Deep wilds mounts

Is this a joke?? You DON'T like that sets are being continued?  What, you never want to see one completed? Instead of getting more storm mounts, exalted, aurene, etc, you'd rather move on to the next and NEVER finish them?  Like, you're upset and don't consider the lightning skyscale 'new' because other (emphasis on other, not tihe same mount!) have gotten lightning theme before?  So... you never want to see that set completed, that theme available on all the mounts?  For me, I want that MORE than I want to see new thematics constantly introduced.  Why bother buying mount skins if I know I will NEVER be able to match them all and have a unified theme?  Buying, say, the aurene skins now is one thing because the current pattern suggests over time the other mounts will get this style too.   But if we lived in your world that would rarely if ever happen, so why would I buy the skins? Personally this set is a favorite of mine because it finally focuses on frigging catching up on all the styles they've made instead of flooding us with yet more while dozens remain less than halfway complete 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Dante.1763 said:

Shoot..im waiting for this pack to go live..theres 3 different mount sets that have mounts in here that i need, heres hoping anet doesnt listen and keeps releasing mount sets till they are eventually all finished with a theme. >.>

It would have been preferable if they released these packs all in one theme, so that if you like a theme you can complete the collection right away instead of wait for an untold amount of time to pass.  They do this with the BL weapon sets, and with holiday themed mounts, why not all mount sets?

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, Sylvyn.4750 said:

It would have been preferable if they released these packs all in one theme, so that if you like a theme you can complete the collection right away instead of wait for an untold amount of time to pass.  They do this with the BL weapon sets, and with holiday themed mounts, why not all mount sets?

That would be nice wont lie. But i dont mind this way either, as long as they -do- all get finished 😕

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sylvyn.4750 said:

Because all Mounts were not released at the same time?

Because some players may want to try to complete their sets by taking a chance with the 400 Gem licenses, rather than spending 1200?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

Because all Mounts were not released at the same time?

Because some players may want to try to complete their sets by taking a chance with the 400 Gem licenses, rather than spending 1200?

Yeah, I'm sure it's a money thing for Anet, at the expense of player convenience.  I wouldn't want to gamble for the skins if there was one theme I really liked and they scattered it across many releases, so spending 1200 each ends up looking like the best route for success.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

You would not have a choice, but to pay 1200 Gems for Roller Beetle, Warclaw, Skyscale if they only released 'themed' packs, as the original themed packs did not have all Mount skins (as the additional Mounts were not yet released), and it would not be fair/consistent (players are always asking ArenaNet to be consistent, especially when it comes to purchasing) to make some sets less expensive, and other sets more expensive.

• Like 2

update: I went with the Curious Creatures (I think? The Bioluminescent Raptor) from the "choose your license" box and the Exo-Suit Warclaw, which I think is the best Exo-suit mount skin so far. I am really happy that if I think a theme looks neat on one mount, I can get it for other mounts at some point. I do agree that getting them in one pack or at one time also has its draws, but ultimately I do not have much of an opinion on that...

• Like 4

18 hours ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

You would not have a choice, but to pay 1200 Gems for Roller Beetle, Warclaw, Skyscale if they only released 'themed' packs, as the original themed packs did not have all Mount skins (as the additional Mounts were not yet released), and it would not be fair/consistent (players are always asking ArenaNet to be consistent, especially when it comes to purchasing) to make some sets less expensive, and other sets more expensive.

To be clear I am talking about if they had started with packs of the same theme right off the bat it would have worked, but you're right, changing it now would result in some inequities now that we're so many mixed packs into the process.  

43 minutes ago, Sylvyn.4750 said:

To be clear I am talking about if they had started with packs of the same theme right off the bat it would have worked, but you're right, changing it now would result in some inequities now that we're so many mixed packs into the process.  

How could they have released Mount Skins for Roller Beetle, Skyscale, Warclaw 'right off the bat'?  Those Mounts weren't available.

There were 'themed' Mount Packs 'right off the bat', but they didn't include the above Mount Skins, so the additional 'themed' skins have been included in other packs (with a choice of 400 Gem RNG, or 1200 Gem choice). 

Edited by Inculpatus cedo.9234
typo
  • Like 1

Just now, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

How could they have released Mount Skins for Roller Beetle, Skyscale, Warclaw 'right of the bat'?  Those Mounts weren't available.

There were 'themed' Mount Packs 'right off the bat', but they didn't include the above Mount Skins, so the additional 'themed' skins have been included in other packs (with a choice of 400 Gem RNG, or 1200 Gem choice). 

Im assuming we are also going to get turtle and skiff skins too, so..

Although, there is a way.

They could have sold "Expansion" boxes based around the themes. So a "Branded" Expansion box, for say 1200 gems that had the other three skins available, or whatever price they think is fair, and all the newer boxes with themes are sold for the price of both boxes added together.

Edited by Dante.1763
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If you make one big themed pack, you will end up with those who complain that they have the griffon, skyscale, warclaw, and roller beetle...which not every player has and therefore can not use.  So releasing some of those as part of a different pack isn't necessarily a negative, granted it's also in the hope that you will buy several licenses.  But for those who have just the PoF mounts, it works fine as is.  

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Dante.1763 said:

Im assuming we are also going to get turtle and skiff skins too, so..

Although, there is a way.

They could have sold "Expansion" boxes based around the themes. So a "Branded" Expansion box, for say 1200 gems that had the other three skins available, or whatever price they think is fair, and all the newer boxes with themes are sold for the price of both boxes added together.

