 years. Hadn't heard back in about a week even after updating the ticket to ask about a status update so I just submitted a brand new ticket and it was resolved in about a day. Maybe some tickets just get lost in the cracks, but this is my experience.

• mowljo.2376mowljo.2376 Member ✭✭

This sounds very interesting!
    Did you change anything about the support ticket? @Slayertidus.3278
    or was it the completly same?

• Magpiez.2957Magpiez.2957 Member
    edited May 18, 2018

Just to chip in here, I've been waiting on a response to my ticket #6901155 since Saturday @ 12:41 (UK).

@Gaile Gray.6029 are you able to assist at all please? :(

I probably read most post from Gaile or on the subject of support ticket time and I can say with 100% certainty that there is absolutly nothing anybody will or can do.
    But its okay to speak up, otherwise we would live a lie and feedback is always important.
    I hope our tickets get resolved soon :-/

• fritanga.1623fritanga.1623 Member ✭✭

@Fritatoes.5136 said:
    I have a friend who is a full week into waiting on support for his 2-factor authentication not working. Since its the 2-factor authentication that is creating the problem, they can't sign into the support site either to check the status of the original request (which had to be submitted anonymously). His ticket number is #6899332. Any help on this would be appreciated.

My issue was fixed today! Thank you for the help, friend!

• Support ticket #6904111, openend on Monday, updated on Thursday, no reply yet, did receive email that ticket had been received. Assuming 5 work days with weekends off it'll take more than a week to reply to a simple issue.

@Gaile Gray.6029 any help would be appreciated.

• 10 days for my ticket now. I sent a reminder request after 7 days so I do not forget about it, but I feel Anet has. :(

• @mowljo.2376 said:
    This sounds very interesting!
    Did you change anything about the support ticket? @Slayertidus.3278
    or was it the completly same?

I really didn't change anything. I just mentioned that I already had put in a ticket and tried to respond back to the same email for updates.

I'm guessing my first ticket just fell through the cracks somehow.

• RandomWolf.3986RandomWolf.3986 Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 20, 2018

I don't recall Support taking this long to answer a ticket. It's been almost two weeks since I filed one in regards to a purchase I made. I understand that Support has to analyze and respond each ticket depending on their 'priority', but since this was related to a purchase... I actually thought they would've answered it by now. I recall Support being way faster back in 2015 to the point where tickets were resolved within the same day they were filed.

Is there any particular reason why this is the case? I suppose it makes sense when it's around a major release or even during a troublesome wave of issues, but we're not going through anything like that the moment, which does make me worry. I've also noticed that it's usually the same "GMs" who respond to the tickets in question, and I remember there being more people in this line of work.

Has ANet shared any information in regards to this? If not, what are your thoughts on the matter?

They have shared (on Reddit), stating tickets are running a week, 10 days, or more due to high volume. (You may have heard about the recent ban wave.)
    You can update your (original) ticket, and inquire about progress.

Good luck.

• @Gaile Gray.6029 - Is there any way to see where my ticket is at? #6899721

It used to be a 2-3 day turnaround (maybe a little more on weekends). Why is it now 10+ days to get a response? I'm honestly curious what changed and why there's been no mention of it.

• Traveller.7496Traveller.7496 Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 20, 2018

Same experience here, I have an open ticket (got an automated respons) on since the 14th ( #6903959) and usually the response time has been 2-3 days maximum, sometimes even on the same day. Right now it seems to be taking very long.

• Could I please get an update on my ticket #6902540 from Sunday, as it's been almost a week? I accidentally consumed some items I was meaning to sell later on that day (had bank_ and_ inventory open - oops :cry: ) and I was hoping to get them restored. I got a confirmation email the day of submitting my ticket but nothing since then.

• Turk.4876Turk.4876 Member

Can I please get an update on #6900832. (It's for my old account which I don't have access to the email anymore.) It has been around 8 days now... I got the conformation email right after I sent it. Please @Gaile Gray.6029

• Daddicus.6128Daddicus.6128 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Schnuschnu.9857 said:

@Gaile Gray.6029 said:

I can't escalate or "jump the queue" on any tickets, as I'm sure you can appreciate. (I mean, that would just be inappropriate and unfair to do, right?) However, because the last two are so far outside of what I was told were the norms, I will ask about them and if I have any information to share, will post it later.

Since this seem to happen more frequently (I had this problem too as you know) I think a general information (some step that are normaly taken)on how the support really works would be good, so we know why such things happen etc. Also I want to suggest you could implement a new system. I don't know if this would be possible. The people from the support team work there for years and should know what is a normal queue. There should be a system which measures the queue length and if the queue length is far above the normal value a automated hint is shown on the support page that answers could take a bit longer due to large quantities of tickets in the system. This would give players a hint at why tickets may take longer to get an answer. Also a quick "We received your ticket but additional work is required until we can give an answer to you." would be nice as a generic reply if something like you mentioned in the top of your post is going on so players know. Sometimes we don't need an answer right away but would like to know what happend to our ticket.

