What's the future of raids in GW2?

Xar.1387

@maddoctor.2738 said:

@STIHL.2489 said:I'm going to disagree with all of you, because I have played games that sold Large Scale DLC, like expansions, and Smaller "Adventure Pack" style DLC.

Single player games and MMORPGs are very different

Dude.. I AM talking about MMO's..

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@TheRandomGuy.7246 said:If the quality of these dlc raids is even remotely the same then they are just not worth the money. If they are high quality and are released frequently then it will segregate tiny community that is already pretty much dead.

Ok fair enough.. Well, then you all need to come to terms with the fact that if they are not worth the money to buy, then they are not worth the money to make.

@STIHL.2489 said:

@maddoctor.2738 said:

@STIHL.2489 said:I'm going to disagree with all of you, because I have played games that sold Large Scale DLC, like expansions, and Smaller "Adventure Pack" style DLC.

Dude..
I AM talking about MMO's

Like? Which MMORPG added Raids and only Raids as DLC?

@STIHL.2489 said:

@TheRandomGuy.7246 said:If the quality of these dlc raids is even remotely the same then they are just not worth the money. If they are high quality and are released frequently then it will segregate tiny community that is already pretty much dead.

Ok fair enough.. Well, then you all need to come to terms with the fact that if they are not worth the money to buy, then they are not worth the money to make.

Yup. Quality went way down after w1. I would pick a fractal every 2 months over another w4 any time.

@STIHL.2489 said:

Keep in mind raids were funded and are kept alive by whales. Raiding community wouldnt be able to fund single dev payment

@maddoctor.2738 said:

@STIHL.2489 said:

@maddoctor.2738 said:

Dude..
I AM talking about MMO's

Dungeons and Dragons Online.

Was that your only question?

@STIHL.2489 said:

@maddoctor.2738 said:

@STIHL.2489 said:

@maddoctor.2738 said:

Dude..
I AM talking about MMO's

You mean gw2 should look for ideas from dead games?

@TheRandomGuy.7246 said:

@STIHL.2489 said:

Yup. Quality went way down after w1. I would pick a fractal every 2 months over another w4 any time.

Perhaps they can sell fractals as well. I am all for that. In fact, Instance based grind content is the perfect stuff to chop into small packages and sell by the piece.

Honestly, if they made dungeons like AC, that gave comparable to the old style rewards with 4 - 5 gold for just the 3 paths, and tokens that I could use to get a armor/weapon set, I'd pay at least 15 cash, for it, and if it was right in my skill range, I'd have another 15 waiting for the next one.

You say openly that what you want more of, is not worth paying for, yet you expect Anet to pay for it (it ain't free to make it)

@Kheldorn.5123 said:

@STIHL.2489 said:

Keep in mind raids were funded and are kept alive by whales. Raiding community wouldnt be able to fund single dev payment

And where is the proof for that statment other than your hate for raids?

@STIHL.2489 said:

@maddoctor.2738 said:

@STIHL.2489 said:

@maddoctor.2738 said:

Dude..
I AM talking about MMO's

Dungeons and Dragons Online is free to play isn't it?And the adventure packs are how they do their content, they look more like Living World episodes, like selling Living World episodes for cash (or rather gems, because you can buy them with in-game currency too) which is exactly what Arenanet is doing too.

@Miellyn.6847 said:

@Kheldorn.5123 said:

@STIHL.2489 said:

Raid rewards are not monetized.

@Kheldorn.5123 said:

@Miellyn.6847 said:

@Kheldorn.5123 said:

@STIHL.2489 said:

Raids need the current expansion to play the next raids. So they actually cost money. Unlike fractals, WvW or sPvP.My point still stands. It's just pure hate on your part.

@maddoctor.2738 said:

@STIHL.2489 said:

@maddoctor.2738 said:

@STIHL.2489 said:

@maddoctor.2738 said:

Dude..
I AM talking about MMO's

Dungeons and Dragons Online is free to play isn't it?And the adventure packs are how they do their content, they look more like Living World episodes, like selling Living World episodes for cash (or rather gems, because you can buy them with in-game currency too) which is exactly what Arenanet is doing too.

So is this game. You pay for an expansion box that merely brings open world PvE maps. The raids have never come with the expansion box, and neither have fractals.

