Look at them ratios

CrashTheGrey.1492

Some of the PVP Top ranks as of close:
Mur: 109 wins to 11 losses, 1st place
Mecto: 119 wins to 4 losses, 3rd place
nonameaccount: 101 wins to 19 losses, 5th place
Ares: 150 wins to 27 losses, 7th place

Para: 153 wins to 23 losses, 8th place

all i gotta say is... hmmm, those numbers look a little off.

sPvP is still a giant meme, and Anet still hasn't fixed anything.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 9
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Titansteel.8627 said:

This explains why the last 2 weeks of this tournament have been one of the worst competitive experiences I've had in gaming. Ever. My best matches have been the ones where half the match consists of bots because bots dont win trade.

The bots are there because people use them to throw.

People run multi-window applications and synch queue with their bots, and then have the bots throw for them.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lacdanon.1483 said:

Have played with and against Mecto and Mur multiple times they que in AUS primetime

Mur and Mecto are top level players I don't doubt that. Problem is game quality drops hard after NA west coast time is over. Aussie/Asian/EU time is chaos and mess. 

Leaderboard sucks but my advise to everyone is, despite the alleged huge ratings gap, these duos are NOT unbeatable. Never give up. If it land slides, use to opportunity to fight or request a friendly duel. Most of the time, they will respond w/o being jerks. 

My pug team vs Mecto's duo

Mecto is pretty good but I get more tense going against Naru, Cjay, 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

11 hours ago, CrashTheGrey.1492 said:

Some of the PVP Top ranks as of close:
Mur: 109 wins to 11 losses, 1st place
Mecto: 119 wins to 4 losses, 3rd place
nonameaccount: 101 wins to 19 losses, 5th place
Ares: 150 wins to 27 losses, 7th place

Para: 153 wins to 23 losses, 8th place

all i gotta say is... hmmm, those numbers look a little off.

sPvP is still a giant meme, and Anet still hasn't fixed anything.

NA looks silly compared to EU:

1st - 99/21

2nd - 167/109

3rd - 308/137

4th - 90/38

5th - 375/233

6th - 172/123

7th - 152/120

8th - 111/67

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Morwath.9817 said:

NA looks silly compared to EU:

1st - 99/21

2nd - 167/109

3rd - 308/137

4th - 90/38

5th - 375/233

6th - 172/123

7th - 152/120

8th - 111/67

Tho eu has a lot more good players and higher competition and a bigger prime time. 

If eu continues to die, it will be at one point the same as in na, 2 very good players que in offhours and win basicly every game (not that they don't do it already) 

Whatever is going on in ranked right now I really don't care, but I gotta speak up for Mecto on this one.

He is one of maybe 5 players in NA right now that can consistently beat me in 1v1 engagements lately. Say what you will about Mecto, but he is actually one of the best Heralds right now.

Edited by Trevor Boyer.6524
  • Haha 8
  • Confused 3

I think builds have a lot to do with those ratios. We're in sort of a weird sustainy battleship type meta where stuff like core carrion necro and condi ren can flourish and carry pretty hard. Most professions have builds like this. The combination of sustain, long duration skill effects and ranged dmg pressure are oppressive to most other playstyles that don't have a lot of ranged or long-term sustain. I played a meme carrion burn build on core warrior for the latter half of this last season. Spellbreaker never as relevant as my burn ticks cranking at 1,200 range *.* Most of my pressure vs good players came from spamming autos 😐 Ranked is feeling really forgotten about at the moment so I am looking forward to seeing what EoD brings playstyle wise. #Copium 

10 minutes ago, Zagerus.8675 said:

I think builds have a lot to do with those ratios. We're in sort of a weird sustainy battleship type meta where stuff like core carrion necro and condi ren can flourish and carry pretty hard. Most professions have builds like this. The combination of sustain, long duration skill effects and ranged dmg pressure are oppressive to most other playstyles that don't have a lot of ranged or long-term sustain. I played a meme carrion burn build on core warrior for the latter half of this last season. Spellbreaker never as relevant as my burn ticks cranking at 1,200 range *.* Most of my pressure vs good players came from spamming autos 😐 Ranked is feeling really forgotten about at the moment so I am looking forward to seeing what EoD brings playstyle wise. #Copium 

The fact that some of these people q off hours and make sure there team is like 4 necros or holos or rev when going against all gold players is insane.

as an experiment I took an off meta build and climbed from 1500 to 1750 in 2 days during prime time. Not that I wanted to keep it

I’m not surprised at these near perfect being barely in legend

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

Whatever is going on in ranked right now I really don't care, but I gotta speak up for Mecto on this one.

He is one of maybe 5 players in NA right now that can consistently beat me in 1v1 engagements lately. He is in really polished shape right now.

If you're going to defend Mecto, then you're not allowed to go on insane rants about wintrading and multiboxing anymore. Be consistent.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Paradoxoglanis.1904 said:

But they made a forum post saying dont wintrade. Didnt that fix everything?

very few names got banned, the whole drama was about gismo selling, they ban a few wintraders that to say "see we doing something" i don't expect they doing a second ban wave if we don't have a big drama again.

I don't actually expect they doing anything after EoD release, they only taking actions cuz they don't want look bad pre launch and let that affect their sales

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Testudo.4620 said:

If you're going to defend Mecto, then you're not allowed to go on insane rants about wintrading and multiboxing anymore. Be consistent.

Did I defend anything?

Thus the comment about me not caring what is happening in ranked.

All I said is that he is definitely in peak shape right now as a Herald player.

• Confused 2

8 minutes ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

Did I defend anything?

Thus the comment about me not caring what is happening in ranked.

All I said is that he is definitely in peak shape right now as a Herald player.

"I gotta speak up for Mecto"

"I'm not defending Mecto"

• Like 3