Extra Guild Slots

The topic has been dragged over for WvW and while some people will never be happy with the amount of QoL - they complain that legendary armoury ruins their game when 99% of players gained from it or that they need 8+ templates because buying a new character is too expensive/too complicated in a game built on having alts - new guilds as an account upgrade is a decent idea.

I still personally think the current system is quite hardcoded into the game and not trivial to just +1 guild (if its not one wonder why Anet hasnt increased it already to please their PvE bankguild+raid+fractal+open+friends+kinda friends+bossmeta+roleplaying+second fractal+other personal+god knows what guild crowd). I wouldnt expect any change.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Gibson.4036 said:

In a recent interview about WvW restructuring some devs addressed this, and made it sound like it would be a pretty difficult change, coding-wise.

Though thats WvW devs, the same guys thats failed to fix the collision and visible mesh on a 2x2x4m wall for about 5 years. Just saying. I agree.

• Haha 1

Mm, yes, more guild slots please! I can immediately think of at least 40 people in my circle who'd buy them.

4 hours ago, Gibson.4036 said:

some devs addressed this, and made it sound like it would be a pretty difficult change, coding-wise.

Yes, but if they crack it, we can finally start that Beach Party [SUN] guild to commemorate the release of the swimwear that they're definitely working on - another excellent money-making addition to the Tyriaverse that should have been implemented years ago.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, Gibson.4036 said:

In a recent interview about WvW restructuring some devs addressed this, and made it sound like it would be a pretty difficult change, coding-wise.

Pondering about alternatives. With the poor coders in mind of course. Meh. There is actually one solution I can think of that uses most of the resources we already have. It does not cause any real trouble with exceeding the defined static numbers, but bends a few rules:  

-

At first we have to reduce the guild slots from 5 to 4. The 5th slot is renamed "Inspect Guild."

Next up, we need two new checkbox-options. The first one is in the rank-board of the guild and should be named "Allow friends to inspect your guild." The second is in the chat-tab options, rename /g5 into "Inspect Guild."

The system only works for players who make friends each others, only following or being followed does not work. In addition it only works if the guild has the rank-option checked as well.

How it works:
I open my Contacts panel and check my friends. I pick one of them which I know they made friends with me as well and they have the proper rank in their guild. I right-click on their name and select "Inspect Guild."

At that moment, guild-slot 5 fills with that guild. 

I can actively participate in their chat and overview their roster. In addition, I can also enter their guild-hall. In theory, I have the same rights as a guild-member of the lowest rank, but cannot use the guild-bank, storage (banners, blueprints, ... etc.) and other stuff that can be used for scams/exploits. I can participate in guild-missions, only if they enabled the option for non-guildmembers to participate. I do not appear in their roster. 

This remains active until I decide to inspect another friend's guild. 

-

The only real problem would be to bypass the guild-member system. Normally the guild requires an active invite to inspect the roster and an active join-decision to gain access for the guild-chat. We could do [maximum number of guild-members] -1 and lock that slot the same way we lock the 5th guild slot.

Then we use all friend-inspect players for the same slot for the guild-chat, roster and guildhall-access. That should be tricky, but possible. 

Bring on those confused emojis. This time it is justified ^^. 

Edited by HnRkLnXqZ.1870
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, HnRkLnXqZ.1870 said:

Pondering about alternatives. With the poor coders in mind of course. Meh. There is actually one solution I can think of that uses most of the resources we already have. It does not cause any real trouble with exceeding the defined static numbers, but bends a few rules:  

-

At first we have to reduce the guild slots from 5 to 4. The 5th slot is renamed "Inspect Guild."

Next up, we need two new checkbox-options. The first one is in the rank-board of the guild and should be named "Allow friends to inspect your guild." The second is in the chat-tab options, rename /g5 into "Inspect Guild."

The system only works for players who make friends each others, only following or being followed does not work. In addition it only works if the guild has the rank-option checked as well.

How it works:
I open my Contacts panel and check my friends. I pick one of them which I know they made friends with me as well and they have the proper rank in their guild. I right-click on their name and select "Inspect Guild."

At that moment, guild-slot 5 fills with that guild. 

I can actively participate in their chat and overview their roster. In addition, I can also enter their guild-hall. In theory, I have the same rights as a guild-member of the lowest rank, but cannot use the guild-bank, storage (banners, blueprints, ... etc.) and other stuff that can be used for scams/exploits. I can participate in guild-missions, only if they enabled the option for non-guildmembers to participate. I do not appear in their roster. 

This remains active until I decide to inspect another friend's guild. 

-

The only real problem would be to bypass the guild-member system. Normally the guild requires an active invite to inspect the roster and an active join-decision to gain access for the guild-chat. We could do [maximum number of guild-members] -1 and lock that slot the same way we lock the 5th guild slot.

Then we use all friend-inspect players for the same slot for the guild-chat, roster and guildhall-access. That should be tricky, but possible. 

Bring on those confused emojis. This time it is justified ^^. 

This is a joke correct?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Back when the game first launched Guild slots were one of the two things I remember them saying were really hard coded (the other was adding new weapons) to not be expandable with ease. I'd like to see it of course but i think if they could have touched up that code they would have back when HoT released and they added guild halls. Who knows though in the future.

• Like 1