Do you really want to share?

Stallic.2397

Should conjures be shareable?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Or do you want them to be ammo style?

Should conjures be shareable? The whole idea of conjures is to drop the weapon for another ally to pick up. But, as a pvp player, I rarely don't want to do that. Most non-elem players don't even know what to do with a conjure. The second weapon is for my rotation later on. I bet all pvp players feel that way. Maybe even PvE players. So lets put it to a vote. Do players even want to share their conjure? Is there some special trick any Elem player knows that I'm not aware of? Or does everyone really want conjures to be changed to ammo instead.

Edited by Stallic.2397

25 minutes ago, Stallic.2397 said:

You'd click the first option then

Point of the question: This game has been out for close to a decade now- does anyone even care about sharing? In PvE, is sharing conjures really that meta? Why is sharing even a thing? 

Because it's fun to pick up a fiery greatsword on my engineer and start spinning. 

Edit: I would actually go as far as to suggest that I want more shareable abilities. They're just fun! I like sharing and being the one shared with. 

Edited by SkyCakeLight.3750
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Stallic.2397 said:

You'd click the first option then

Point of the question: Does anyone want to even share? Why is sharing even a thing? 

The initial idea to have a weapon kit you can share with allies is quite interesting as a mechanic, you gotta admit that.

It's just that it doesn't work out so well in practice, since most players aim to maximize their own personal damage/healing/whatever their build tries to accomplish and if a conjured weapon is part of this rotation, then it frustrates the player if that conjured weapon gets "stolen" by other players in the environment.

So in my humble opinion as a non-elementalist-main: the skill is fun to use if you don't think about it competitively... I personally enjoyed the share aspect of it to goof around with friends occassionally playing. In a game, it should be a factor if a skill is fun to use. But I understand that people want this skill to be better usable competitively, I would want the same for my own main.

So I personally don't mind how they work currently and they can stay the same (mechanically) for me, for what it's worth.

• Like 1

First of all in pvp, long time ago, sharing FGS was the meta. Then they killed the ultimate with an unbelievable long CD and several nerfs.

Nowadays earth shield is shared and it's really nice. 

In High end PvE (fractals raid strikes) usually is not shared even though with Catalyst we might see playing a support ele that provides conjures to catalyst with the aura traits.

I think overall the idea is super fun, and there should be more skills like this, the problem is a bit the balance and the CD, I would say that maybe it would be nice to have a trait that remove the second shareable weapons and half the CD of conjured so everyone could play his way. 

Conjures are effectively impossible to balance, so I think they should just be removed.

Want to make them into kits? Then you have 102 skill long rotations.

Want to make their skills into pure utility? Then it's just a utility skill with an extra step, and then you drop it after 1 or 2 skills.

Want to make it so that you want to share them out? Then they are either too weak or too strong. Too weak and nobody cares like now. Too strong, and then everyone stops using their weapon skills completely.

I really think they have no place in this game in their current iteration. The only way to make them work is turn them into an elite spec mechanic, rather than a utility.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Sharing is fun. I remember starting the collection for the legendary bird stick and I had to go to the norn starting zone. I was using conjures out of boredom when 2 new players came to do a heart. They thought the conjure weapons were the coolest thing ever and wondered how to get them (neither of them were playing ele). I told them that they were ele skills and they said were gonna try ele later because of them. That was years ago so if they did switch to ele... well rip cause the nerfs starting coming afterwards. 

In my opinion :

It should still be shareable, however if someone picks it up, it should reduce the cooldown by half
(And the cooldown should start when activating the skill).
If no one picks it up, the second weapon should be equipable by simply reclicking the skill button if it hasn't disappeared.

Edited by Tabootrinket.2631
  • Like 1

Can't they just make them as engi's kits?

I mean the code exists already to do that no? 🤷‍♂️

I don't really care about sharing them tbh, but if someone really want them sharable then the kit can spawn 1 copy weapon on the ground when activated and that's it no?

Edited by Aedil.1296

20 hours ago, Ganathar.4956 said:

Conjures are effectively impossible to balance, so I think they should just be removed.

Want to make them into kits? Then you have 102 skill long rotations.

Want to make their skills into pure utility? Then it's just a utility skill with an extra step, and then you drop it after 1 or 2 skills.

Want to make it so that you want to share them out? Then they are either too weak or too strong. Too weak and nobody cares like now. Too strong, and then everyone stops using their weapon skills completely.

I really think they have no place in this game in their current iteration. The only way to make them work is turn them into an elite spec mechanic, rather than a utility.

This would be interesting

Though, personal preference here (long time hoping for a camping spec) would be to let the ele "ascend" the particular element they're in and making the element more potent in damage, healing or utility - whatever may be missing to bring them all into line 

for fun factor, it would great if you could share more than one copy of the weapon, maybe have it copy itself 20 times (i would doubt that conjures would be ‘accidentally’ picked up 20 times in organised instanced content). its still flawed in open world, but in the same way a mesmer might not be able to use their own portal so idk

alternatively, you could try to suggest some sort of skill flipover mechanic

also do something about the pickup mechanic/animation

35 minutes ago, daggrosh.6483 said:

This poll was badly setup. Does answering yes mean you want ammo or you want sharing? I answered yes because I read the bolded text (or should they be ammo) then saw the greyed-out text above (should conjures be shareable).

Lol, my bad. First poll of mine. 

I personally am one that aims to achieve peak performance, especially from conjures. So I would rather remove the share option. I see no point in it. But after the comments of this poll, I can at least understand why others would want to share. 

If sharing is still wanted, I would say Anet should change it so that you have to trait for sharing the conjure. The Conjurer trait could allow sharing upon activation. But without the trait, conjures are simple ammo skills for better

11 hours ago, Tabootrinket.2631 said:

In my opinion :

It should still be shareable, however if someone picks it up, it should reduce the cooldown by half
(And the cooldown should start when activating the skill).
If no one picks it up, the second weapon should be equipable by simply reclicking the skill button if it hasn't disappeared.

This is also an interesting idea..