Actually, understanding why it's slow is obvious: there aren't enough trained people doing support.

• Daddicus.6128Daddicus.6128 Member ✭✭✭✭

Shouldn't broken accounts receive top priority? A broken account could be a security issue with the game itself. If that were the case, delaying looking at the tickets could have an astronomically high cost to ANet.

In any case, anything longer than a few hours is too long for support to react. They need more people.

if you are trying to recover an accound and you do not have either the email or serial code to the game (help your soul if you bought the game with the email you do not remember) consider your account loss. it doesn't matter if you have the physical address, birthday, name, phone number, and exact spelling to all of your characters (yes EXACT spelling, this means caps and all). so if you don't have that kind of information, consider your account lost for good. waited 11 days just to be told "sorry, cant help you recover your account" even though I provided so much information that is on the account but they are hell bent on email or serial code. I provided them information that no one can simply just guess but in their eyes, physical address, birthday, name, phone number, etc doesn't count as proof of ownership...

@Turk.4876 said:
    Can I please get an update on #6900832. (It's for my old account which I don't have access to the email anymore.) It has been around 8 days now... I got the conformation email right after I sent it. Please @Gaile Gray.6029

good luck, I waited 11 days and was basically told to start over

Well, to be fair, all that information could be gleaned from a compromised email account. Usually when a game account is compromised, the associated email account is compromised, as well.

That is one reason to never keep the email sent with one's Serial Key in any email folders; as well as any other sensitive information.

• Rhapsody Dragonfly.5136Rhapsody Dragonfly.5136 Member ✭✭
    edited May 21, 2018

it took 10 days closer to 11 days hahaha but I guess they are busy

Dont worry, there are a ton of people here waiting to get a respond for things like this.
    I also already wait 9 days without a anything. I seriously dont know whats going on.

• Heibi.4251Heibi.4251 Member ✭✭✭

Got a new modem today. Forgot about the WinAuth App hell that I have to go through. It no longer seems to recognize my password. And of course since I can't get the code from the WinauthApp I can't go in and get rid of it and switch to the simpler version of just sending a code to my cell phone via SMS. Gaile, how long should this take? It seems pretty simple to address. I'm hoping it's not a multiple day event for a new modem issue.

Henge of Denravi Commander
    CA/CH/HOD/AIR

• Heibi.4251Heibi.4251 Member ✭✭✭

@Heibi.4251 said:
    Got a new modem today. Forgot about the WinAuth App hell that I have to go through. It no longer seems to recognize my password. And of course since I can't get the code from the WinauthApp I can't go in and get rid of it and switch to the simpler version of just sending a code to my cell phone via SMS. Gaile, how long should this take? It seems pretty simple to address. I'm hoping it's not a multiple day event for a new modem issue.

Situation was resolved fairly quick. About 4 hours. Thanks, ANeT.

Henge of Denravi Commander
    CA/CH/HOD/AIR

• @Aerick Blackmoore.8167 said:
    Support ticket #6904111, openend on Monday, updated on Thursday, no reply yet, did receive email that ticket had been received. Assuming 5 work days with weekends off it'll take more than a week to reply to a simple issue.

@Gaile Gray.6029 any help would be appreciated.

8 days and counting, I know my ticket isn't as important as a hacked account modem issues, etc. but any further resolve would be appreciated.

• I put a ticket 11 days ago, and no response for a simple reset pasword for the GW1 account. #6901678 it's the number of the ticket. I updated it with new information 6 days ago. Can someone help me? I can't enter in the account with the email or pass of the gw2 account or gw1 account and both are linked

• Greaka.6905Greaka.6905 Member ✭✭
    edited May 22, 2018

Hey there,
    I opened a ticket on the 13th of May and have still no answer. I know sometimes it takes a while to get an answer but since your normal response times are half a week in worst case, I begin to wonder if my ticket was missed or something. So does anyone have an ETA on when I can hope for an answer?

Also: When I wanted to open the ticket, I could not log into my account. Whenever I was on the support page, it told me to log in (with a link). So i click the link, enter my credentials and land on the account page. I then click again on support and the support page tells me that I am not logged in. So I had to create my ticket without being logged in. Chrome v66, no script blockers etc. Just the plain browser.

• I have requested a Credit Card removal from my account, 7 days ago and 6 days since activity which. I asked for an update earlier today, but no answer yet. My credit card hasnt been removed from my account either.
    ID: #6905022

• Arenanet closed my newest ticket with no response or solution. Absolutly unbelievable!

• edited May 22, 2018

@futte.8459 said:
    I have requested a Credit Card removal from my account, 7 days ago and 6 days since activity which. I asked for an update earlier today, but no answer yet. My credit card hasnt been removed from my account either.
    ID: #6905022

I'm sure this will be handled soon, but a word of advice: For anything having to do with credit cards, or purchases, or billing -- always use the Form called "Purchase Issue" to get the right eyes on the ticket. We want to be sure that agents especially trained in handling in these matters get those tickets in their queues.

