Should our next specialization be support, condition, or power themed?

Opopanax.1803

Shout Warrior, maybe something along the lines of chants or shouts from GW1 to spice things up (https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Chant).

If we should ever see another elite specialization, there might be more classes needed which provide alacrity, quickness and other support boons. Given how straitforward mantras and renegade skills are, why not make the support warrior one of those roles?

To not make it more interesting (and not to overpowered), give warrior access to all the boons (already has access to fury and might), but design the class and system in such a way that he can only uphold 2 boons permanantly with sufficient boon duration (and maybe more than 2 boons not permanently).

Warrior would thus step into the shoes of alacrigrade, quickbrand, chrono or druid but would have to switch between either quickness and fury (replacing fb), alacrity and might (alacrigrade), might and fury (druid) or quickness and alacrity (chrono). Might need some heavy limitations but could be adapted as needed.

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:I actually want viable long range DPS with dual pistols, but there is nothing keeping the associated utilities from being support focused.

I can already envision the pistol burst skill;-skill name: Don't worry it isn't loaded (alternative name: the roulette).-skill description: put your gun to your head and pull the trigger in order to inspire nearby allies; 50% chance to shoot yourself in the head for critical damage.-skill effect: grant yourself and nearby allies x sec (scaling with adrenaline level) of fury, might, quickness, and unblockable attacks; or deal x damage (with 2.0, 2.5, and 3.0 power scaling depending on adrenaline, always crit) to yourself and inflict nearby foes with 10 stacks of confusion and 1 sec of fear.

@foste.3098 said:

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:I actually want viable long range DPS with dual pistols, but there is nothing keeping the associated utilities from being support focused.

I can already envision the pistol burst skill;-skill name: Don't worry it isn't loaded (alternative name: the roulette).-skill description: put your gun to your head and pull the trigger in order to inspire nearby allies; 50% chance to shoot yourself in the head for critical damage.-skill effect: grant yourself and nearby allies x sec (scaling with adrenaline level) of fury, might, quickness, and unblockable attacks; or deal x damage (with 2.0, 2.5, and 3.0 power scaling depending on adrenaline, always crit) to
yourself
and inflict nearby foes with 10 stacks of confusion and 1 sec of fear.

LMFAO with how Anet does things you may be right!

@foste.3098 said:

I can already envision the pistol burst skill;-skill name: Don't worry it isn't loaded (alternative name: the roulette).-skill description: put your gun to your head and pull the trigger in order to inspire nearby allies; 50% chance to shoot yourself in the head for critical damage.-skill effect: grant yourself and nearby allies x sec (scaling with adrenaline level) of fury, might, quickness, and unblockable attacks; or deal x damage (with 2.0, 2.5, and 3.0 power scaling depending on adrenaline, always crit) to
yourself
and inflict nearby foes with 10 stacks of confusion and 1 sec of fear.

I like the confusion and fear on the enemies, fits perfectly

my idea for a support war would be auras ( iirc: would use the same mechanic that chaos chosen warriors had in warhammer age of reckoning). the aura will not replace the burst skill instead add 3 auras above the adrenaline bar. all auras will give out constant boons depending on the aura that is active. all boons that an aura gives will be will be 5 second. can only have one aura active at a time, each aura will have a 10 second cd(not a global cd). the burst skill could be a super aura giving out 10 second of every boon.example auras (auras affect up to 5 allies)aura 1: will provide 5 second of regen and vigor to all allies in 600 rangeaura2: will provide 5 second of protection and swiftness to all allies in 600 rangeaura3: will provide 5 seconds of alacrity and resistance to all allies in 600 range(burst/20 second cd) super aura:
1st stage: provide every boon for 2 seconds to all allies in 600 range2nd stage: provide every boon for 5 seconds to all allies in 600 range3rd stage: provide every boon for 10 seconds to all allies in 600 range

• the boon have to fully fade away and have an icd of 5 seconds to apply another set of boons.

