Cant buy gems anymore with the new payment methods.

8 hours ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

It's kind of funny; so many posted to get rid of Digital River as a poor payment provider and look what happened!  Just as bad, it seems! 

Don't see how that is funny in anyway as it shows that Arena Net changed to a new payment transaction provider which seem to still cause problems for some people to finish their payment transaction independent on their financial payment option being Paypal, Credit/Debit card or any other option that have been mentioned here in this thread.

Mayb it would be better to show some understanding for those people that have issues to get their payment through that this is a very frustrating issue instead of making it to "what-did-I-tell-you about asking Arena Net to change from Digital River Inc. into another payment provider" thread? In the end it is Arena Net that must be held responsible to find out what is not working on their end as it only they who can tell what is going on whith systems for payment partner either internally or externally to get this fixed. 

I have made one payment with Debit card (same card I have used for all years) after this change to purchase some Gems in GS and wher lycky enough that it went through, but with this change it didn't let me opt out on saving my personal information incl debit card information.

I am not too happy about that ANet now want to keep this information stored for next time I would do a purchase with the only security being the three numbers for confirming transaction.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Altion.9576 said:

Support told me that It seems we need to log into paypal and add a secondary payment option for this to work, either a credit card or a bank account wich is competely stupid since Im using paypall to AVOID doing that....  

Yea I was wondering if that's a reason why I can't make a purchase. Twitch also wants me to have Card or Bank connected to PayPal. I'm using Paypal just like you said - to avoid sharing such information. Ech... Too bad. I'm not sure what kind of issues people had with Digital River but I hope they're happy now lol

Anyway, no transitions for me until Anet speak (or fix?) with the new provider about it x: 

On 11/25/2021 at 2:29 PM, Altion.9576 said:

Support told me that It seems we need to log into paypal and add a secondary payment option for this to work, either a credit card or a bank account wich is competely stupid since Im using paypall to AVOID doing that....  

That's bull.. I have my bank account added to paypal for several years now, and it doesn't work. I just tried again and still get Error 108. Digital River at least worked. 😞

• Like 2

Adding my 2$ to this...I cant buy gems in game ...tried 2 different cards,plus  paypal...all give errors....

Then I tried buying the expansion on website,also error..

So basically it is impossible to give them my money no matter what I try  😕

Something is really wrong on their end,no doubt  😕

Edited by Milar.4930
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Update...found the right support person it seems  🙂

"..your purchase attempts were caught in our general security checks and purchase limits. I was able to override these purchase restrictions...."

After that I could buy both expansion and all the gems I could ever need  😄

So it is possible,they just have to manually clear whatever is blocking   o.O

I've had this same issue aswell, been getting really frustrated with it cause I dont have the gold to convert into gems. I also don't have access to gem cards as I live in NZ. Honestly feels like I've been cut off from the game and might miss out on some limited time items.

I get the error code 80808, filed a ticked with screenshots maybe like twice now. Just let me throw my money at you anet

3 hours ago, rozay.3015 said:

I've had this same issue aswell, been getting really frustrated with it cause I dont have the gold to convert into gems. I also don't have access to gem cards as I live in NZ. Honestly feels like I've been cut off from the game and might miss out on some limited time items.

I get the error code 80808, filed a ticked with screenshots maybe like twice now. Just let me throw my money at you anet

Try buying at GameCardsDirect or GameLiebe and pay with PayPal.

PayPal will convert the Euro price to NZ dollars.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/big-sales-on-gem-cards-and-guild-wars-2-path-of-fire-this-weekend/

On 11/22/2021 at 11:39 PM, Rarnammon.1374 said:

When usig iDeal, with some banks you can click on their icon and get taken to their banking environment. But using ING doesn't work like that.
And selecting the bank in the selection box below and clicking continue also doesn't work.

Ing user here, too and same problem. I click on continue aaaaaaand... nothing.

On 11/27/2021 at 4:57 PM, Milar.4930 said:

Update...found the right support person it seems  🙂

"..your purchase attempts were caught in our general security checks and purchase limits. I was able to override these purchase restrictions...."

After that I could buy both expansion and all the gems I could ever need  😄

So it is possible,they just have to manually clear whatever is blocking   o.O

They told me same, but today ive tried again to buy gems for that new skyscale skin, and still getting error :x

Update:  opened another ticket and now they telling me that my bank is rejecting payments.  Gonna ask my bank if this is true. Ill update this later on. 

Edited by KrivukasLT.3507
  • Like 1

I'm also unable to buy gems, but I really want the new skyscale skin.  Surely it can't be a problem with my bank because I literally just spent money on another game a few minutes ago without issue.  Really hoping this gets figured out while that skin is still available because if I miss out on it I'm gonna be pretty salty.

• Like 1

Since I still can't buy gems using iDEAL, I caved and tried using my creditcard. The payment went through and I got my gems. Which would be great news if it weren't for the fact that my bank promptly blocked my creditcard. 😧

Something's really messed up with the new payment methods.

I'm getting an error 80003 when I try to redeem Amazon Gem Cards or use the payment I had already linked and used previously with the new system.  They asked for a copy of my .dmp file and I sent it.  Then I got this:

At this time, we are currently aware of this issue and our QA and development teams are looking into it.
Future updates regarding this will be posted on the official forums.

Is anyone else getting error 80003?  I see people mentioning other error codes.  I tried the Amazon cards on different GW2 accounts that I have (I have 4) and got the same error message on all the accounts.

• Sad 1