Forewarned is Forearmed

nosleepdemon.1368

I had a go at this today, and after a couple of trip ups with forgetting to reload stun darts when trying to take out groups, I got the hang of it. I have to say this instance was kitten cool. The balance of heat and stun gun ammo requiring you to preplan combos ahead of time is neat. It makes successful take down of groups plus siege in one series of moves feel very slick indeed. My only suggestion would be to add a warning that the tree is useless, and the dust mote twister will cause you to probably lose the silent and deadly achievement.

• Like 2
  • Confused 5

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 10/23/2021 at 3:34 AM, Super Hayes.6890 said:

The map boundries at the very begining of this instance need to be expanded. Got booted running from an attack cause I wasn't focused on the minimap

Exactly, especially because it doesn't give you a warning that you crossed the boundaries. It auto boots you out, which doesn't happen in any other mission. It has to be fixed at some point.

• Like 2

On 10/22/2021 at 5:34 PM, Super Hayes.6890 said:

The map boundries at the very begining of this instance need to be expanded. Got booted running from an attack cause I wasn't focused on the minimap

Its better now I think. Im pretty sure when it was first released if you just went into the red for 1-2 sec you got booted from instance. The instance boundaries will not boot you if you run back out of the red quickly enough, but yea if could use larger boundaries still I agree.

3 minutes ago, Moradorin.6217 said:

Its better now I think. Im pretty sure when it was first released if you just went into the red for 1-2 sec you got booted from instance. The instance boundaries will not boot you if you run back out of the red quickly enough, but yea if could use larger boundaries still I agree.

I posted that a few days after I did it. Most of the mission is fine. It's just that beginning part that it is way small. I was trying to figure out the arm skills, screwed up, ran to try and get out of combat to heal and got booted. Realized on my second attempt after starting over that you can turn off the arm skills and fight normal. The opening instance boundries are just way too small for the part where you are learning new skills/mechanics.

• Like 1

I hate this mission for the open field fighting part - it is so lengthy and incredibly boring that it made me loathe this mission, though the reconnaissance, assassinate and sabotage part is fun (it should have ended there, with your entourage just coming through the portal, end of story).

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Several LW4 instances were stupidly long. I seriously doubt the main decision makers sat down and played them through from begining to end before releasing the content. Anet has proven inept at reasonable story instance length several times over the years and this instance was an example of this. When I got to the fight at the end I was astonished that it STILL wasn't over. Break up the instances to reasonable lengths and just have a few more per release or at least give us an estimated duration at the begining when we click yes to start the instance. Please don't think I hated the content. This mission was fun and I enjoyed it until I felt rushed to finish and couldn't because I had somewhere to be.

Edited by Super Hayes.6890
grammer fix
  • Like 1