stealth

noiwk.2760

14 hours ago, jdawgie.1835 said:

Its not biased. Actually. Or even close lol.

Thief has:

Hide in shadows (healing)

Shadow Refuge (If you trait for it. Most good thieves will not take this they will use roll for initiative instead)

Smoke Bomb (Almost always taken)

Shadow Step (Always taken)

That's three outside of infiltrators arrows which utilizes initiative. 

Thief is has regulations on this with the implementation of reveal. (Any condi damage etc will not allow stealth to take place)

Mesmer:

Has port and Stealth's alongside clones (Directly competing with stealth and shadow step with the assistance of clones to make it more confusing)

Necro

has shroud and

worm (Function likes Shadow Step) 

along with Fear CC

Warrior 

Full Counter

Greatsword 3

Greatsword 5

Shield 5

Bull Charge

Dagger 2

Dagger F1

A warrior can run around the entire map mitigating damage and kiting. 

Elementalist

Also has teleport 

stone Skin

Water attunement for healing while increasing kiting and mobility on the map.

I could continue to go on but I just gave you four classes with three abilities each that either match or exceed thief. Your statement respectfully is incorrect. On top of all of this - Thief once nailed down will die right away. This is not anywhere close to true for the other classes I listed. Being able to move around with skill and choice is one of the core mechanics of thief. Same as Mesmer is designed specifically to confuse you. Even it were true, its supposed to be this way. Its what the thief has to offer a team. 

Don't know why you're counting only utilities on thief and weapon skills and utilities on other professions.

P5+d2, dash on thief.

A thief will only die if he overcommits. That "will die once nailed down" applies to every profession on game, heck it's even easier to nail down other professions than one that's immune to soft cc.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

15 hours ago, jdawgie.1835 said:

Thief has:

Shadow Refuge (If you trait for it. Most good thieves will not take this they will use roll for initiative instead)

Thief is has regulations on this with the implementation of reveal. (Any condi damage etc will not allow stealth to take place)

Mesmer:

Has port and Stealth's alongside clones (Directly competing with stealth and shadow step with the assistance of clones to make it more confusing)

Necro

has shroud and

along with Fear CC

Warrior 

Full Counter

Greatsword 3

Greatsword 5

Shield 5

Bull Charge

Dagger 2

Dagger F1

Elementalist

Also has teleport 

stone Skin

I could continue to go on but I just gave you four classes with three abilities each that either match or exceed thief. Your statement respectfully is incorrect. On top of all of this - Thief once nailed down will die right away. This is not anywhere close to true for the other classes I listed. Being able to move around with skill and choice is one of the core mechanics of thief. Same as Mesmer is designed specifically to confuse you. Even it were true, its supposed to be this way. Its what the thief has to offer a team. 

Thief removes Imob with dodge and gets swiftness, and has 3 dodges, if you can't escape on Thief you can't escape in general

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, jdawgie.1835 said:

Thief has:

Mesmer:

Necro

has shroud and

along with Fear CC

Warrior 

Full Counter

Greatsword 3

Greatsword 5

Shield 5

Bull Charge

Dagger 2

Dagger F1

Elementalist

Also has teleport 

stone Skin

Thief removes Imob with dodge and gets swiftness, and has 3 dodges, if you can't escape on Thief you can't escape in general

1 hour ago, Avatar.3568 said:

You mean Daredevil? You do know that core thief has none of that (still got IA heavily nerfed because... reasons? I seriously want to see WHERE and HOW core thief touched devs so badly that they intoduced that nerf) and neither DE?

Edited by Cynz.9437
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, shrew.3059 said:

Someone got bad-touched by a Thief in low ranked PvP or was caught alone in WvW. Either they were killed and it was frustrating, or they tried to fight back and the Thief ran away (apparently also frustrating).

Well of course the thief always running away must be frustrating to him cuz his missing out on a free bag otherwise given his main is thee most broken op class in the game as well as the most spammed in pvp.......necro of course.

2 hours ago, Cynz.9437 said:

You mean Daredevil? You do know that core thief has none of that (still got IA heavily nerfed because... reasons? I seriously want to see WHERE and HOW core thief touched devs so badly that they intoduced that nerf) and neither DE?

