titles in lfg

21 minutes ago, Solitude.2097 said:

false claims ?

When every1 that come in the forums bicker about the KP-LI groups .

Not anything else . Not rewards, not difficulty, not the lack of content.

Yes, those are false claims. Pretending that someone creating their squads with whatever requirements they want is somehow "toxic" IS a false claim about toxicity. Nothing toxic about that. There's plenty of squads with low/no requirements. And you can also create your own squad with low/no requirements. Somehow you consistently keep dodging that fact for the past... how many posts/pages now?

Based on your response, I'm not sure if you understand what I'm saying. Just because you come to the forum to complain about something doesn't automatically make it "toxic" or "bad". Hence "false claims about toxicity".

telling them they are not  trying enought to create their groups or navigate in that jungle that is called LFG

I asked you repeatedly why aren't you joining squads without requirements or create your own in multiple posts now and you keep dodging. You keep dodging because you know you're wrong and your claims about "having requirements means you're toxic" are false. If you want to have a discussion, stop dodging. If you keep dodging, stop pretending you're right while disregarding anything that proves you wrong.

Why don't you like auto LFG ?

I already explained that multiple times while even specifically mentioning I'm copying my previous posts, scroll up and re-read it.

You also completely dodged this post https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/104614-titles-in-lfg/page/4/?tab=comments#comment-1513158 for some reason, so maybe you should stop asking questions if you ignore the answers anyways?

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

15 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Yes, those are false claims. Pretending that someone creating their squads with whatever requirements they want is somehow "toxic" IS a false claim about toxicity. Nothing toxic about that. There's plenty of squads with low/no requirements. And you can also create your own squad with low/no requirements. Somehow you consistently keep dodging that fact for the past... how many posts/pages now?

Based on your response, I'm not sure if you understand what I'm saying. Just because you come to the forum to complain about something doesn't automatically make it "toxic" or "bad". Hence "false claims about toxicity".

I asked you repeatedly why aren't you joining squads without requirements or create your own in multiple posts now and you keep dodging. You keep dodging because you know you're wrong and your claims about "having requirements means you're toxic" are false. If you want to have a discussion, stop dodging. If you keep dodging, stop pretending you're right while disregarding anything that proves you wrong.

I already explained that multiple times while even specifically mentioning I'm copying my previous posts, scroll up and re-read it.

You also completely dodged this post https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/104614-titles-in-lfg/page/4/?tab=comments#comment-1513158 for some reason, so maybe you should stop asking questions if you ignore the answers anyways?

Then give me a easy tool to create/navigate in order to play and i will be less toxic

Where is the problem with that ?

Edited by Solitude.2097
  • Like 1
  • Confused 4

9 hours ago, mythical.6315 said:

One issue with adding another grouping tool is that it'll split the playerbase up further.  You also have to contend with group finder only working for instanced content and that the majority of players are used to using the LFG.

I think this is why established instance players do not like group finders (they hate it in Wow as well). These players want everyone to use a system where they can pick and choose who plays, for a variety of reasons. I would rather not have my play gated by such people.

• Confused 5

Putting aside what the others member already said, there's one major issue with the idea of auto-LFG in GW2 :

In MMOs where this system works well, groups have well-defined composition, with clear, fixed roles for each member. For some games, this role is automatically determined by the class, for other, it's indicated by the player when they queue. That's alright.

But, what are those roles in GW2 ? GW2, by design, has no clearly defined roles. The roles we are using for every encounter have been decided by the community, and are subject to change should better methods to clear those encounters are found.

Moreover, while some roles tend to be used for all fights (healer, alac, banners...), a number of other roles are encounter-specific (tanks are not always necessary, handkitter, etc) while still requiring builds with specific needs. How do you handle a auto-lfg system when the roles are dynamic, and purely community-defined ?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Solitude.2097 said:

Auto LFG can work with any amount of people .

No it won't for reasons that I have already stated.

Because there are not traditional healers and tanks , when 5 people que , they will join together instantly .

Only if there are actually five people queuing at the same time for the same thing.  Otherwise, they're stuck in a queue and potentially waiting hours or even days for a group.

It have been proven that something must change in the future Strikes .

Something has been proven?  What has been?  Where's your source?

The company can offer the WvW-Raids Set and in the same time change the reason why people call each other toxic in the forums

The majority of the people calling others toxic in regards to the LFG are those that really have no idea what toxic actually is.  Requirements in the LFG are toxic?  You've got to be kidding!

Edited by mythical.6315
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, Hashberry.4510 said:

I think this is why established instance players do not like group finders (they hate it in Wow as well). These players want everyone to use a system where they can pick and choose who plays, for a variety of reasons. I would rather not have my play gated by such people.

You do realize that you can create your own group with no requirements, right?  The only one gating anyone is the player gating themself by refusing to create their own group.

