One of the failed promises, and it is ignored...

Crab Fear.1624

So, its been years, and if the new Anet is trying to fix mistakes of the old Anet, are you ever gonna end the no teams trial?

Remember when solo/duo queue was only supposed to be a trial, and you said you were gonna do a poll to see if it should be kept permanent, but you never did?

Pepperidge Farm Remembers:

On 4/23/2018 at 10:08 PM, Crab Fear.1624 said:
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 6

4 hours ago, Spellhunter.9675 said:

I remember when there was solo Q and team Q, and noone gives a kitten about team Q.

SO

Then it wouldnt be a problem for teams to come back and the queue to be merged.

Not enough people care enough for it to affect anything.

Cause no one gives a baby cat about it....

• Confused 6

46 minutes ago, Crab Fear.1624 said:

SO

It would be a problem. There should be separated solo Q and team Q (which you have in form of AT and mAT). Teams vs randoms is countercompetitive for both parties. 

TeamQ-only may be good for someone. But for me personally and for many others solo Q is the preferable way. If somehow I wanted to play social games I wouldn't even look at GW2.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Avatar.3568 said:

I remember when we had split q and me and the bois got still stomped by 5 randoms even tho we had voice

Because better players are just bettrt

I remember there was spiky wall. You would eventually hit rating as soloQ, where you would mostly play against teams of players of similar skill to your or higher, but coordinating on voice, with tailored setup. Not really fun experience.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Morwath.9817 said:

I remember there was spiky wall. You would eventually hit rating as soloQ, where you would mostly play against teams of players of similar skill to your or higher, but coordinating on voice, with tailored setup. Not really fun experience.

When you hit a spiky wall with soloQ you are already in the top 0.5% is that not enaugh? 

10 hours ago, Spellhunter.9675 said:

I remember when there was solo Q and team Q, and noone gives a kitten about team Q.

This is just false propaganda up & down.

There were so so so many people back then who REALLY cared about Team Queue. That was back when esports were still real. My dude, there were so many people forming guilds and trying hard in Team Queue to try and be good enough to make money playing this game, it was a lot.

Queue times were like 2:30 on average in those days, for Team Queue even.

You could stand in the mist lobby and quite seriously count hundreds and hundreds of players standing around you at any given time of day.

The population really did take an enormous dive upon the exact time frame when they decided to kill off the original guild team league seasons, leave the ESL, and turn the queue system into solo/duo ranked. We lost like 50% of the community in about a month's timeframe, and have been consistently losing more ever since.

Crab Fear said that "Removing Team Queue was a Thanos Snap" and he was right about that.

Edited by Trevor Boyer.6524
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

12 hours ago, Avatar.3568 said:

When you hit a spiky wall with soloQ you are already in the top 0.5% is that not enaugh? 

the higher you go the more important team comp is, and going against 5man premade while having 4 randoms can and will make unwinnable matches fairly often, which is just miserable all around.
People whine every week about it with duoQ, just imagine how bad it gets with 5man.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Crab Fear.1624 said:

SO

You're right, not enough people care... way to defeat your own point lol. Why bother tinkering with PvP at all?

4 hours ago, Crab Fear.1624 said:

Straight up lie folks, right here, look right here.

kitten cold straight face lie.

On EU people complained that we had 30 minute ques, and when match finaly happened it was ESL team vs group of friends playing for fun. As you may guess, it made ques even more dead.

Edited by Morwath.9817
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

There were so so so many people back then who REALLY cared about Team Queue.

Ye, like people who Q'ed solo in both solo Q and team Q for faster Q.

12 hours ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

That was back when esports were still real. My dude, there were so many people forming guilds and trying hard in Team Queue to try and be good enough to make money playing this game, it was a lot.

Team Q had nothing to do with esport back then. Do you even know what was the chance for 2 pro teams to meet each other in team Q?

13 hours ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

Queue times were like 2:30 on average in those days, for Team Queue even.

You could stand in the mist lobby and quite seriously count hundreds and hundreds of players standing around you at any given time of day.

These two sentences are contradict to each other. If there were hundreds of teamQ lovers, Q times should be lower than 1 minute at almost any rating.

13 hours ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

The population really did take an enormous dive upon the exact time frame when they decided to kill off the original guild team league seasons, leave the ESL, and turn the queue system into solo/duo ranked. We lost like 50% of the community in about a month's timeframe, and have been consistently losing more ever since.

We were loosing PvP community even during esport was a thing in GW2. Do you remember how much viewers esl weeklys had?

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Spellhunter.9675 said:

Ye, like people who Q'ed solo in both solo Q and team Q for faster Q.

Team Q had nothing to do with esport back then. Do you even know what was the chance for 2 pro teams to meet each other in team Q?

These two sentences are contradict to each other. If there were hundreds of teamQ lovers, Q times should be lower than 1 minute at almost any rating.

We were loosing PvP community even during esport was a thing in GW2. Do you remember how much viewers esl weeklys had?

Oh man you sure got me good.

All of those points you made really made sense.

1 hour ago, Morwath.9817 said:

On EU people complained that we had 30 minute ques, and when match finaly happened it was ESL team vs group of friends playing for fun. As you may guess, it made ques even more dead.

Thats the problem of teamq/soloQ, both mixed gives a lot more matches, even more than solo/duo. 

I know it's not nice to face a full voice comp, but when you are in this range you are in a position to get an other full premate team aswell 

An other idea would be to implement a voice chat for the matches. Than the voice comp wouldn't have that advantage, only that they know each other, in counterstrike and dota is that working pretty well

4 minutes ago, Avatar.3568 said:

Thats the problem of teamq/soloQ, both mixed gives a lot more matches, even more than solo/duo. 

I know it's not nice to face a full voice comp, but when you are in this range you are in a position to get an other full premate team aswell 

An other idea would be to implement a voice chat for the matches. Than the voice comp wouldn't have that advantage, only that they know each other, in counterstrike and dota is that working pretty well

Lets be honest, voice option should be in game regardless if we get teamQ mixed, or not.

Tbh GW1 GvG and guild ratings > whatever you can do with conquest ques.