What comes after the End of Dragons?

Marikus.1875

Maybe just a revamp of core tyria maps. Cataclysm style but only the maps that are the least used. Make the story progress through some of the low level areas with new events that get newer players involved even if they aren't in the endgame. Could also make this an optional story path for new characters, just select the story the same way you would if you were to jump between living worlds. Hell just make it the default after the expansion and make it possible to select the core storyline if you'd like to go back and try it out. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

I find myself increasingly confident that it's going to be the Dominion of Winds (or Domain of the Winds, as it's apparently called now) for the next expansion. Between Icebrood and EoD, there have been just a few too many mentions of characters wanting to visit the DoW, or of how the time may come for the tengu to open their doors, etc, for it to not feel like foreshadowing.

Does that mean playable tengu? No clue. but I do think we're going to see the Dominion/Domain sooner rather than later.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 6/6/2022 at 8:08 PM, ChampionOfJormag.9357 said:

With the idea the Commander became some antagonist though truly protagonist in disguise trying to protect Tyria and Dragons Watch...Let's say what if the Commander was put into a position being forced to kill a Dragons Watch member. Who would you fear killing? Cinematic shows the emotion of the Commander dealing the deathblow having no other choice, unwillingly needs to kill that Dragons Watch member. Imagine the reactions, shock and suspense that we would have???

Kinda like the ending of HoT?

On 6/7/2022 at 1:18 PM, Groggyfrog.9754 said:

Maybe just a revamp of core tyria maps. Cataclysm style but only the maps that are the least used. Make the story progress through some of the low level areas with new events that get newer players involved even if they aren't in the endgame. Could also make this an optional story path for new characters, just select the story the same way you would if you were to jump between living worlds. Hell just make it the default after the expansion and make it possible to select the core storyline if you'd like to go back and try it out. 

Kinda like season 1?

That ANet decided was a mistake?

Only with mounts and elite spec power creep this time?

New players, look out!

HoT did end with you killing Trahearne yeah.... Hmm, well some expansion that involves the Commander more. Like personal decisions similar to personal story mode or charactwr creation. Also, the thought of making the Commander the antagonist in some indirect manner would be cool. Like the Commander is good but is viewed as an antagonist would be cool. Like all the enemies flee into the Mists when they are being tracked, so Commander does the same thing and BOOM new Expansion: Into the Mists!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 6/7/2022 at 12:18 PM, Groggyfrog.9754 said:

I would very much like a Cataclysm like vanilla world revamp. The vanilla zones are still the best IMO, It'd be nice to have them revamped so they are more relevant.

• Sad 1

• 1 month later...

My intuition guides me towards the human Gods.

After all, in our pursuit to exterminate the Elder Dragons, we've made a lot of mistakes that could cause them to return. The first and most obvious is the death of Balthazar. He was left alive in the Mists but he wasn't killed, there's probably a reason for that. Freeing him and then killing him will have repercussions for the other gods, whether or not they agreed with Balthazar.

The second is Krakaltorrik. In its infinite delicacy and flight through the Mists, we unwittingly ransacked several realms of the Gods. I'm not sure that's much appreciated, although the goal is noble.
If the Gods left Tyria for causing the Desolation, what about us for slaying ancient creatures like dragons that they weren't able to slay themselves? Not to mention the imbalance it caused for a while.

On the other hand, I don't see how all this could be linked to the current problems: the energy shortage that Cantha will suffer, the historical exploration of the dragon cycle. There are quite a few windows open for assumptions currently.

I'm thinking about the gods too, in nightfall a lot of things happen when abbadon die the world is  almost destroyed because of that, and all dragon are realeased, but kormir become a goddes to replace him and save the world, but balthasar is dead and there is no one to replace him, so... things is gonna be ugly soon

2 hours ago, pochocu.2831 said:

I'm thinking about the gods too, in nightfall a lot of things happen when abbadon die the world is  almost destroyed because of that, and all dragon are realeased, but kormir become a goddes to replace him and save the world, but balthasar is dead and there is no one to replace him, so... things is gonna be ugly soon

Nah, we have Aurene Ex Machina.

• Like 1