I'd like to start getting into sPvP, what is the easiest Professions to play to learn the ropes?

Orpheus.7891

I find the PvP in this game very intimidating, there is just so many abilities so many things to keep track on my character let along learning about all the others that I honestly haven't even tried sPvP, but I want to

I'm looking for a really balanced Profession to play, one that might not be amazing but easy to play that focus on damage, I don't want to play a pure support role as I feel there is added responsibility to that

Any suggestions?

Shoutbreaker Warrior isn't hard to play, it's still not bad even with the healing nerf, healing nerf feels like it was across the board (keyword on across the board, you wont see much healing from ele guard either). I don't recommend warrior unless you're comfortable counting dodges and stun breaks. If you want to learn the game go shoutbreaker tbh.

But definitely play ranger and guardian if you wanna just win now without knowing how the game works.

Later you can go necro, mesmer and just have an easy life as well.

Edited by BlackTruth.6813
  • Thanks 2

Warrior. 

Easiest to learn but also easiest to read. You'll learn the mechanics very well, then can swap to something else that people cant respond as easily to when you start having difficulty.

Alternatively, Ranger/Necro. Also easy to learn, but sees success way up into high ranks. 

Avoid mesmer, thief and ele until you learn the ropes, then you can revisit them later.

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261
  • Like 1

Tbh all the classes have easy options. It depends on what role you would enjoy most. Roamers, duelists, and team fighters can all be the DPS you’d like. Tell me more about your preference. Do you wanna get locked into some 1v1s, do you wanna outnumber and crush fights, or do you wanna be in the action all game? They are not all mutually exclusive, but it helps to get an idea to start.

1) Core Ranger and take river drake and smokescale - the Valkyrie build, just swap pets and weapons all time

2) Chaos Inspiration Mirage with Staff - to keep the node, it doesn’t really matter in what order the skills are used, you can make max number of clones and just stand there autoattacking until the enemy find out where you are. Once they do, repeat.

3) Necro Minion Mancer - you just need to make sure minions are always up and keep using all weapon skills

• Like 1

Easiest and effective? Condi D/D Daredevil with no doubt. Just spam #3 and dodge. (if you have in mind Unranked only PvP. Ranked is a bit different story). Burn Guardian  is also on pair with condi d/d Daredevil. Super easy and very powerful. Survivability is not great though. Another one is condi Necromancer or Scourge. Ranger is also pretty easy but lucks both survivability and dmg.

Avoid Elementalist, Revenant, Mesmer (condi Mirage is actually pretty easy in my hands at least, while Power Chronomancer is probably one of the hardest pvp builds in the game) and Engineer.

Edited by Sifu.9745
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Sifu.9745 said:

Easiest and effective? Condi D/D Daredevil with no doubt. Just spam #3 and dodge. (if you have in mind Unranked only PvP. Ranked is a bit different story). Burn Guardian  is also on pair with condi d/d Daredevil. Super easy and very powerful. Survivability is not great though. Another one is condi Necromancer or Scourge. Ranger is also pretty easy but lucks both survivability and dmg.

Avoid Elementalist, Revenant, Mesmer (condi Mirage is actually pretty easy in my hands at least, while Power Chronomancer is probably one of the hardest pvp builds in the game) and Engineer.

Condi dd?

• Like 1

I started with Mesmer and at the time I was into pvp mainly, so normally I couldn't resist jumping into sPvP as soon as I got comfortable with class mechanics (or so I thought) - just skip over Mesmer as a starter for PVP.

Yes they can be evasive annoying lot, that hits like a trunk but squishier than a vase and very quirky. The problem isn't the class itself as much as you won't know what hit you and how to counter it, until you get familiar with the way other classes play out and Mesmer is the worst class to pick up to try pvp, without prior knowledge (Ele is perhaps the only one that's worst)

p.s Also Mesmer has a quite infamous reputation, so chances are you will be all the time focus of someone or a group of people -> which makes up for very unpleasant experience if you only started.

Edited by Senteliks.2360

8 hours ago, Filip.7463 said:

Condi dd?

Yep. Condition double daggers + Shortbow Daredevil (Carrion, Rabid or even Wizard Amulet) is super easy, one of the strongest 1 vs 1 and 1 vs 2 profession in the game. Very very forgiving for the mistakes in unranked and lower ranked arena. Survivability is just awesome, while dmg is not that bad at all. Sure, Sword condi Weaver is better for example, but the rotation is not very beginner friendly. We are talking here about professions that can be easy and still effective, not the best but effective.

If you have in mind higher ranked arena (which i doubt) than you can forget about double dagger condi Thief .

• Haha 1

If you want to get into pvp but your skill level is that of a new player then my advice is this.

Pick a class that rewards your  mistakes.

The best class for this is support core grd.

First stages for learning just play on node close and middle point. the skills you will use for yourself your team mates will benefit, if they close in range.

Focus node fighting for first few days 

Once you get a feel on what u can handle on node fights and focused next stage is to focus on peeling. Now as support you don't care for node and use this time to practice supporting team mates where they are and shadow roam. And I mean that even if it's a throw! Use this time to really peel and shdow where they move and take their fights.

Once u get a feel of this, you should be able to play both node team fights and roam peel, you focus on map..

The next stage is that map focus and picking the fights you are most needed. Rotation!

Will take about two weeks to get useful as a support. 

Priority goes this.

Peal for team mates over node.

Stay on node fights until its decaped then focus on this fight.

Close over mid,

mid over far

and close over far in rotation. And peel for team mates over everything. That goes for a dps to.

As a dps if u are not being focused think who is and is there anything u can do for them. Don't be afraid to stop.focusing one target and switching on kill windows. And as a dps u can peel just as well as support. Dps is also a great peel over heal. If team.mates being focus always think if not busy how can I help this guy.

And give up the node to do so if its a 2v2 and u afk capping why team mate is fighting 2 off point then u have already lost that fight. When team mate is dead u loose your 1v2.they get 2 kills and map. If node is decamped leave it be and focus that fight.

Edited by Gamble.4580