Also his analysis only applies in a world where thief doesn't use dodges during a engagement to avoid damage, thus allowing it to always have 3 dodges to aid in its escape.

On 8/29/2021 at 7:19 PM, noiwk.2760 said:

can you please delete stealth along with thief from the game? daredevil is just kinda kitten and stupid..  its not even fun anymore to fight someone who use stealth every 2 seconds ..  rework stealth put some real cooldown on it !  its soooooooo annoying that thieves just stealth every few seconds and jump on you agian and then stealth again and again and agian even when they dont have to they stealth because they can..   get rid of it !

If and when there would ever be a mmo that has pvp without stealth i would be there in an instant. I hate stealth especially in a style most mmo's do it where there is almost zero drawbacks for it.

5 minutes ago, Scolix.4879 said:

If and when there would ever be a mmo that has pvp without stealth i would be there in an instant. I hate stealth especially in a style most mmo's do it where there is almost zero drawbacks for it.

yes! and ive never ever seen a game that allow stealth like in gw2 !   all games has some drawback to stealth and long cooldown.. 
either you are only invis out of certian radius ..  or people can slightly see you but cant target you..  or you cant use skills on stealth even mobility will break stelath...  or lots of other drawbacks..   but only GW2 not only it has 0 drawbacks on thief it even give you every thing!  50% movement speed on stealth healing on stealth more damage after stealth and so on...   

thief players spam stealth every 2 seconds and they feel pro .. such a plays.. right.. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

3 minutes ago, noiwk.2760 said:

yes! and ive never ever seen a game that allow stealth like in gw2 !   all games has some drawback to stealth and long cooldown.. 
either you are only invis out of certian radius ..  or people can slightly see you but cant target you..  or you cant use skills on stealth even mobility will break stelath...  or lots of other drawbacks..   but only GW2 not only it has 0 drawbacks on thief it even give you every thing!  50% movement speed on stealth healing on stealth more damage after stealth and so on...   

thief players spam stealth every 2 seconds and they feel pro .. such a plays.. right.. 

Stealth by itself is one of the reasons why i rarely even dip my self in pvp in this game. I do like wvw but in there are so many other things i can do and avoid that hemorrhoid of a gameplay so its never really a problem other than it combined with idiotic amount of teleports.

I am mediocre at best at pvp though so what do i know other than i do hate stealth in every game i have played.

17 minutes ago, Scolix.4879 said:

Stealth by itself is one of the reasons why i rarely even dip my self in pvp in this game. I do like wvw but in there are so many other things i can do and avoid that hemorrhoid of a gameplay so its never really a problem other than it combined with idiotic amount of teleports.

I am mediocre at best at pvp though so what do i know other than i do hate stealth in every game i have played.

i mean .. some people make up alot of bs about get better and deal with stealth when in reality people cry about pvp having such a small community yet they want it to be designed that only top 10% can actually enjoy playing it with all the issues such as stealth in it..    unlike others i think that stealth regardless of OP or not OP and i definitely think its op.. but regardless of that.. i think stealth is bad and unhealthy and reject players from pvp/prevent players from enjoying pvp..   therefor must be reworked.  i know quite a few people who quit pvp and gw2 due to thief and stealth some even used the words  "thief ptsd" 

• Sad 2

6 minutes ago, noiwk.2760 said:

i mean .. some people make up alot of bs about get better and deal with stealth when in reality people cry about pvp having such a small community yet they want it to be designed that only top 10% can actually enjoy playing it with all the issues such as stealth in it..    unlike others i think that stealth regardless of OP or not OP and i definitely think its op.. but regardless of that.. i think stealth is bad and unhealthy and reject players from pvp/prevent players from enjoying pvp..   therefor must be reworked.  i know quite a few people who quit pvp and gw2 due to thief and stealth some even used the words  "thief ptsd" 

If your argument is saying  that  removing stealth or reworking it will bring more players in spvp... Let me tell you that it isn't going to happen. 

Edited by Guirssane.7082
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

35 minutes ago, Guirssane.7082 said:

If your argument is saying  that  removing stealth or reworking it will bring more players in spvp... Let me tell you that it isn't going to happen. 

im saying that reworking stealth will firstly make pvp more fun to play ! at all elows and possible make less players in pvp rage quit on low tiers..     