@maddoctor.2738 said:

@STIHL.2489 said:

@maddoctor.2738 said:

@STIHL.2489 said:

@maddoctor.2738 said:

Dude..
I AM talking about MMO's

No.. not at all like what Anet is doing. and from what you are saying, It's not something I will be able to explain to you. But, you are right, it is F2P, so, give it a try and see what I am talking about. The First Raid is free! How great is that!

Tell Sorjek "Galvanized" said Hi..

@Miellyn.6847 said:

@Kheldorn.5123 said:

@Miellyn.6847 said:

@Kheldorn.5123 said:

@STIHL.2489 said:

Raids need the current expansion to play the next raids. So they actually cost money. Unlike fractals, WvW or sPvP.My point still stands. It's just pure hate on your part.

current expansion would be created and sold even if raids never existed, raids would never happen if not for whole community funding this mode

@Zenith.7301 said:

@maddoctor.2738 said:

@STIHL.2489 said:

@maddoctor.2738 said:

@STIHL.2489 said:

@maddoctor.2738 said:

Dude..
I AM talking about MMO's

So is this game. You pay for an expansion box that merely brings open world PvE maps. The raids have never come with the expansion box, and neither have fractals.

Well, in like their First Expansion, which was Forgotten Realms, that came with 1 new City Zone, 2 Outdoor Zones, about a dozen individual dungeons, and one big ass raid, facing Lloth. along with like a metric shit tone of Power Creep, added levels and the typical BS that comes from an expansion (all of which was advertised as part of the expansion, and fully available on day 1 live of the Expansions release) . Then they added like 3 or 4 more raids and a dozen or so dungeon packs, that you needed the Expansion to Access, in fact, if you did not have the expansion, you could not even buy the other content associated with it.

@Kheldorn.5123 said:

@STIHL.2489 said:

@maddoctor.2738 said:

@STIHL.2489 said:

@maddoctor.2738 said:

Dude..
I AM talking about MMO's

You mean gw2 should look for ideas from dead games?

It's more alive then GW1. so.. since they did not need to make a DDO2, they may be on to something.

@STIHL.2489 said:It's more alive then GW1. so.. since they did not need to make a DDO2, they may be on to something.

Apples to Oranges here.

GW1 isn't dead for lack of support and in-fact it's still in a very playable state. GW1 just doesn't have new content due to them shifting from GW:Eutopia/Next into designing GW2 because the scope of what they wanted to do shifted. It happens just look at Overwatch (Project Titan).

Also if we use your logic here we may as well be calling it DDO6 considering the breadth of single player games like Icewind Dale, NWN/NWN2 that DDO steals from.

@Kheldorn.5123 said:

@Miellyn.6847 said:

@Kheldorn.5123 said:

@Miellyn.6847 said:

@Kheldorn.5123 said:

@STIHL.2489 said:

current expansion would be created and sold even if raids never existed, raids would never happen if not for whole community funding this mode

Raids were advertised as an expansion feature in HoT. And they get content the same way living story works with the current expansion. They are not founded by whales.

@Joxer.6024 said:ESO has gone FTP but you have to pay for the DLC, i.e. raids and such.

The "DLC" of ESO has more than Raids.

@STIHL.2489 said:However.. I have read enough. Pretty much when all ya came out and said you wouldn't pay for more raids.. well.. that right there.. answers what's the future of raids.

Why would anyone pay for something double the price?Make the Living World paid, make the new zones paid (separately), make the festivals paid, make every new collection paid, make jumping puzzles paid. How do you think that would work?

@Miellyn.6847 said:

@Kheldorn.5123 said:

@Miellyn.6847 said:

@Kheldorn.5123 said:

@Miellyn.6847 said:

@Kheldorn.5123 said:

@STIHL.2489 said:

Raids were advertised as an expansion feature in HoT. And they get content the same way living story works with the current expansion. They are not founded by whales.

Everything is funded by them. If anet made raids into seperate wallet funded by raiders only you would never see new raid again

@Kheldorn.5123 said:Everything is funded by them. If anet made raids into seperate wallet funded by raiders only you would never see new raid again

How about making all living world releases paid? Would we see any of those again?How about making jumping puzzles paid?World Bosses? Meta events? Collections? New mounts? Guild Halls? New Elite specs?

Archived