Engi skills with no cool down

DaVid Darksoul.4985

1 hour ago, DaVid Darksoul.4985 said:

Hmmm wiki shows a half second activation and no cooldown for first grenade skill in the kit and after watching an engi continuously fire grenades at a trebber I can attest that it has no cooldown. Pretty sure i wasnt halluc, and engi had no skill on him like alac to speed it up

If your problem is "grenade damage coefficients aren't split from PVE and using PVP coefficients" you might have a point.

If you're trying to imply it has no cooldown on what is essentially the autoattack (the #1 skill)... I don't know what to tell you.

• Like 1

So sounds like you are complaining about mortar kit not grenade kit. Mortar has the projectile arc necessary to clear siege effectively on walls. It does considerable damage when you run full glass and combo with quickness from gyros. The counter play is to just attack him when he approaches lol. Reflects are also effective. If you're a necro focus 5 + axe 2 would do the trick. 

You are basically asking for a CD on an auto attack. 

Edited by Sarmach.1547

3 hours ago, Xenesis.6389 said:

Like Shroud and it's skills have cooldowns, why don't kits?

Just flipping a kit doesnt actually do much. 

How would you like it if pressing the shroud key just flipped to your shroud weapon skills and nothing else happened, no actual shroud?

I mean I'd be fine with that when fighting necros. 

• Like 1

The kit itself is not an attack! You have to equip the kit, and then there are attack skills. Only no.1 has no cooldowns but it does much less damage, and if you get killed by AAs, then w/e. Unlike eles that just have it as a class mechanic, Engis must use a utility slot for it.

This is balanced out by the fact that core engi has a extremely limited weapon selection. In fact, except for Holo, you cannot equip anything but a pistol if you want to use shield. They also cannot swap weapons in combat.

Edited by ArchonWing.9480
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

Just flipping a kit doesnt actually do much. 

How would you like it if pressing the shroud key just flipped to your shroud weapon skills and nothing else happened, no actual shroud?

I mean I'd be fine with that when fighting necros. 

Well, flipping to a kit proc weapon swap sigils, even though they're all on 9s cooldowns.

Also https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Streamlined_Kits

You could take shroud out, sure, long as you load up their defenses like scrappers, then we have a deal!

And not that half shroud half life mostly useless elixirs they plan to bring with harbinger.

But OP was talking about auto attack I guess, which has no cooldown on any weapon or kit so, dunno what the complaint would be other than it's an aoe attack which most weapons don't have. Grenades do too much damage due to other comboing factors.

5 hours ago, ArchonWing.9480 said:

Scourge doesn't have a different life bar though.

But again, it's not a good analogy anyways. Necros always have shroud regardless of build, while Engis have to use utility slots for it.

And the problem is not kits; it's with specifically grenade barrage (out of stealth)

Necros haven’t always had access to Scourge which with those shroud skills their isn’t a prior activation to have access to skill while playing that elite. 

50 minutes ago, Jtoon.6907 said:

Necros haven’t always had access to Scourge which with those shroud skills their isn’t a prior activation to have access to skill while playing that elite. 

I mean yea, but there is like 0 point comparing these two things to begin with.

Edited by ArchonWing.9480