[Spoiler] What you-know-who says at the end

Ashantara.8731

@"HazyDaisy.4107" said:I didn't have the NPC text turned on during my first story play through, but did on my second play through, he is defiantly saying Mother.

Well, close enough. :p Just kidding.

As to the meaning of this utterance, I suppose we'll find out over the next year.

That's why I was asking! :) Very, very interesting.

So, the Eternal Alchemy. He could have meant Tyria ("Mother Earth"), of course, to which he returns upon death (dust to dust), which I assume, or we are indeed talking Mother of all Dragons here. :o

P.S. I had no subtitles upon this line. And I finished the story on several characters. :/

@Dragana.1497 said:During the GuildChat last Friday they said something about 'mother' being important and that we would find out more about it. Can't remember their exact wording, but it definitely meant something.

I believe we are going to learn about the Elder Dragon's origin. I don't think it's a mother in the common sense of the word. But who knows what secrets Tyria harbors?

He had at least 1 child and at least 2 grandchildren. I don't think it's a big stretch to think he had a mother as well and that, just like with Glint and Aurene, it was fairly close to the conventional meaning - a female dragon who laid an egg which hatched into Kralk, rather than some esoteric concept of the origin of all dragons.

However that still leaves a huge number of unanswered questions about the biology and origins of the elder dragons. I hope one day we do get to find out more about where they come from and how we got to the point where there's just 6 gigantic dragons in this cycle of consuming all the magic and then hibernating.

I think it needs to be a mother of more elder dragons than just him, or else it won’t really be relevant. Unless we get another map on the brand somewhere for a cleanup and killing branded episode (which we should get), and we learn the information for no reason other than to just know.

@"Fenom.9457" said:I think it needs to be a mother of more elder dragons than just him, or else it won’t really be relevant. Unless we get another map on the brand somewhere for a cleanup and killing branded episode (which we should get), and we learn the information for no reason other than to just know.

As I stated earlier, either a mother in the true sense of the term, or it refers to "Mother Earth", i. e. Tyria.

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@"Fenom.9457" said:I think it needs to be a mother of more elder dragons than just him, or else it won’t really be relevant. Unless we get another map on the brand somewhere for a cleanup and killing branded episode (which we should get), and we learn the information for no reason other than to just know.

As I stated earlier, either a mother in the true sense of the term, or it refers to "Mother Earth", i. e. Tyria.

They could always get crazier, some sort of Elder Scrolls-ish lore with the Dragons as corrupted Aedra and Tyria as Lorkhan. Of course, lots of cultures had "gods create the world from remains of defeated proto-god", it's just usually not a very literal thing in a fantasy setting, except maybe in a throwaway setting like a Final Fantasy. They could even play two parallel stories -- the Six and Balthazar's father, versus the six dragons and Thyria, for different takes on the same theme.

Anyway, Aurene's energy sort of resembles ley energy, maybe? Could indicate that ley energy is balanced magic, and she can restore that -- but, if we're going with the crazy plot, ley-lines could effectively be veins of a sleeping super-dragon or something (kinda shades of GotG2?). If they do go that route, we'd probably have to prevent Aurene from following whatever path drove the Elder Dragons to turn on their creator (which, given the attempts to humanize them in LS4:6 and elsewhere, could have well been justified).

@perilisk.1874 said:

They could always get crazier, some sort of Elder Scrolls-ish lore with the Dragons as corrupted Aedra and Tyria as Lorkhan. Of course, lots of cultures had "gods create the world from remains of defeated proto-god", it's just usually not a very literal thing in a fantasy setting, except maybe in a throwaway setting like a Final Fantasy. They could even play two parallel stories -- the Six and Balthazar's father, versus the six dragons and Thyria, for different takes on the same theme.

Anyway, Aurene's energy sort of resembles ley energy, maybe? Could indicate that ley energy is balanced magic, and she can restore that -- but, if we're going with the crazy plot, ley-lines could effectively be veins of a sleeping super-dragon or something (kinda shades of GotG2?). If they do go that route, we'd probably have to prevent Aurene from following whatever path drove the Elder Dragons to turn on their creator (which, given the attempts to humanize them in LS4:6 and elsewhere, could have well been justified).

Thyria?

TaeraheaThaerahiaTiereehaeuy

@"perilisk.1874" said:They could always get crazier, some sort of Elder Scrolls-ish lore with the Dragons as corrupted Aedra and Tyria as Lorkhan. Of course, lots of cultures had "gods create the world from remains of defeated proto-god", it's just usually not a very literal thing in a fantasy setting, except maybe in a throwaway setting like a Final Fantasy. They could even play two parallel stories -- the Six and Balthazar's father, versus the six dragons and Thyria, for different takes on the same theme.

Very interesting thoughts! :+1:

@Fenom.9457 said:TaeraheaThaerahiaTiereehaeuy

You're not expecting me to look those up at 6 a.m., are you? ;)

@Danikat.8537 said:He had at least 1 child and at least 2 grandchildren. I don't think it's a big stretch to think he had a mother as well and that, just like with Glint and Aurene, it was fairly close to the conventional meaning - a female dragon who laid an egg which hatched into Kralk, rather than some esoteric concept of the origin of all dragons.

However that still leaves a huge number of unanswered questions about the biology and origins of the elder dragons. I hope one day we do get to find out more about where they come from and how we got to the point where there's just 6 gigantic dragons in this cycle of consuming all the magic and then hibernating.

Well at least one thing we know pretty certainly is how the Elder Dragons are very different from each other. Kralkatorrik is so far the only Elder Dragon we know of that goes with the egglaying concept; Mordremoth probably came from a seed, and Zhaitan probably came from a mass of flesh. This seems to explain why Kralkatorrik is the only Elder Dragon so far with children...

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@Dragana.1497 said:During the GuildChat last Friday they said something about 'mother' being important and that we would find out more about it. Can't remember their exact wording, but it definitely meant something.

I believe we are going to learn about the Elder Dragon's origin. I don't think it's a mother in the common sense of the word. But who knows what secrets Tyria harbors?

gonna disappoint you on that but anet also mentioned in the same guildchat that they don't have an origin for the EDs