Untamed, Some ideas to fix this broken mess.

anduriell.6280

It is crazy to me that none of our traits or survival cantrips effect the pet. That is a bizarre oversight that should definitely be remedied. If this is indeed meant to be a melee brawler pet spec then the pets ALSO need active defense in order to survive the conditions of the battlefield that the ranger can survive.

The Untamed's heal actively killing the pet is also just bizarre. What a spec like this needs is a heal that revives the pet so we have another avenue of getting it back on its feet. The pet is already going to be getting overwhelmed with massive incoming damage and can't mitigate it as well as the ranger can. Why give us a skill that takes its health, which is harder to maintain and restore, and give it to the ranger? It makes no sense and I can't see anyone running this heal.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Ehecatl.9172 said:

It is crazy to me that none of our traits or survival cantrips effect the pet. That is a bizarre oversight that should definitely be remedied. If this is indeed meant to be a melee brawler pet spec then the pets ALSO need active defense in order to survive the conditions of the battlefield that the ranger can survive.

The Untamed's heal actively killing the pet is also just bizarre. What a spec like this needs is a heal that revives the pet so we have another avenue of getting it back on its feet. The pet is already going to be getting overwhelmed with massive incoming damage and can't mitigate it as well as the ranger can. Why give us a skill that takes its health, which is harder to maintain and restore, and give it to the ranger? It makes no sense and I can't see anyone running this heal.

I think it was the heal cantrip what  it got to me. If the heal would have looked less like a meme I probably I would not have bother to work any feedback yet . 

That 60s CD heal skill for 0 heal points simply made me scream internally. 

• Like 4
  • Confused 3

This is how I see Untamed being used at wvw…

unleashing ranger, priming exploding spores, teleporting into a group with unnatural traversal, spores exploding knocking down enemies, hammer 3 for aoe blind hitting targets triggering the boon removal leap, u can then trap enemies with natures binding and swap to unleashed pet, f1, f2, f3 while swapping weapons to either gs for maul/gs5/maul, axe5 for whirling death, or wh5 for more aoe daze.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, Abyssisis.3971 said:

unleashing ranger, priming exploding spores, teleporting into a group with unnatural traversal, spores exploding knocking down enemies, hammer 3 for aoe blind hitting targets triggering the boon removal leap, u can then trap enemies with natures binding and swap to unleashed pet, f1, f2, f3 while swapping weapons to either gs for maul/gs5/maul, axe5 for whirling death, or wh5 for more aoe daze.

Spores need to hit all 6 to a target to knock them down. The spores takes 2 seconds to activate after cast. Cmc already said he does not feel the skill can be used in pvp and  I agree with him.

Also I am not sure you can pre-cast the skill while blinking. 
Enemies PbAoE will melt you before you can do anything otherwise it would be possible to do something similar with druid in the hot era. PoF just brought too much pbaoe. 

but tomorrow is the big day and hopefully  I will be reading in the forums about how wrong I am and how good the new elite is. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, anduriell.6280 said:

Spores need to hit all 6 to a target to knock them down. The spores takes 2 seconds to activate after cast. Cmc already said he does not feel the skill can be used in pvp and  I agree with him.

Also I am not sure you can pre-cast the skill while blinking. 
Enemies PbAoE will melt you before you can do anything otherwise it would be possible to do something similar with druid in the hot era. PoF just brought too much pbaoe. 

but tomorrow is the big day and hopefully  I will be reading in the forums about how wrong I am and how good the new elite is. 

Hmm that’s kinda limiting then if all 6 spores have to hit a target to knock it, but if you teleport inside a group, you should be able to knock some people down with it. Hopefully. Lol

So you think the spores won’t teleport with the player? I’m hoping they do lol

Druid’s leap let it down, it could be hit mid flight, untamed has a teleport, so it will be possible to teleport into someone face and smash them without them interrupting you mid flight like what happens with leap skills. Yes, you would get melted, but that’s where the elite and the heal keeps you alive.

im actually more optimistic about Untamed than I ever was with Druid and soulbeast.

3 minutes ago, Abyssisis.3971 said:

Hmm that’s kinda limiting then if all 6 spores have to hit a target to knock it, but if you teleport inside a group, you should be able to knock some people down with it. Hopefully. Lol

So you think the spores won’t teleport with the player? I’m hoping they do lol

Druid’s leap let it down, it could be hit mid flight, untamed has a teleport, so it will be possible to teleport into someone face and smash them without them interrupting you mid flight like what happens with leap skills. Yes, you would get melted, but that’s where the elite and the heal keeps you alive.

im actually more optimistic about Untamed than I ever was with Druid and soulbeast.