@Flaster.5709 said:
    Arenanet closed my newest ticket with no response or solution. Absolutly unbelievable!

The new ticket was closed **because you submitted a duplicate ticket* and for no other reason. The other one -- 6901678 -- still is open and will be resolved. Any information you provided in your new tickets was copied into the first ticket. But I'm sure you can realize how time-consuming this is, when people submit new tickets, put in tickets using "trash e-mail accounts" and take any number of steps to try to move up in the queue.

I don't blame you or anyone for wanting help, and for hoping to get it more quickly. But please follow the proper steps and do not submit new tickets on the same issue, because that slows the process for every single player needing help.

Gaile Gray
    Communications Manager: ArenaNet
    Fansite & Guild Relations; In-Game Events; Community Showcase Live

• Blocki.4931Blocki.4931 Member ✭✭✭✭

@CloudRain.2381 said:

@Blocki.4931 said:

@hailtonothing.5283 said:

@Gaile Gray.6029 said:
    Tickets definitely do not take a week to answer, as a general rule. Have you updated the ticket you submitted and asked for an update? Please don't submit a new ticket, but you certainly can respond to the confirmation ("we received your request") e-mail, if you wish.

@Gaile Gray.6029 11 days here. I've asked for updates three times and have had no response.

11 days and asking for 3 updates.. yeah that's the issue buddy. Do it once after a week. From my experience with supports if you "spam" bumps your tickets automatically gets lowered in priority as if it's treated like a new request entirely. Now that is not exactly how the support in GW2 will work, but all you can do is be patient about it. Don't bump too much, your request can't be lost.

As long as he is updating the SAME ticket, it will not cause any issues. So do not tell people that please. He can ask for updates on the same ticket if he likes, but the thing is they only see that ticket when they see it and it could cause issues on your side of checking it unless you remember the time/day you updated it.

Late response but I said not to create a new ticket, updating one is obviously okay as long as you don't spam it

Bite me.

• ok last week i placed a ticket . I am trying to get my wife's account back i used this account to do the ticket . so here the thing when yahoo mail got messed up my account was one that got hacked my wife's account was hooked to it so everything was ok till i changed from comcast to Att internet it changed my ip so i cant get into the email account to get the code for it to let her logon the game . 1 . ive gave you the main played 2. gave pof code key 3. gave a email addy to reach me so please help we have played gw1 over 10 yrs and gw2 since beta

• Blocki.4931Blocki.4931 Member ✭✭✭✭

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/39093/ticket-response-times#latest

They have a ton of messages and are just now starting to catch up to it (more staff on it as well now)

Usual response times went from 3-7 days to around 11 I believe was said somewhere.

Bite me.

• Olympeus.3846Olympeus.3846 Member ✭✭

I think I put my ticked in about a 7 days ago? Still no response. From what I've read on the forums the average is 14+ days

• Linken.6345Linken.6345 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Gaile Gray.6029 said:
    Hello,

Tickets definitely are taking longer to resolve, and we're very sorry for those delays. We have brought on new agents and are working on training them, checking in with existing agents to see if they need extra instruction, and are diligently working to improve turn-around times. I fully understand (and agree) that waiting a significant number of days for a response is a source of frustration and irritation. We'll continue to do the best we can to improve our turn-around time while also taking every prudent step to ensure we protect the security of your account and properly resolve each issue.

Having said that, it breaks my heart to see folks asking me for personal assistance. I wish that I could resolve every single ticket that's outlying. But that's not my role here, and I'm only one person with a plethora of other responsibilities. When you look at the Big Picture(tm), we have dozens of customer support agents, and only one communications manager. I work on things like update notes, emergency messaging (such as today's disabling of crafting to protect players from destroying their glyphs!), formal public messaging, forum moderation team management, internal communications, and a whole lot more, both visible and behind the scenes. So as much as I'd like to help you -- each and every one of you -- I just can't. I take the occasional look, more of a "fact check" on ticket or a few tickets, so that I can discuss situations with CS from an informed point of view. (That's how I know we're responding more slowly than normal, and that's why I'm sharing that information with you now.)

Please remember that you should not submit duplicate tickets, and you should not submit tickets from multiple sourcesl Someone recently recommend using "trash e-mail accounts" to send in more tickets and I have to tell you, that's really bad mojo! Or is that bad Joko? ;) In any case, you can respond to an existing ticket to provide more information or inquire about the status, but you should stick with "one (ticket) and done" for any situation with which you need help.

Our team will continue to strive to reduce the backlog and answer tickets as quickly as possible, and we appreciate your patience and your assistance in tackling the issues that arise!

But Gaile your our heroine, keep up the good work.

• Lol.......

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.