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Guirssane.7082 said:

I can immediately tell you that lot of people would enjoy pvp a lot more if stealth mechanics was more fair.

In this game especially stealth is idiotic how annoying it is. I could maybe enjoy if it was just stealth but the problem is that on top of stealth the game also has same classes that can access stealth can also access skills and talents that enable them to zoom while stealthed across the map like a ballistic missile.

As someone who isn't even close to top player stuff like stealth and teleports especially together are a real hemorrhoid of a gameplay mechanic in any game. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Scolix.4879 said:

I can immediately tell you that lot of people would enjoy pvp a lot more if stealth mechanics was more fair.

In this game especially stealth is idiotic how annoying it is. I could maybe enjoy if it was just stealth but the problem is that on top of stealth the game also has same classes that can access stealth can also access skills and talents that enable them to zoom while stealthed across the map like a ballistic missile.

As someone who isn't even close to top player stuff like stealth and teleports especially together are a real hemorrhoid of a gameplay mechanic in any game. 

Try to play a thief yourself to understand how they work and you'll see it's not that easy to do well. You'll understand their playstyle and be able to play around stealth.

• Like 2

Try to play a thief yourself to understand how they work and you'll see it's not that easy to do well. You'll understand their playstyle and be able to play around stealth.

No thanks i hate playing one as i am terrible at pvp i do understand it takes skill to do what the class does but it doesn't remove the fact that playing a pvp match where there are even one good thief the match becomes like a complete chore when i get killed before i even see or know what happened.

I did play Thief at launch up to a point when ricochet was removed then i lost interest as the gameplay to me become like a complete chore.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Genesis.5169 said:

I just played on my thief, got out of stealth was immediately killed by a DH and Ranger in seconds i didn't even have time to re stealth and i was off CD every cd was up. You guys really need to play a thief.

you both are missing the point we are not saying not to buff thief sustain in return to rripping out stealth..  we are saying get rid of the abusive stealth rework shadow art into providing different types of sustain other than boosting the busted stealth . 
also both DH and Ranger are strong classes that also abuse stealth through rune of the trapper... why?
why do Burn DH who has massive aoe damage through burning and plenty of blocks need stealth + super speed on trap? why do ranger need stealth from trapper rune?      the subject is stealth and not if thief is op or not..  thief is jsut abusing stealth so he get to shine in this convo...     change stealth remove leap finisher on dagger remove the stealth on dodge from deadeye  and rework shadow art lots of stupid things in shadow art like stealth on healing..   and so on..  but when i say rework shadow art i dont mean nerf shadow art i mean what i say rework it to provide thief a different form of sustain that is not related to stealth 

you are avoiding the main points..  we dont want to.. and its not about if we can beat thief or not.. and if you gonna say thief weak theres no point even talking cause its meta anywhere and its strong..    but the point is.. the stealth spam on the current meta is disgusting and make pvp less fun..     

• Confused 3

On 8/31/2021 at 8:15 PM, Spellhunter.9675 said:

This is biased. No meta or semi-meta build can compete with thief in terms of disengage or re-engage ability.

True. But this takes time for them to do. It is often death by a thousand cuts with d/p daredevils. Also jukes and aoes are helpful too. Or spin in circles auto attacking with a melee weapon XD

11 hours ago, Cynz.9437 said:

They dont know the difference lol. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Genesis.5169 said:

I just played on my thief, got out of stealth was immediately killed by a DH and Ranger in seconds i didn't even have time to re stealth and i was off CD every cd was up. You guys really need to play a thief.

They wont. Im conviced now this forum is 95% actual trolls lol. 

3 hours ago, Guirssane.7082 said:

No thanks i hate playing one as i am terrible at pvp

i do understand it takes skill to do what the class does but it doesn't remove the fact that playing a pvp

Certain classes are desinged for higher cap players. This is true for any pvp in any game. Its the point. Example CS: 1.6 to GO. the M4 is eaiser to use than the AK. If you can get single and tripple tapping down you can head shot between 2-3 people alone easy. Dont know how to manage AK spray patterns? You wont hit anything standing right in front of you.