Did the patch do something to the lighting? [Merged]

The lighting is definitely different. Many maps and areas are much darker. Tangled Depths actually looks foreboding now. The Applied Development Lab is much darker.

It's a welcome change for me personally, things pop out with much more detail, and honestly, GW2's environments are far too bright even during the night.

• Confused 1

So, I have been experiencing the same issue. Glad it wasn't just me, however, I've updated to the latest AMD drivers AND I'm not using dx912pxy. I am, however, using Gw2Hook for Reshade, so that may be the issue. Funny part is, I went to a place I knew was bad for me with the lighting (Drydock Grotto in Northern Silverwastes), but right now, it's working. A couple of days ago, the lighting was non-existent and the area was completely dark. I moved here to see if it was gone and then I would disable Gw2Hook and see if that helped, but now I'm not really sure what is causing it! This is getting weird, but I do think it's due to the upcoming update changing over to DX11.

The last room before you pick the three holes to drop in at the sharkmaw caverns is bugged. The light does not go on, and just remains a pitch black room. I'm trying to get this puzzle done for Lion's Arch Exterminator, and being partially blind I kind of require needing to see the area around my character. While I have done this in the past, I'm unsure how to get this done now.

3 hours ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

Players both with d912pxy/dxvk and without have the issue. 

Yes, but the players without d912pxy may still be running reshade or something similar. In that thread, the people with the problem are either running some graphics adon, or are not specifying, and there are examples of people without any addons that have no problemn, and people claiming that updating d912pxy fixed the issue for them.

(for me, for example, it seems to be working fine in both unmodified and with the latest d912pxy).

Of course, it may also be an issue with specific graphic drivers...

Edited by Astralporing.1957

7 hours ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

Yes, but the players without d912pxy may still be running reshade or something similar. In that thread, the people with the problem are either running some graphics adon, or are not specifying, and there are examples of people without any addons that have no problemn, and people claiming that updating d912pxy fixed the issue for them.

(for me, for example, it seems to be working fine in both unmodified and with the latest d912pxy).

Of course, it may also be an issue with specific graphic drivers...

The dev literally commented on this thread that it's on their side and they're fixing it tomorrow.

On 9/8/2021 at 1:28 AM, Josh Davis.7865 said:

Thank you for the reports, everyone. We're working on a fix for this and expect to have it out with the September 21 release.

Why are you arguing over who had what addons or didn't when there's a written confirmation that it's the game and the team is working on it. 

• Thanks 1