BOTs removal in WvW!

dani.5680

Scourge BOTS capping in wvw! So? Its the players too smart to create these bots or Anet too .... to actual deal with this problem?

I have never seen bots in WvW until now, and its getting pathetic Anet power in this game! 

I saw a BOT in Lab, reported by over 50 players, he still farms there! 

This game is 'Meh!' at this moment!

• Thanks 2

I find most WvW bots are soulbeasts, followed by scrappers. Think I've only seen one necro bot in wvw and it didn't come back again.

On Gandara we have had the same bots for so long that one of our off-peak roamers has adopted them as pets and gets worried if they arent around for awhile. He's gone mad. Mad after months spent sending reports and doing his best to strike them down. It's a tragedy and a tale of friendship! Make way for the bot uprising!

Edited to add some relevant field footage *snortgiggle*:

Edited by Luranni.9470
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

Thealpp and Avcii D have been roaming on Gandara for years now. The owner sells gold on Discord.

Those bots win more duels than they lose, which is entertaining to watch. Also, unlike human players, they never kitten out from an outnumbered fight, leaving you to die alone. Hooray for these Anet-sanctioned bots!

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, msalakka.4653 said:

Thealpp and Avcii D have been roaming on Gandara for years now. The owner sells gold on Discord.

Those bots win more duels than they lose, which is entertaining to watch. Also, unlike human players, they never kitten out from an outnumbered fight, leaving you to die alone. Hooray for these Anet-sanctioned bots!

Avcii's brutal and wins more duels.. But Thealpp has more heart. 😄

• Like 1

8 hours ago, dani.5680 said:

Scourge BOTS capping in wvw! So? Its the players too smart to create these bots or Anet too .... to actual deal with this problem?

I have never seen bots in WvW until now, and its getting pathetic Anet power in this game! 

I saw a BOT in Lab, reported by over 50 players, he still farms there! 

This game is 'Meh!' at this moment!

They have been pretty active in WvW for over a year now, but existed long before that, just far fewer, they seemed to go up significantly when legendary armor was added.

However bots back then were easy to test, you just climb up a rock or something that requires some jumping and just watch them auto run in place getting stuck trying to follow you.

There is a minionmancer bot that I see from a server we are often matched with, it's on all the time, it is always on DBL and it takes the EXACT same path around the map counter clockwise every single time, it will also pause at sentry points that have recently been capped, I have sat there and farmed it over and over to the point it didn't give XP anymore, reported it so many times I lost track and it's still going.

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/26/2021 at 11:04 AM, Luranni.9470 said:

I find most WvW bots are soulbeasts, followed by scrappers. Think I've only seen one necro bot in wvw and it didn't come back again.

Different bot metas then, on NA there’s pretty much exclusivly Scourge/Necro bots everywhere, seen maybe like.. 1 engineer. That’s about it.

On 10/26/2021 at 11:13 AM, msalakka.4653 said:

Which isn't spectacular when you think about how a bot works. My brother leveled in another big MMORPG with lousy bot detection some years ago and made some videos about it (sadly got deleted from YT) and he got a kitten ton of tells from players how great his healing was and how he could have survived the 1v2 as a healer, etc.

It all comes down to rotation and reaction times. A good bot dodges almost perfectly and doesn't make mistakes and isn't as relying to ping. We as players on the other hand have to predict and watch for animations, often with a terrible ping.

The bots I found in GW2 WvW are not bad either (UW or RoS) but reset combat when you kite them too far away from their bot lane.

Some good news at least.

I hope it never comes back to Gw2 and I hope that those who used it in Gw2 either quit the game too or get banned.
Good riddance, and I hope Teapot is right and this was Anet's doing behind the scenes.
Having the botters give up on the game is a good thing in itself, but having it be because the Devs beat them is far far more satisfying.