Toxic AFK Players

iwaly.3578

Hi I just queued up for some ranked games and I got this player in my team and he just went afk since first 40seconds because someone in our team died fast at the beggining and started flaming everyone while staying afk the whole game. Ofcourse I lost that game and ladder points juse because he can do that. I reported him , blocked him and queued again for another ranked game and guess what ? He got placed in my team again and did the same thing , afk the whole game. I dont know , there should be a system for players like him with some harsh punishments , I mean I bet he has alot of reports because of what he did so please ANET help this game mode "PVP" by getting rid of these players somehow ... atleast disable their pvp ranked queue for a few weeks or months or  something or I don't know because this is so frustrating and alot of people are quiting this game just for this reason. Help us please...

Edited by iwaly.3578
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, JusticeRetroHunter.7684 said:

Oh my dear child...if you played Random Arena in Guild Wars 1, then you do not understand the true definition of pain.

no monk?

/resign or AFK

Someone died?

/resign or AFK

anything remotely suspicious looking like seeing a Mo/P or a W/ME ...

/resign or AFK

true, but the problem with GW2 is that you can't /resign

if the team could resign maybe it would be better, put a timer on it, so at least you don't lose too much time

• iwaly.3578 changed the title to Toxic AFK Players

I posted about this happening, thread deleted, I got a warning and nothing happens to the afk player that is wasting people's time.

Haven't been playing pvp that long but I have noticed things are getting worse.

After I finishing my next leg set I probably won't touch this game mode outside of 2v2 😞

On 10/23/2021 at 9:33 PM, iwaly.3578 said:

Hi I just queued up for some ranked games and I got this player in my team and he just went afk since first 40seconds because someone in our team died fast at the beggining and started flaming everyone while staying afk the whole game. Ofcourse I lost that game and ladder points juse because he can do that. I reported him , blocked him and queued again for another ranked game and guess what ? He got placed in my team again and did the same thing , afk the whole game. I dont know , there should be a system for players like him with some harsh punishments , I mean I bet he has alot of reports because of what he did so please ANET help this game mode "PVP" by getting rid of these players somehow ... atleast disable their pvp ranked queue for a few weeks or months or  something or I don't know because this is so frustrating and alot of people are quiting this game just for this reason. Help us please...

OP, I take it you're new or "new-ish" to the spvp. If so, I tell you as I tell other newer players: stay out of ranked. Ranked is full of cheaters, win-traders and bots and is not a good environment for anyone, even other cheaters and win-traders! ANet has basically let it go to the dogs. It's a dead mode walking. Unfortunately, for new players, they would come to spvp at its worst that it has ever been in the history of this game.

Anet should just move the league box reward to unranked, and make AT have it's own exclusive reward. 

Right now Unranked/ranked seems like the same thing. You can't have a proper competitive game mode if you can't select your team members or at least match people with similar ELO. Having a plat 1, silver 2, and a bot in one game is the proof that ranked matchmaking doesn't work. 

On 10/26/2021 at 11:53 AM, Lacdanon.1483 said:

I posted about this happening, thread deleted, I got a warning and nothing happens to the afk player that is wasting people's time.

Haven't been playing pvp that long but I have noticed things are getting worse.

After I finishing my next leg set I probably won't touch this game mode outside of 2v2 😞

What if it is you the one wasting people's time? Like, I came to play for win or at least decent game. But if you are dying in the first 40 seconds, going for beast at Forest map, don't play for teamfight at Djinn's map or doing any other stupid kitten I'm not going to try my best that match to have a minor chance for a win. And the worst thing is, if I try to tell you, what you are doing wrong all I got in response is arguing in team chat. Well, you are free to live in your gold 1 world where "Fight on points guys" is a legit strategy, and I will just afk untill I got a match where people at least trying to play in proper way. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Spellhunter.9675 said:

What if it is you the one wasting people's time? Like, I came to play for win or at least decent game. But if you are dying in the first 40 seconds, going for beast at Forest map, don't play for teamfight at Djinn's map or doing any other stupid kitten I'm not going to try my best that match to have a minor chance for a win. And the worst thing is, if I try to tell you, what you are doing wrong all I got in response is arguing in team chat. Well, you are free to live in your gold 1 world where "Fight on points guys" is a legit strategy, and I will just afk untill I got a match where people at least trying to play in proper way. 

Well considering you are playing with the G1 level says a lot about your current ability.  To progress in rank,  you have to learn the ability to carry. If you think that you playing decent will get you to progress in rank,  you are naive. You have to play better than the rest in order to carry people who may not know the rotation.  If you don't want to do that and be a toxic AFK,  well stay happy getting matches with G1 ppl.

• Confused 2

27 minutes ago, lightDestroyer.1265 said:

Well considering you are playing with the G1 level says a lot about your current ability.  To progress in rank,  you have to learn the ability to carry. If you think that you playing decent will get you to progress in rank,  you are naive. You have to play better than the rest in order to carry people who may not know the rotation.  If you don't want to do that and be a toxic AFK,  well stay happy getting matches with G1 ppl.

I have an advice for you too. Don't try to look smart if you don't know what you are talking about.

• Like 1

On 10/24/2021 at 3:33 AM, iwaly.3578 said:

Not before Anet removes  BOTs from PvP. There is no point in playing with a bot that goes straight to mid and dies again and again and again and again- and in the next match again and again and again. This is my experience in NA gold ranked.

3 hours ago, Spellhunter.9675 said:

Just because you get matched with people you think are worse than you doesn't make it ok to afk to throw the match, that just makes you the kitten.

On 10/27/2021 at 9:39 AM, JTGuevara.9018 said:

OP, I take it you're new or "new-ish" to the spvp. If so, I tell you as I tell other newer players: stay out of ranked. Ranked is full of cheaters, win-traders and bots and is not a good environment for anyone, even other cheaters and win-traders! ANet has basically let it go to the dogs. It's a dead mode walking. Unfortunately, for new players, they would come to spvp at its worst that it has ever been in the history of this game.

I barely see any bots except for the very rare minion Necro train, which don't preform to bad if you know how to use them.