Need more than 4 days to vet this update

3 hours ago, ugrakarma.9416 said:

i dont even tested, perhaps the best metric is seen if even the new specs are attractive enough;

This.

I have tried all of one spec during these beta tests. For me they just are not interesting enough. 
Also playing using a character that I get no progression from or no reward for testing does not really do it for me. So for me to use my limited playing time that I do get to test something, the spec would really have to grab me.  90% of them missed pretty big. I did take the time to watch all 3 guild chats live to see if they were worth my time. Sorry to say, most did not excite me. 

So in short I know there is no going back now on these specs but I hope that they learned as a development team what hits and misses by how many people are interested in trying it. Also next time maybe provide some sort of incentive to testing them. And for the record the balancing of a spec is not incentive because what they believe to be balance is a requirement anyway with or without our testing.

• Like 2

Trying to squeeze in Mad King, return to IBS, dailies, and beta testing makes for a busy week and prioritizing.  I can see OP's reasoning with wanting to give something proper time to check out, but four days is enough and doesn't take away from the weekend activities when more people are on.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Farohna.6247 said:

Trying to squeeze in Mad King, return to IBS, dailies, and beta testing makes for a busy week and prioritizing.  I can see OP's reasoning with wanting to give something proper time to check out, but four days is enough and doesn't take away from the weekend activities when more people are on.  

If you need dailies, then prioritize dailies first, then probably some beta testing (if only because it's more time-litmited than the festival), then maybe mad king if you still want to. Return to IBS can be left for later, it's not going anywhere. Easy, np 😄  

• Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

If you need dailies, then prioritize dailies first, then probably some beta testing (if only because it's more time-litmited than the festival), then maybe mad king if you still want to. Return to IBS can be left for later, it's not going anywhere. Easy, np 😄  

I agree entirely.  I personally like getting IBS out of the way, or any of the returns for that matter, dailies for holiday and regular, and then spend some time on betas that interest me.  Four days is adequate, no reason to drag it on.  As you said, prioritizing.

1 hour ago, Sobx.1758 said:

I have seen Bjora Marches empty in the past, with everyone there ignoring the meta. I made it a priority while I knew people would be doing it.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Gibson.4036 said:

I have seen Bjora Marches empty in the past, with everyone there ignoring the meta. I made it a priority while I knew people would be doing it.

I did the metas a few times last month, had not problem if I showed up on time, seemed to usually have at least one instance doing it. But you're free to set your priorities how you want.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2

9 hours ago, Linken.6345 said:

Like now and halloween you mean?

Like Halloween, yeah, but this week with the Return event, there were plenty of people.

My experience with the meta being ignored was several months ago. Don’t remember what might have been going on at the time.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

My priority at the moment is the beta test because that's available for the shortest time, although after the first evening I'm just doing little bits, whenever I think of something I want to try.

After that I'm doing Halloween stuff (also because it's time limited). At first I thought 5 weeks might be a bit much for a festival but I've actually really appreciated it because it meant instead of doing nothing but Halloween while it's available I can spread it out and still get everything done.

I'm way behind on the Return To achievements and used to playing on less busy maps so I'm not worried about doing that now, and dailies I always skip if I think I'm short on time because they're not going anywhere. I do check in case there's ones I  really want to do, but don't prioritise them.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Excursion.9752 said:

This.

I have tried all of one spec during these beta tests. For me they just are not interesting enough. 
Also playing using a character that I get no progression from or no reward for testing does not really do it for me. So for me to use my limited playing time that I do get to test something, the spec would really have to grab me.  90% of them missed pretty big. I did take the time to watch all 3 guild chats live to see if they were worth my time. Sorry to say, most did not excite me. 

So in short I know there is no going back now on these specs but I hope that they learned as a development team what hits and misses by how many people are interested in trying it. Also next time maybe provide some sort of incentive to testing them. And for the record the balancing of a spec is not incentive because what they believe to be balance is a requirement anyway with or without our testing.

Well, there's a promotion/incentive to testing out the new Elite Specialization running right now (until the 30th, I believe); log in on a Beta character - get entered into a Sweepstakes for a chair and/or 4000 Gems.  At least there's an incentive for players from some countries, I should say. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1