Exactly...it can be done.  Probably won't happen though...people were upset about the original pricing of mounts when they first came out, and now would probably be up in arms if anything changed, too, even if it was for the better.

2 hours ago, Maikimaik.1974 said:

The darkmist terror skyscale looks sooo sick on a Necro, I have absolutely no complaints.

I do like the effects of that one. I guess im just disappointed that we didnt get different body styles for skins. Its all the same base body, would it kill them to change it up a bit, they would sell like crazy you put a skyscale skin that looks like a chinese dragon, or raptor that looks like a bearded dragon or crocodile. I didnt know mount sets were just continuations of skins out there, I honestly thought deep wilds mounts meant cantha inspired or some new looks from ya know the deep wilds.  

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

I also chose Darkmist Terror Skyscale. My goal was to get Skyscale and Roller Beetle skins cause I had none for both mounts. I got Trailbrazer licence from other package so at the end I decided for two Skyscale skins. One shiny (Darkmist Terror) and plain (Spekled Shortfang). Happy with both. So for me it was worth getting Supply Drop Requisition (first time) but wont be getting it anymore.

Edited by Mentor.4130
  • Like 2

I finally decided on the Taiga Lupine jackal and then chose a Lost Era select licence to get the Glaucus skimmer.

My original 'wishlist' for mount skins was 1 which looks exactly like the default mount but with 4 dye channels and 1 with some sort of effect I like for each mount type, and I'm way past that now, although it took an annoyingly long time to get a passable jackal (I think the Banded Mystic is still the only one that's identical to the default, and that's in the RNG-only license). I keep telling myself that means I'm done with mount skins and don't need any more, but I really like them and keep finding reasons to get new ones or situations where none of the ones I have really fit.

12 hours ago, Zuldari.3940 said:

I do like the effects of that one. I guess im just disappointed that we didnt get different body styles for skins. Its all the same base body, would it kill them to change it up a bit, they would sell like crazy you put a skyscale skin that looks like a chinese dragon, or raptor that looks like a bearded dragon or crocodile. I didnt know mount sets were just continuations of skins out there, I honestly thought deep wilds mounts meant cantha inspired or some new looks from ya know the deep wilds.  

They have done that sometimes. The most obvious are the ones sold separately for 2,000 gems but there's been ones in the licence packs too. Here's some examples:

Veiled Chameleon raptor

Archaius Sprinter raptor

Dappled Reef Glaucus skimmer

Dune Mastiff jackal

Lithosol griffon

Vigilant Sabreclaw warclaw

I suspect there's two reasons we don't get more of them:

1) They take more time to design, especially since the artists have to make sure they still fit the basic shame and abilities of the base mount (for example any raptor skin still has to be able to leap, any skyscale has to fly and cling to walls etc.) so there's only so many they can do at a time.

2) I'm not sure they actually sell any better than than the other options. For every player like you whose priority is getting something very different to the mounts they already have there's someone like me who likes ones that can pass for the default with the right dyes, or the other people in this topic who are more interested in patterns and effects than the shape of the model.

• Like 1

On 9/2/2021 at 9:37 AM, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

There is one anomaly that I am aware of...if you want the full Branded set or the full Fire set, getting the Branded or Fire Warclaw is only possible by buying the entire Frontline Mount pack as none of the individual mounts are sold separately.  So, 2k gems if you just want one skin out the set.  Hopefully Anet will at least refrain from selling packs in an all or nothing manner like that in the future.

• Like 2

"I gambled and lost" - the thread No.765876523095

Also it's a matter of taste wether or not these skins are "so terrible they had to hide them so they could scam me, and only me, of all poor souls in the world me" out of your money.

Edited by lokh.2695
  • Like 6
  • Sad 1

22 minutes ago, lokh.2695 said:

"I gambled and lost" - the thread No.765876523095

Also it's a matter of taste wether or not these skins are "so terrible they had to hide them so they could scam me, and only me, of all poor souls in the world me" out of your money.

Its not just me though others are saying the same thing, maybe not here so much because game forums can be an echo chamber. But on other sites and forums they have.

• Confused 3

Looking through Reddit threads the worst I can find is one person calling the lighting skyscale "a little lazy" because it's the same as the caledera one but with added effects, but then someone else called it "very cool". That seems to sum up the reactions I'm seeing generally, lots of people calling out skins they especially like or dislike and some debate about whether ones with no effects which look like real animals are better or if they're "too weird" and the same base mount with different patterns and effects is better, but I can't find anything where anyone is surprised that this licence pack follows the same pattern as all the previous ones or was expecting anything different from the selection overall.

There's some people on Youtube saying they all suck, but I'm not sure how much of that is honest feedback and how much of it is because it's Youtube. I don't think I've ever seen a single video there that didn't have people complaining about the subject matter.

Of course I'm starting from a Google search so it won't show things like forums where you have to be signed in to read posts, but from what I've been able to find I'm still not convinced large numbers of people were expecting something other than what we got.

Edited by Danikat.8537
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 9/1/2021 at 1:58 PM, Sylvyn.4750 said:

agreed, I’ve been dying for a full lightning set for years now.  Also, I’d much rather pay for packs one by one, even if it costs more overall, than have to slowly unlock every mount in a given license to get a particular one I want guaranteed.  All this spread across many licenses because they don’t do more than one of a given theme per license (example: you’ll never see two exalted themed mounts in one license)

• Like 2