Hide option for shoulder?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Hide option for shoulder?

• Yes! (if possible for some outfits)
    • No!
    • Other

Hello ๐Ÿ™‚

ย 

there r a lot of nice outfits that look really bad only because of their shoulder.....its already possible to hide the helmet. So i think it should be possible to hide the should as well?! At least for some outfits ๐Ÿ™‚

ย 

What do u guys think?

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, moony.5780 said:

Thanks ๐Ÿ™‚ None of them is a poll...but ye

ย 

29 minutes ago, Obtena.7952 said:

Probably because the poll is irrelevant.ย 

Yeah, we don't really need a poll on this topic that has been addressed in several threads already with the same request.ย  Search function works!

• Like 2
  • Confused 3

You successfully necroed years-old threads to make your point. Well done, you.

It is not going to happen.

Hiding the shoulder requires active development time. They weren't designed that way;ย in any outfit, apart from the head piece, the rest isย probably one singleย 3D model. Also, they didn't respond to a request in the past who knows how many years since the first such thread. It's unlikely they will start now.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

This dude doesn't do this nonsense if not for someone linking him threads like him making a poll was somehow wrong. Because one forum memberย created a rule that we must all "search" and see if the topic was discussed before posting and basically harasses any new post if a thread existed before stuff like this happens.

Now he took it too far and commented in every one which of course another totally diffย forum member or an attentive moderator then bags you for necroing threads and gets them all locked.

There is no rule you have to search your idea for a forum post.

Most like to have an idea or thought and make a topic and discuss in real time not go read something 2 years old.

Most don't mind discussing the same topic every few months as these forums aren't crazy active you need to restrict topics to once discussion per the 9 years the game has been active.

And I bet few like to be moderated or lectured by a forum memberย and not an actual moderator.

But hey, maybe I'm wrong

Edited by Jilora.9524
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Jilora.9524 said:

This dude doesn't do this nonsense if not for someone linking him threads like him making a poll was somehow wrong. Because one forum memberย created a rule that we must all "search" and see if the topic was discussed before posting and basically harasses any new post if a thread existed before stuff like this happens.

Now he took it too far and commented in every one which of course the same forum member then bags you for necroing threads and gets them all locked.

There is no rule you have to search your idea for a forum post.

Most like to have an idea or thought and make a topic and discuss in real time not go read something 2 years old.

Most don't mind discussing the same topic every few months as these forums aren't crazy active you need to restrict topics to once discussion per the 9 years the game has been active.

And I bet few like to be moderated or lectured by a forum memberย and not an actual moderator.

But hey, maybe I'm wrong

Searching for a topic you are interested in discussing seems like the natural thing to do before starting a new thread about something that might have already been discussed in not one, two or three, but seemingly countless threads.

But hey, maybe I'm wrong.

Well, you can look at it this way: now there is only one active thread about this topic.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, MikeG.6389 said:

Searching for a topic you are interested in discussing seems like the natural thing to do before starting a new thread about something that might have already been discussed in not one, two or three, but seemingly countless threads.

But hey, maybe I'm wrong.

Well, you can look at it this way: now there is only one active thread about this topic.

Sure, I'm not saying don't search. I'm not saying it's not a good idea to look for an answer in a prior thread. I'm saying it's not a rule in order to make a thread. Sure some topics get beat to death ie afk or why isn't all story content free but making a poll about hey would you like shoulders hidden is click yes or no and comment if you would like. It's doing no harm and we always get jumped on. Usually you get that first ding and like oh nice someone commented and it's you know who with "this has been discussed before" "use the search function" even if it's someone like this guys whos name I don't recognize like he'sย supposed to be aware of the unwritten rule made up by a member.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Jilora.9524 said:

Sure some topics get beat to death ie afk or why isn't all story content free but making a poll about hey would you like shoulders hidden is click yes or no and comment if you would like

The problem here is that the poll question itself is incorrect. As has been discussed countless times, in the now locked threads as well as others, technically there is no such things as "shoulders" on an outfit. Outfits are one-piece (or in rare cases two- or three-piece with separate hats and/or gloves) designs that don't have any information that could separate e.g. the shoulders from the chest armor. There's no shirt below the shoulders, they are simply part of the whole. If you hide them, you'll be left with a hole in your character.

ย 

Directing the person that created this poll (and anybody else interested) to old threads that explain the technical impossibility of "hiding outfit shoulders" is a valid response, although it probably would've helped to give a quick summary of the basic problem so the reader had an idea of what they were looking for in those old threads. As the number of threads that were dug up show, the topic has been discussed again and again, and at this point there isn't really anything to add anymore beyond "there is no such thing as shoulders on an outfit".

• Thanks 3
  • Confused 3

1 hour ago, Hashberry.4510 said:

Thisย hasย always been a minor annoyance with this stuff but we have ignore now. Bliss.

Yea it is good that people can have their echo chambers to avoid opposingย views aint it?

Very well written post detailing the problemย Rasimir.6239

• Confused 1

I just have to know...

ย 

What shoulders from which outfit bother you so much that you spammed like 5ย threads to ask the devs to program an option to remove them? I mean, they must bother you a LOT...

ย 

Also, outfits are helmet+outfit, there's nothing underneath the shoulder part, there would just be broken geometry if you remove the shoulders. Outfits are one piece, not 6 pieces that all have to stand on each own. So your request would require devs to re-model every outfit they made just to add that option no one really needs.

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 3