Sunken Chest Bug [MERGED]

Guest [Deleted User]

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A fix for this bug was the main thing I was looking forward to in this update. Not especially interested in the Living World stuff, don't like mounts, don't do fractals. I have been doing my Krait daily every day on three accounts waiting for this fix. All three accoints are bugged. My wife's three accounts are bugged. Between us we have a lot of keys saved up. Can we please get some precise detail on when this is going to be fixed?

Well, due to the story bugs, I ended up trying the chests instead. It seems to be fixed for me; opened the four locked chests that weren't interactable before, and opened 1 more when the achievement reset. I'll test all 9 remaining chests tomorrow and see if they still work properly.

Chests are working for me now. I was able to start opening the chests on the next Master Diver achievement after finishing it up, without the daily reset. I have over 20 keys to work with, so it seems you can continue to open the chest following the list on the achievement and start over, once you complete that list again.

@Jong.5937 said:Yep, very surprised this bug is still not fixed. can't be THAT tricky??Even checked, in case it was missed off the patch notes, but no. Now got 26 keys waiting to be used.

I'm sympathetic, and I know the question was kind of rhetorical, but ... yes, it really can be that tricky. Outwardly simple issues can have annoyingly deep causes in software, and worse, resolving them can be challenging without breaking something else entirely -- especially when your code covers a decade or so of regrettable life choices by past developers.

One clue that a bug is going to be annoying, subtle, and slow to fix is how it triggers. In this case it was triggering unpredictably, part way through an achievement cycle, for only some players. That suggests that the trigger conditions are not simple, and you have to hit some confluence of unfortunate events to kick it off ... and so fixing it is going to require untangling what exactly that is, how it confuses the backend system, and then figuring out how to both untangle it now, and fix it so broken player accounts regain access to the chests.

Plus, since nobody loses out on anything but time (and, well, a bit of profit, but such is life) on this -- key collection still works, and they can be spent when restored -- it has less urgency than if, say, it was a daily event that couldn't be caught up on.

@crossoverAtt.9680 said:

@crossoverAtt.9680 said:The original poster's question was "is this fixed or am I doing something wrong?"
That is the topic

Good thing that question was answered. More than once.

If you want to comment on the quality and frequency of communication, please start a new thread with that as the topic.

Someone did. I commented there. Someone moved that conversation here and cut out most of the context that differentiated that poster's question.

So you felt victim to the "helpful" merging of topics by ArenaNet, completely ignoring context. And then get yelled at by some players who do not know that ArenaNet fucked up the merging of topics. Although in case of some of those players I should say ignore as they should be familiar with this practice of ArenaNet as it happens a lot and they (those players) are very well known with these forums.