Best sinks for Mithril and Elder wood?

I'm up to my kitten in those two materials, i even made a guild bank just for storing them and they keep piling up.

Is there anything useful i can do with them besides daily crafting (which is nowhere near enough to offset how much i gain - i even started to avoid the nodes but they still keep piling up more than i can use them)?

Or do i just sell them? I have like, probably 5000 of each Mithril ingots and Elder wood logs...

Do i convert them to Orichalcum/Ancient wood?

I need some bank space, can someone suggest what to do with the materials?

If you ever want a Gen 2 legendary, then you should save all that wood and mithril for that. And here's the thing- you don't even have close to enough to build it. You need a ridiculous amount of those materials- I liken it to strip mining the Amazon. Start getting your mystic curios now. Or build them for others and sell them on the TP.

I convert my elder wood logs to planks and mithril ore to ingots for additional storage space. After that, crafting Deldrimor Steel Ingots, Xunlai Ingots or other time gated crafting items is a sure fire way to use up those materials and get a profit.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

You need the Mystic Curios for ALL the 2nd gen Legendary weapons, so if you plan to craft one of those you will need them, no matter the individual weapon you will craft. You will need 190 Curios (20 Ingots + 10 Planks) and later turn those in to the legendary Shards for the weapon you have chosen (15 Ingots + 10 Planks).

That will soak up a lot of your inventory problems. Of course you can sell them on the TP to fund the more "rare materials" you will need for other projects, like expensive collections from IBS etc.

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Fueki.4753 said:

I'm using all my Mithril and Elder Wood to craft Shards of the Dark Arts for The Binding of Ipos.

So I guess, legendaries are the best "sink" for those materials.

Interesting, thanks for the suggestion. I kinda don't realy want a legendary weapon, but maybe someday i will and at that time, it might be useful to have some Mystic Curios saved up.

23 minutes ago, Khisanth.2948 said:

Shards are account bound so I wouldn't count that as good however the Mystic Curios look decent https://gw2efficiency.com/crafting/calculator/a~0!b~1!c~0!d~1-79410

Thank you! This looks like a good sink. I can either use them myself down the line or sell later if i don't want a legendary.

5 minutes ago, QuirkyDM.2351 said:

If you ever want a Gen 2 legendary, then you should save all that wood and mithril for that. And here's the thing- you don't even have close to enough to build it. You need a ridiculous amount of those materials- I liken it to strip mining the Amazon. Start getting your mystic curios now. Or build them for others and sell them on the TP.

Yeah, i saw on gw2efficiency that it requires an insane amount of mithril and wood but i didn't bother to check which component needs it. Now i know. 😄 It's the Mystic Curio. It might be a good idea to start stockpiling them, if i want a legendary down the line, i can have them ready, and if not, i can sell them.

5 minutes ago, QuirkyDM.2351 said:

I convert my elder wood logs to planks and mithril ore to ingots for additional storage space. After that, crafting Deldrimor Steel Ingots, Xunlai Ingots or other time gated crafting items is a sure fire way to use up those materials and get a profit.

Xunlai ingots aren't timegated themselves, but do require a time gated ingredient so yeah... I have a bunch of those though, i crafted all the required Xunlai ingots for Aurora in one go. I do the daily crafting so it piled up. Now i used up some of my mithrilium for Gourmet Training of my Revenant and like, i'm actually happy i get to spend more mithril on crafting more lol. 😅

5 minutes ago, Gorani.7205 said:

You need the Mystic Curios for ALL the 2nd gen Legendary weapons, so if you plan to craft one of those you will need them, no matter the individual weapon you will craft. You will need 190 Curios (20 Ingots + 10 Planks) and later turn those in to the legendary Shards for the weapon you have chosen (15 Ingots + 10 Planks).

That will soak up a lot of your inventory problems. Of course you can sell them on the TP to fund the more "rare materials" you will need for other projects, like expensive collections from IBS etc.

Yes, that does seem like a great sink!

What's even better is, Mystic Curios are not account bound so i can just sell them later if i don't want a legendary.

I'm working on my armor and Vision first. Still got WvW gloves to complete my armor, already done Aurora, and i'm sllloooowwwwlllyyy working on Vision when i can be bothered. After the gloves are done, i'll start saving up for Warbringer backpack, then Conflux, and maaaaybe then i'll do a weapon or two.

I did Frostfang in the past, but only to sell it lol, got a nice sum out of it, even when buying the precursor!

But gen2 do look nice (some of them), so maybe i'll do a gen2 after the armor and the trinkets, so it'll be handy to have mystic curios saved up then. And til then, it's a nice sink with the added bonus of it being tradeable.

