Trailblazer - the joke needs to end

Mattmatt.4962

53 minutes ago, Mattmatt.4962 said:

Title says it all

That kitten stat needs to be deleted, EVERY SINGLE roamer is using that, no build diversity, no fun allowed, run trailblazer or just go kitten your kitten.

I roam quite a lot, have done for years - never used trailblazer. Your assertion is therefore incorrect.

• Like 14
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Nidome.1365 said:

I roam quite a lot, have done for years - never used trailblazer. Your assertion is therefore incorrect.

So do i, very funny.

2 hours ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

Trailblazer is wasted stats in most engagements since the enemy brings cleanses.

But as I've said before, I fully agree on one condition - all 4 stat gear is removed. Minstrels, marauders, the lot.

Actually an idea worth thinking. So would you revert the "recent" celestial buff ?

Btw, i'm running the maximum anti condi someone can possibly run (antitoxin, chill/cripple/immo/ 98% reduction, cleansing sigil) and still can just /ff almost every trailblazer encounter.

Edited by Mattmatt.4962
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 6

9 minutes ago, Xenesis.6389 said:

I have more problems with CC than condi these days...

CC is a problem when the CC player is not alone. That leads to the fact that they either outnumbered you, eitheir outplayed you by proper shoutcalling. That i dont have any problem with.

4 minutes ago, Hotride.2187 said:

Where it gets really dumb is when 3-4 players are running trailblazer condi builds and have 1-2 minstrel/celestial supports with them. Good luck killing that with random roamers.

Yeah i remember a guild doing that before the condi rev nerf, teamcomp was 2ministrel (ele and engi) rest of condi rev (4more player at max). Unless you brought a proper bus to crush them, unkillable by roamers

Edited by Mattmatt.4962
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Mattmatt.4962 said:

CC is a problem when the CC player is not alone. That leads to the fact that they either outnumbered you, eitheir outplayed you by proper shoutcalling. That i dont have any problem with.

Yeah i remember a guild doing that before the condi rev nerf, teamcomp was 2ministrel (ele and engi) rest of condi rev (4more player at max). Unless you brought a proper bus to crush them, unkillable by roamers

That's the reason why we now have support comp groups running in roaming, because stability or cleansing is the only thing to combat this. Stupid this game doesn't have diminishing returns on cc, or that cc breakers (on a longer cooldown than cc mind you) don't also give a period of relief, meanwhile you can be chain cc'd to death. No instead you're forced to bring a stability friend as the catch all to fix it. Just yesterday saw a cc war and rev tearing up people. Pretty hard to find a decent solo experience when all you're running into is stealthers, immobilizers, cc'ers, all running with friends, haven't bothered to roam in months and probably never will again.

• Like 7
  • Confused 1

47 minutes ago, Xenesis.6389 said:

That's the reason why we now have support comp groups running in roaming, because stability or cleansing is the only thing to combat this. Stupid this game doesn't have diminishing returns on cc, or that cc breakers (on a longer cooldown than cc mind you) don't also give a period of relief, meanwhile you can be chain cc'd to death. No instead you're forced to bring a stability friend as the catch all to fix it. Just yesterday saw a cc war and rev tearing up people. Pretty hard to find a decent solo experience when all you're running into is stealthers, immobilizers, cc'ers, all running with friends, haven't bothered to roam in months and probably never will again.

It's actually funny, because when you actually meet one of these in the open and they feel that they won't win the fight, they'll run to the nearest objective to hide behind walls.
WvW became such clown fiesta with all the powercreep on pretty much everything...

I don’t see it as a problem.  If a solo roamer has Trailblazer stats you can just walk away since they can’t burst.  If it is a comped group don’t fight them head on since they have more sustain.  Just range, kite, and cloud them.  Or just keep them busy and don’t commit until you get numbers.

6 hours ago, Mattmatt.4962 said:

Title says it all

That kitten stat needs to be deleted, EVERY SINGLE roamer is using that, no build diversity, no fun allowed, run trailblazer or just go kitten your kitten.

Delete minstrels, nomads, etc as well.

51 minutes ago, Dagger.2035 said:

I don’t see it as a problem.  If a solo roamer has Trailblazer stats you can just walk away since they can’t burst.  If it is a comped group don’t fight them head on since they have more sustain.  Just range, kite, and cloud them.  Or just keep them busy and don’t commit until you get numbers.

Ok and when your entire 3 hour WvW experience is "walking away from PvP", you question why you zoned into PvP in the first place

2 hours ago, Xenesis.6389 said:

That's the reason why we now have support comp groups running in roaming, because stability or cleansing is the only thing to combat this. Stupid this game doesn't have diminishing returns on cc, or that cc breakers (on a longer cooldown than cc mind you) don't also give a period of relief, meanwhile you can be chain cc'd to death.

Uhhhhhh

This games CC is really bad.  All CC is so short and has such long cooldowns generally longer than CC breaks. I've CCed someone 3 times in a row and they broke all 3 CC's back to back to back. CC not existing is actually the biggest problem with this games PvP, because you can't punish someone for mistakes and set up kills. It's just spamming DPS and HPS mindlessly until someone wins.

Edited by Shiyo.3578
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 4

30 minutes ago, Dagger.2035 said:

I’m pointing out the downsides of running tanky gear.  You lose kills since you don’t have burst.  You have to hope the opponent will not kite and take you head on.

Fire weaver has crazy burst..as does druid and any rev condi build.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

24 minutes ago, Mattmatt.4962 said:

Claiming that condi builds have no burst is outrageous tbh.

That’s not what I said.  When you run all trailblazers, you give up a lot of offensive stats (including condition damage) for lower damage, longer duration conditions.  

A player using  a condition build or power build which runs more offensive stats and proper dodging/kiting is more likely to win a duel.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Dagger.2035 said:

That’s not what I said.  When you run all trailblazers, you give up a lot of offensive stats (including condition damage) for lower damage, longer duration conditions.  

A player using  a condition build or power build which runs more offensive stats and proper dodging/kiting is more likely to win a duel.

All the best 1v1 builds are sustain condi bunkers..

There's a reason trailblazers doesn't exist in spvp.

Edited by Shiyo.3578
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

15 minutes ago, Shiyo.3578 said:

All the best 1v1 builds are sustain condi bunkers..

There's a reason trailblazers doesn't exist in spvp.

They are actually noob killer builds.  Any decent player should be able to disengage if they are being out sustained.  A good player running offensive stats is more of a threat.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Shiyo.3578 said:

Running away is the same as losing.

It’s not it’s a draw if they decide not to bring enough damage to secure a kill.  Why play to another build’s strengths?

It’s kind of like other players being upset about not being able to kill a thief.  Just ignore the thief and deny them content.  Make them engage you outnumbered at a disadvantage so it is more easy to kill them.  It basically makes a roaming thief irrelevant.

• Like 3

lol - When I solo roam, I use a condi renegade with a full kit of trailblazer gear. With that, I can comfortably take down sentries, supply camps, and shrines. When I run into enemy players with that build, 95 times out of a hundred I end up dying in a Tier 1 or Tier 2 match up. I really am that old and slow.  On Tier 3 or 4 matches though, I only die about 50% of the time. So the trailblazer gear is not some kind of invulnerable tank. It would be nice if that gear made me unkillable but I suspect that the combat outcome actually comes down to the skill of the respective players, as it should.

Edited by Chichimec.9364
  • Like 2