Long term plan with Ascended gear? [Armory]

tim.4596

As of right now salvaging ascended gear is really not worth it. You're barely getting anything for it. But with Armory is there really another alternative? other than hoarding our characters with ascended gear?
As more and more player progress in the game, everyone will at some point have a couple of legendary items (weapon/armor/trinkets) and armor pieces will be rendered useless.
In the long term it would be great if some kind of system was added. or if salvaging ascended items could be made more rewarding? I guess it could lower the current market price of some items, by too much but with Gen 3 coming soon. I doubt that it will be an issue.

Or it could be exchange for mystic coins 😄? current price being waaaaaay too high!

Am I the only one having issues with what to do with my ascended gear or?

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

3 hours ago, tim.4596 said:

As more and more player progress in the game, everyone will at some point have a couple of legendary items (weapon/armor/trinkets) and armor pieces will be rendered useless.

This statement is incredibly out of touch.  You are working off an extremely flawed premise and probably should interact with the community more.

But yes, ascended armor should probably salvage into something more interesting. I expect it in the expansion.

Regardless, this is a 1st world problem of 1st world problems, and we just have to recognize that.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, ArchonWing.9480 said:

This statement is incredibly out of touch.  You are working off an extremely flawed premise and probably should interact with the community more.

But yes, ascended armor should probably salvage into something more interesting. I expect it in the expansion.

Regardless, this is a 1st world problem of 1st world problems, and we just have to recognize that.

just like legendary armory but guess what happened....

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, sorudo.9054 said:

just like legendary armory but guess what happened....

Just like legendary armory what...? Being a 1st world problem? Legendary gear was barely worth it before the armory, because you might as well just keep tossing ascended gear between the characters without investing nearly as much time/effort/currency.

If anyone has enough legendary items to consider ascended pretty much useless/junk, the chances are they/we're already well at the upper part of the playerbase considering in-game wealth. At this point it's just asking to make the richest richer -especially with people trying to pull out some solid gold stacks out of the pretty frequently dropping ascended gear chests, which they're not even specifically/primarily farming for (and neither am I). Armory increased the value of legendary gear, we already have that increased value, so suddenly increasing value of ascended gear (specifically for people that don't have a need to use them anymore) is asking to double dip. I don't exactly see a good reason for that.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, ArchonWing.9480 said:

that "first world problem" argument is utter BS. So nothing ever should be improved in the west? "But children are starving in Africa!" - so we are not going to change things in games? Yeah, right...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4

36 minutes ago, Algreg.3629 said:

that "first world problem" argument is utter BS. So nothing ever should be improved in the west? "But children are starving in Africa!" - so we are not going to change things in games? Yeah, right...

Wow, that's so incredibly profound in the 5s it took you to think that. 🙂 Although not really sure how you inferred whatever you did. Nowhere in the post did I advocate for doing nothing but rather that the premise that everyone will find ascended/exotic useless is not in line with reality.

Also, you see, I do care a bit more about starving children in Africa  than say, Elon Musk wanting to go into space.

Edited by ArchonWing.9480
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, tim.4596 said:

As of right now salvaging ascended gear is really not worth it. You're barely getting anything for it. But with Armory is there really another alternative? other than hoarding our characters with ascended gear?
In the long term it would be great if some kind of system was added. or if salvaging ascended items could be made more rewarding? I guess it could lower the current market price of some items, by too much but with Gen 3 coming soon. I doubt that it will be an issue.

Or it could be exchange for mystic coins 😄? current price being waaaaaay too high!

Probably would go on the wiki and see how many materials you need from salvaging ascended to make those 'couple' legendary items.  

I don't see ascended salvaging ever becoming useless unless they drastically change the material requirements for legendary gear.  

6 hours ago, tim.4596 said:

I think you'll find that most players do not even have ascended gear, let alone legendary gear. What I mean with that is that you are probably part of a fairly small part of the player base that has this problem.

Me, for example, I've got 9 characters in full ascended gear. I do have some legendary weapons and I'm going for Aurora atm, but that's it. So for me ascended gear is definitely still a thing. I doubt I'll ever get legendary armor sets. I'll probably go for some gen3 weapons but the thing is that weapons can be used by anyone. Armor sets you need to get 3 versions of it.

I suspect that the people who have all 3 sets of armor, all the trinkets they need and all the weapons they need are very few in number. So what I'm saying is that most people don't have this issue because they don't have ascended gear and people like myself that do have ascended gear and just a few legendary's still don't want to salvage a whole lot of their ascended gear. I think I salvaged 5 ascended weapons because of the armory and the rest I want to keep.

• Thanks 1

I have a few about 2 sets of full kitten gear and weapons but 1 legendary weapon, but I would love to have something like the legendary armoury for kitten gear. I don't have the time or the gold to get legendary armour. Took me 2 years to get my first legendary weapon. I just don't want to fill up all my bank slots with kitten gear.

• Confused 1

I made a burner Character named "My Ascended Armory". I purchased 20 slot bags and stored most of my rings and armor. It still wasn't enough... It seems like people either have little or a ton of this stuff. I may break down and salvage the rings I used to use but I find it hard to delete them so much work went into getting some of it.

• Confused 1