The actual area where all 6 could hit looked really small too. Like you had to be right next to them for it to work.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Levetty.1279 said:

The actual area where all 6 could hit looked really small too. Like you had to be right next to them for it to work.

Yea, even if it’s a bad skill, you could always take signet of the wild for aoe immobile instead. I’m thinking marksmanship, 1, 3, 1 along with nature magic for protective ward as well. So upon teleporting you are delivering immobile and weakness right inside a group of enemies, you could use wh5 for aoe daze as well.

I'm just curious about pet control, as that is an important part of core. 

If we truly have lost 'attack my target' then you can't set the pet to passive..? I know some of them will start attacking after using their F2 (maybe they all do), but that's also something I wish they wouldn't do if on passive.  Setting passive is important if you want to disjoint, because if on active then the pet often will almost always switch off its target to target the new ranger target, which defeats the purpose of trying to disjoint.

I dare say I'd rather lose 'return to me' than 'attack my target', as at least you can swap for return, in fact that's how I always do it.  Swapping eliminates the pet getting hit any more and puts the new one right at your side for swap F2's.  So in theory, we really don't need a return button (although it is nice in certain cases).

Actually after typing the above I went back and watched the stream and it does appear that he has pet on passive and is using its auxiliary skills as an 'attack my target'.  So they took the F2 'bug' (pet starts attacking ranger target after using F2) and turned it into a main mechanic...not sure I love that tbh. 

I guess in the end most of us will probably leave it as active and just let it switch targets as we do.  This doesn't mean I don't want it on the UI, even if they have to make an F6 for it.  

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Abyssisis.3971 said:

The spores are functionally just a worse spike trap in pvp

You're trading 1 second more of cc (spike trap launch feels like more than 1 second but w/e) in exchange for instant activation, unblockable, and 5 seconds less cooldown

It's just not worth it unless Anet finally makes good on their promise to give some hard cc the damage back and makes spores one of the few hard cc skills that also does damage (and a lot of it at that)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I always wondered why there is no stow pet option that keeps a pet stowed even when you attck or are being attacked. To me it makes sense in pvp/wvw play that you want to keep your pet out of the line of fire till you want to use one of its skills. Then send it use it and restow so not to get it killed. Its like the pet AI is just stupid , in other games if I put the pet away it stays away till called, I think that kind of ability to actually stow the pet would go a long way to improve ranger in wvw. Using the pet as an extension of the rangers skills means being able to actually stow it till needed so it dont get destroyed right off the bat.

Yes its micromanaging a pet a little more , but imo auto AI is a bad idea. I like being able to manage pets more for control and calculating when to send and when not

Edited by Zuldari.3940

On 10/26/2021 at 7:22 AM, Substance E.4852 said:

The spores are functionally just a worse spike trap in pvp

You're trading 1 second more of cc (spike trap launch feels like more than 1 second but w/e) in exchange for instant activation, unblockable, and 5 seconds less cooldown

It's just not worth it unless Anet finally makes good on their promise to give some hard cc the damage back and makes spores one of the few hard cc skills that also does damage (and a lot of it at that)

the spores in genrral was a bad idea, such an strange requeriment to perfomr a short CC when other skills in other classes  do not require anything at all.

Also with Druid was established that object was healing, color blind players may find annoying two different effects for the same object.

to rework them as a heal as i suggest would make that so much better. The requeriment for the current heal cantrip is just too punishing for the actual game mechanics.

i yet have to test the elite out but for what i read hammer feels slow and clunky which goes against a "fast and aggresive bruiser". And also players are feeling the lack of the gap closer in the weapon.

• Like 2

I know this will be unpopular however i feel the pet ui needs a option to switch to core or new ui. Some of us used the core ui fine in pve and what not. Where as some might favor other UI. I main with my pets until better a smokescale and bristleback. Our pets need to have skills that would work for ranged pets as well as melee pets. If we went to core we could find a way to use all 3 skills comes with untamed. Make one effect say smokescale the teleports fine gets him in faster. One of the other 2 a ranged skill where a ranged pet can shoot it at boss at its ranged attack and a third maybe for pets that buff people or heal work with that like the smoke cloud can heal or buff allies or self.  No pets are the same so its a problem to treat them the same. When i picture a pet being untamed that means it will be wild thus its attacks will be stronger then core as well.

The damage needs upped on the hammer also some skills for hammer takes too long to use. if we are expected to use it. Some of the skills on broad sword are faster then hammer. My tactic was on my marauder build use long bow until enemy got close then go hammer.

Also the heal that kills our pet needs to go it will only cause us to lose half of our advantage in a fight. When i tried untamed truth be told i went marksman beastmaster and untamed. My heal of choice given it was a shout and i used most of the other core shouts was We Heal as One.

Edited by Kaenaydar.5631