All Orphans matter !!!

Balsa.3951

I realise you probably don't want a serious answer, but in case anyone else is wondering:

• Sylvari don't have families, except the Pale Tree and they're 'born' as full grown independent adults so the concept of an orphan doesn't exist in their society.
  • Charr are all raised by their Legion in the Fahrar and aren't supposed to have much contact with their parents after they're weaned.
  • Asuran orphans become a ward of one of the Colleges until they're adults.

So other than humans it's only norn who might have orphans in need of charity. A better question would be why those races don't have similar social safety nets to the charr and asura. (Although for the norn that's because they've always been very independent and believe everyone needs to stand or fail on their own merits.)

Although there are examples of orphans of other races, raised outside their society. There's an asura in Lion's Arch who adopted a charr cub and a human child after Scarlet's attack killed their parents. (I seem to remember seeing a conversation in old LA between some charr about setting up an interracial fahrar for local children, but I'm not sure if that actually exists even in lore, it's not seen in the game.)

Also in past years Ho-Ho-Tron was raising money to rebuild Lion's Arch, which included helping members of all races, so they do get charity when it's needed. We just don't contribute as directly.

Edited by Danikat.8537
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Balsa.3951 said:

Why do we only take care of human orphans?

Charrs, Asuras, Norn and sylvari all suffered thru the year.

with all the Political correctness Anet shows I hope wintersday can be more inclusive to all races.

AMEN and cheers 

Could you explain what a Sylvari orphan is?

• Haha 3

10 hours ago, Parasite.5389 said:

Could you explain what a Sylvari orphan is?

Malyck, perhaps? 🤪

Otherwise, it's been pretty well covered - Asura, Charr have other mechanisms, Norn just seem to take in whoever needs it as a societal thing, and Sylvari don't have orphans.

The concept of an "orphanage", a warehouse for kids without parent(s), seems to be a strictly Human one.

Edited by galen ubal.2807
add a thought

On 12/15/2021 at 7:22 AM, Balsa.3951 said:

Why do we only take care of human orphans?

Charrs, Asuras, Norn and sylvari all suffered thru the year.

with all the Political correctness Anet shows I hope wintersday can be more inclusive to all races.

AMEN and cheers 

The only orphans who matter, are Quaggan ones.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Fueki.4753 said:

Possibly even daily, given that not all key farmers might do it on the same day and there likely also are new players doing it, who are just testing the game.

It's no wonder, really, that the main door is so easy to break. Poor folks probably ran outta wood a long time ago, so they keep recycling the same planks.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3