Thank you for the suggestions! I never thought of Mystic curios, i'll definitely start doing them now. 👍

7 minutes ago, Veprovina.4876 said:

Mystic Curios are a currency for something at the festival too?

No the wood and mithril can be traded to the vendors during the festival.

Also when making Mystic Curios be careful about which recipe you are making since they can use any of the t5 fine materials and those aren't necessarily the same value.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Khisanth.2948 said:

No the wood and mithril can be traded to the vendors during the festival.

Also when making Mystic Curios be careful about which recipe you are making since they can use any of the t5 fine materials and those aren't necessarily the same value.

Ah, i see. The festival is soon right? I'll check what's available, thanks!

And yes, i saw the T5 requirements. It's a good thing they got the TP prices of each, i can just sort them and buy the cheapest ones. 🙂

12 minutes ago, Veprovina.4876 said:

Ah, i see. The festival is soon right? I'll check what's available, thanks!

And yes, i saw the T5 requirements. It's a good thing they got the TP prices of each, i can just sort them and buy the cheapest ones. 🙂

But keep in mind, the festival-vendors require the un-refined materials.

Edited by HnRkLnXqZ.1870
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, HnRkLnXqZ.1870 said:

Ah, damnit, i don't have a lot of those because i only have 750 material storage and i craft all of it into ingots when i fill up my storage to 750. 🤦‍♂️

I don't suppose there's a way to un-refine ingots into ore is there? 🤣

I'm afraid, that is not the case. No demote recipe for those materials, at least not in the wiki. 

A good sink for tons of various materials is building a guildhall. But as you've got the guild-bank only to store the mats, I guess you are not up for that. xD

Edited by HnRkLnXqZ.1870
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, HnRkLnXqZ.1870 said:

I'm afraid, that is not the case. No demote recipe for those materials, at least not in the wiki. 

A good sink for tons of various materials is building a guildhall. But as you've got the guild-bank only to store the mats, I guess you are not up for that. xD

Well, i'll use what i gather in ore form til then. 🙂 I'll save some up by not crafting ingots and logs.

I have a guild bank for myself yes, but i can't do most of the guild missions by myself so i can't really upgrade the guild. It's my stash guild that i made just so i can get more bank space, and i'm the only one in it (it's not a real guild so i wan't invite anyone either).

That prevents me from making any kidn of meaningful upgrades.

Well, that, and the insane amount of other materials. The system is meant for multiple people to donate after all.

I may get the guild hall, but again, only for bank space haahha.

• Like 1

There's really nothing worth hoarding them for; I personally ignore most mithril nodes myself, or just sell what I get from salvaging. In the event you do want to craft a legendary, it's so cheap that you can just buy it back and there's no real point to have it clog up space. Usually mithril gets a boost in price when living story or new items get released but that really depends on what it takes to make.

I used to sink them into https://www.gw2bltc.com/en/item/9440-Hardened-Sharpening-Stone

as a cheap alternative to the level 80 stones, but I just use level 80s now as they really aren't that expensive.

You can also make a profit by selling 18 slot boxes: https://www.gw2bltc.com/en/item/9588-18-Slot-Equipment-Box

but this isn't a practical sink as you can't stack them and they'd take up a ton of space, and they don't sell particularly fast.

Edited by ArchonWing.9480
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Cuks.8241 said:

A side note. Mystic curios are a great way to lvl up your secondary crafting professions to 500.

Once i'm done with Cooking, i'll have all the crafting professions mastered. 🙂

And i don't plan on leveling them on multiple characters. 😛

14 hours ago, ArchonWing.9480 said:

There's really nothing worth hoarding them for; I personally ignore most mithril nodes myself, or just sell what I get from salvaging. In the event you do want to craft a legendary, it's so cheap that you can just buy it back and there's no real point to have it clog up space. Usually mithril gets a boost in price when living story or new items get released but that really depends on what it takes to make.

I used to sink them into https://www.gw2bltc.com/en/item/9440-Hardened-Sharpening-Stone

as a cheap alternative to the level 80 stones, but I just use level 80s now as they really aren't that expensive.

You can also make a profit by selling 18 slot boxes: https://www.gw2bltc.com/en/item/9588-18-Slot-Equipment-Box

but this isn't a practical sink as you can't stack them and they'd take up a ton of space, and they don't sell particularly fast.

Neat, didn't even think about equipment boxes. Thanks!

And i don't mine Mitril nodes, it just kind of "appears" from stuff...

I get tons from salvaging, synthing in WvW and guild nodes, in lots of random WvW boxes from reward tracks, mithril's everywhere lol. It's kind of hard NOT to get mithril from something. 😄