example traitstrait 1: increase the range of aura to 1000 rangetrait 2: auras will last an additional 5 seconds after switching to another aura ( so the old aura can provide one last set of boons before fading)trait 3: auras are more powerful giving your boons an additional 3 secondstrait 4: decrease the cd of super aura to 10 cdtrait 5: super aura will consume less adrenaline

for weapons i think the war should be able to dual wield pistols and the pistols should be a hybrid of damage and crowd control with all abilities have 600 rangemh ability 1: basic auto attackability 2: rapidly fire at your enemy 6 times dealing moderate amount of damage 10 sec cdability 3: shoot your enemy in the head dealing massive damage 30 sec cd

oh ability 1: shoot your enemy in the knee causing them to be knocked down for 3 seconds, 15 sec cdability 2: fire a bola immobilising your enemy for 5 seconds, 15 sec cd

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

@Sykper.6583 said:Support hand's down.Something as simple as aura granting, or something unique with our Burst Skills maybe?

More boons and boon sharing would be nice. I'd like more access to protection, resistance, and retaliation through a trait line with the ability to share them somehow.

Perhaps Warrior support revolve around damage reflection with improved retaliation.

@Ultramex.1506 said:

@Sykper.6583 said:Support hand's down.Something as simple as aura granting, or something unique with our Burst Skills maybe?

More boons and boon sharing would be nice. I'd like more access to protection, resistance, and retaliation through a trait line with the ability to share them somehow.

Perhaps Warrior support revolve around damage reflection with improved retaliation.

That would be nice. Something like Retaliation you gain is (50%-100%) more effective? Gain Retaliation when you use espec based utility skill.Another trait could be: When you gain Retaliation, also gain Protection (2s).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Give us main-hand and off-hand focuses, and we just focus chi into our fists and punch and kick people whilst healing and giving barriers to our allies. Weapon could totally be bandage wraps or beads, then you could make the armour that goes with the e-spec be a pair of boots that match the weapon to some fashion. Who needs staff for a monk e-spec when we got perfectly good mitts and feet to use.

@Opopanax.1803 I'm down with that. Can I get me 4some Arias and Echos to go along with that?

Warrior Spear bar:AA1 Barbed Spear: Bleed foe for 5s. Power scaling of 0.5. 1/4 castAA2 Crippling Spear: Cripple Foe for 5s. Scaling of 0.6. 1/4 s castAA3 Poisoned Spear: Poison foe for 4s. scaling of 0.7. 1/2s castSpear 2: Blazing Spear: Burn foe for 6s. 2 stacks. scaling of 1.0. 6s CD 1/4s castSpear 3: Stunning Strike: Stun foe for 2s. 12s CD 1/4s cast. scaling of 1.0, damage is doubled if foe is blinded.Spear 4: Smoke Spear: AoE, blinds 2s, 360 radius, 5 targets, scaling of 1.0. 1/2s cast 18s CD. leaves a smoke field that pulses blind for 2s every second for 4 seconds.Spear 5: Explosive Tip. AoE, scaling of 2.0, applies 2 stacks of burn for 4s, Blast Finisher, 24s CD. 1/2s cast.

Arias would be utilities and echos from traits. They would do healing, boon application, condi removal, and condi application.

Aria of Healing: Heal yourself and nearby allies for 5000 (+1.5*Healing Power). no cast time. 30CD.Aria of Fury: Grant yourself and allies Fury (10s) and Might(10 stacks 10s) 20cd. no cast time.Aria of Defense: Grant Protection and Vigor (10s) to yourself and allies. 30s cd. no cast time.Aria of Speed: Grant swiftness (10s) and Quickess (5s) to yourself and allies 20s cd. no cast time.Aria of Cleansing: Remove all conditions from yourself and allies, 30 cd no cast time.Aria of Burning: you and you allies apply 4 stacks of burning for 4s on your next attack.

Traits would count arias and echos as shouts. Echos would be traits that apply effects after shouts, like lose another condition, apply more burning, gain more might, apply slow to foes, gain alacrity.

Not sure what the altered mechanic would be though.