Edited by mythical.6315
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

You could apply "lfg title gatekeeping" to just about any real life equality issue and have the same discussion.  This problem is a sociological one.  I've played both sides of the fence here.  I've done a healthy share of cherry-picking at the expense of others, but I've also learned that narcissism is one of the true evils of the world, malicious or not.  I empathize with the OP here, because while we really want to be bipartisan, we'll almost always choose ourselves.  But time spent doing X is the exact same as doing Y, because time is time.  Every moment is a teachable one.  If you can take the time to serve your narcissistic self, you can take the time to serve a growing someone else.  You'll literally end up in the same place eventually.  Harmony.

Edited by Borked.6824
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3

38 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Oh look, you've dodged the answers again.... 🤦‍♂️ 

You already have an easy tool to create/navigate. You just need to start using it.

What question ?

Between the other MMos inferior LFG ,  people porting in and out for "greener pastures"  and getting stuck with me , do you have anything else that's on your mind ?

Give me a easy tool that doesn't demand an HTML script hack to remove all the clutters from my schreen and then find my goup.

What is your real problem with the auto LFG?

I wont bother you in the old LFG and we can stopthis conversation

1 hour ago, mythical.6315 said:

You do realize that you can create your own group with no requirements, right?  The only one gating anyone is the player gating themself by refusing to create their own group.

Whats the problem with an extra tool to counter a problem .

You clearly dont want  them,neither they want you

Edited by Solitude.2097
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

4 minutes ago, Solitude.2097 said:

What question ?

...what? I didn't write anything about any question, so what are you even asking about here?

Between the other MMos inferior LFG ,  people porting in and out of deferent LFG and getting stuck with me , do you have anything else thats on your mind ?

Why do I need anything else on my mind, when you still didn't respond to my previous posts?

Give me a easy tool

You already have an easy tool to create/navigate. You just need to start using it.

4 minutes ago, Solitude.2097 said:

What is your real problem with the auto LFG?

I already responded to that multiple times, so stop repeating the same question when you keep ignoring the answers anyways.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, Sobx.1758 said:

...what? I didn't write anything about any question, so what are you even asking about here?

Why do I need anything else on my mind, when you still didn't respond to my previous posts?

what easy tool?

Just now, Solitude.2097 said:

Not when  i have to use weird symbols  to normalize the clutter .

Why not use a system that haven't a clutter ?

You don't have to use any symbols. You can join the squad you want or create the squad with any requirements (or lack of them) you want. Easy.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

12 minutes ago, Solitude.2097 said:

Whats the problem with an extra tool to counter a problem .

You clearly dont want  them,neither they want you

It’s a tool which is doomed to fail and would take resources away from other things which would benefit all players. It’s also an unnecessary tool as players can already create their own groups with zero requirements. Something which you continue to ignore. 

• Like 4

Just now, mythical.6315 said:

It’s a tool which is doomed to fail and would take resources away from other things which would benefit all players. It’s also an unnecessary tool as players can already create their own groups with zero requirements. Something which you continue to ignore. 

whats resources ?

they have the auto-PvP button .

This is for the people that blame the pros , for their KP-LI req .

Don't you want less bickering in the forums ?

Edited by Solitude.2097
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Solitude.2097 said:

And i responded to you , that if they feel "trapped" they can join the no-deserter-debuff-old-LFG.

Whats the problem with an extra option ?

And I responded to you, that if you want an easy lfg then it's already a thing and you just need to start using it. What's the problem with using it?

Somehow it becomes apparent it's literally just about "punishing people for leaving for whatever reason", which is, you know, kind of literal-afk-friendly 🤔 It's an awful idea and a waste of resources, that's the problem with that "extra option".

And pretty sure you still didn't respond why you can't create your own group without requirements, right?

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Sobx.1758 said:

And I responded to you, that if you want an easy lfg then it's already a thing and you just need to start using it. What's the problem with using it?

Somehow it becomes apparent it's literally just about "punishing people for leaving for whatever reason", which is, you know, kind of literal-afk-friendly 🤔 It's an awful idea and a waste of resources, that's the problem with that "extra option".

It's not easy to navigate.

And if it works for other games,it could be beneficial here .

Why not streamlined it to a single button ?

Edited by Solitude.2097
  • Confused 1

20 minutes ago, Solitude.2097 said:

push Y ,

do HTML hacking ,

try to navigate throught the KP-normal runs,

check back and forth for a open spot ,

Not only "pushing y" isn't any problem, but you also seem to suggest that you wouldn't need to interact with anything in order to use any other alternative lfg, which is blatantly false. 🤦‍♂️

You don't need any "html", what are you even talking about right now?

You can also create your own squad with your own requirements or lack of them and you still didn't respond why you're not doing it. 🤔

Why dont you like it ?

Already responded to that multiple times, can't wait for you to dodge it again: As I said, that changes nothing, as people will keep porting in and out of the instances to find the group they deem ok. The only difference here is that current lfg has descriptions for each of the group and people can consciously join the group that alligns with their interest without porting into the instance. You're trying to reinvent current version into a worse one.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1