Please fix warrior movement skills already

Noz.4650

I made this post in the PvP forums but I'm posting here too for visibility.

And here's a clip of my very first game today where 4 skills miss in 30 seconds which I think kind of says it all:

It's not a latency issue on my end since I'm on NA east coast. Is it dependent on my opponent's ping? Is it the skills themselves? What actually is happening?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, eksn.7264 said:

I made this post in the PvP forums but I'm posting here too for visibility.

And here's a clip of my very first game today where 4 skills miss in 30 seconds which I think kind of says it all:

It's not a latency issue on my end since I'm on NA east coast. Is it dependent on my opponent's ping? Is it the skills themselves? What actually is happening?

Kinda looks like game thinks that your opponent is in completely different location for some reason.

4 minutes ago, TrollingDemigod.3041 said:

Kinda looks like game thinks that your opponent is in completely different location for some reason.

The thing is it's not even like you land anywhere close to your target, you literally go the OPPOSITE way. Something has to be very broken somehow. It didn't look like that mesmer was lagging on my end either, he was moving smoothly on my screen all game.

Edited by eksn.7264

Yea I’ve never had my movement skills behave that badly. It looks like something is wrong with your game tbh. Almost like when you get desync, so the actual hitbox and the visual model are disconnected, so your skills go in random directions.

Edited by oscuro.9720
If there’s such a thing as a word smith, I’m a word butcher.
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

The sad thing is that if you deselected that mesmer, faced their direction, used Rush or Bulls Charge without a target, and then selected them as a target, it will connect every time.

It can help but it's still not always a guarantee.

I have the same issue, can't really land anything properly when I'm on the warrior. While I was expecting more performance issues after I moved from eu to na server, (but still living in the UK) ironically this happened less. That's all I can say about it. Oh and the other thing was happening to me, people were able to evade bulls charge with a simple jump if the skill was used while standing on uneven ground. Dunno if this is still a thing, probably is.

• Confused 1

I will leave this here:

https://youtu.be/fSOtfivjD98?t=1556

CMC's joke is quite bitter, especially since Anet has been unable to fix Rush for years. Yikes.

Do people really think that Anet will finally start properly fixing and balancing things after EoD release? When they weren't able to do so in the past 5+ years (with some exceptions of course) or between the time after February 2019 patch up to before they started working on EoD specs? Depressing reality.

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, cryorion.9532 said:

I will leave this here:

https://youtu.be/fSOtfivjD98?t=1556

CMC's joke is quite bitter, especially since Anet has been unable to fix Rush for years. Yikes.

Do people really think that Anet will finally start properly fixing and balancing things after EoD release? When they weren't able to do so in the past 5+ years (with some exceptions of course) or between the time after February 2019 patch up to before they started working on EoD specs? Depressing reality.

Tbf, CMC really joked about almost every class in these streams.

Making fun of the "elementalist downstate meta", mechanist/ranger pets "having own ideas" while aimlessly running around with their faulty AI, etc.

I know it stings, but it the same for us all. Bugs are running rampant and the big majority of them will not get fixed, regardless if you are a warrior or another class.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kodama.6453 said:

Making fun of the "elementalist downstate meta", mechanist/ranger pets "having own ideas" while aimlessly running around with their faulty AI, etc.

I know it stings, but it the same for us all. Bugs are running rampant and the big majority of them will not get fixed, regardless if you are a warrior or another class.

Yeah, I didn't mean it as if it was exclusive only to warrior. But still, kinda sucks for people who are waiting for fix/change for years, especially when we see all those PR texts of how they are going to finally balance the game and more frequently etc etc.

Tbh, all the issues that professions and elite specs have nowadays should have been fixed long time ago, so why should people care that Anet is busy making new elite specializations? There is something wrong when they are aware of bugs and they simply don't do anything to fix them. But like, this is nothing new, so... 🤷‍♂️

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/2/2021 at 11:14 AM, cryorion.9532 said:

Yeah, I didn't mean it as if it was exclusive only to warrior. But still, kinda sucks for people who are waiting for fix/change for years, especially when we see all those PR texts of how they are going to finally balance the game and more frequently etc etc.

Tbh, all the issues that professions and elite specs have nowadays should have been fixed long time ago, so why should people care that Anet is busy making new elite specializations? There is something wrong when they are aware of bugs and they simply don't do anything to fix them. But like, this is nothing new, so... 🤷‍♂️

I totally agree. I get that they need the new expansion to boost sales, draw in new players, and make the whole business work, so it needs to be a priority--perhaps the ONLY priority at the present.

But the perfectionist, the artist in me is so pained to see all the dysfunction that plagues a very good game that has truly amazing potential. In terms of making new content, there is SO much that could be added to the game simply by reworking weapons, skills, traits, and gear that is underperforming or even unused.  Making unviable things viable would greatly expand play styles for all professions, even without adding a single new espec.  I really hope they embrace the opportunity to fix what is broken once EoD launches in a few months.

On 11/2/2021 at 2:45 PM, Kodama.6453 said:

I think the main annoyance here is that some of the movement ability issues are solved on other professions but never implemented on older skills, so you know there is a working version that has been developed that can be implemented but no one does it. It is even worse when they use old skills as base for new ones and they get the same bugs as before even though other profession already has a fix for that, it is really weird like they never talk to each other when they make a new skill and they get like one developer doing one thing the same way for years.    

• Thanks 1