Life from Death (Bug ?!?)

pierwola.9602

OP is right, Life from Death used to heal both the necro as well as allies. IDK if its a bug or an undocumented change but the casting necro no longer registers as an "ally" for the trait's healing. It would suck if it was an undocumented but intentional change as I seriously don't see the justification in nerfing this trait.

• Thanks 1

I noticed this for a while now, and got into getting back into playing Healing Scourge again, and so felt the need to search for a thread on this before posting one myself.

Yes, it's indeed bugged. The healing is happening while you're still in shroud, so the timing is off now. It only appears to work for Scourge only right now because Scourge has never had an independent health bar. Probably messed up from Harbinger tampering.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Dadnir.5038 said:

I'm yet again appalled to see how poor players memory is. I'll say it again, apart from scourge this trait never ever healed the necromancer, else it would have seen a lot more use than it ever did.

You are wrong. 

I am one and I am legion (Deathly Invigoration)

• 38:55 (necromancer 736 heal/ party members 736 heal)
  • 39:19 (necromancer 736 heal/ party members 736 heal)
  • 42:15 (necromancer 765 heal)

MrTherber2 (Life from Death)

• 0.41 (reaper 861 heal/ party members 939 heal)
  • 1.22 (reaper 629 heal/ party members 939/432 heal)
Edited by pierwola.9602
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, pierwola.9602 said:

You are wrong. 

I am one and I am legion (Deathly Invigoration)

• 38:55 (necromancer 736 heal/ party members 736 heal)
  • 39:19 (necromancer 736 heal/ party members 736 heal)
  • 42:15 (necromancer 765 heal)

MrTherber2 (Life from Death)

• 0.41 (reaper 861 heal/ party members 939 heal)
  • 1.22 (reaper 629 heal/ party members 939/432 heal)

Give me heal logs instead of video. There are many things that can trigger on leaving shroud while surrounded by allies.

• Like 1
  • Confused 5

7 hours ago, Dadnir.5038 said:

Give me heal logs instead of video. There are many things that can trigger on leaving shroud while surrounded by allies.

No, there really aren't.  The only things that can trigger are weapon swap sigils, Life From Death, Unholy Martyr, and Soul Barbs.  The last two can't heal and a Sigil of Renewal would require 1300 healing power to reach those numbers.  Watch the second video and the sigil gets ruled out anyway at 0:41 as it has only been 5 seconds since he entered Shroud (sigil would proc on entering and has 9 second cooldown).

Edited by Drarnor Kunoram.5180
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

• 1 month later...
On 12/28/2021 at 6:10 PM, Dadnir.5038 said:

Life from death healed used to heal both nec and 5 other players before this bug. I've been using that trait on cele builds to get good heal numbers when leaving shroud. Stop saying things like you know it when u are not top of things.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Bloody shame what i'm reading here..

OP is right. It used to heal necro on shroud exit. I've used it in the past, as i love experimenting with various necro stuff.
As for now - nothing changed save trait triggering before shroud exit. So core and reaper don't get the heal, while scourge who has no shroud but barriers instead does receive it.

Proof you ask? Trait Blood Bank. Then pop in and out of shroud. At 100% base health you'll get full value of Life from Death as barrier.

• Thanks 1

• 4 months later...
On 12/21/2021 at 9:30 PM, pierwola.9602 said:

Can someone tell me since when this trait (Life from Death) is bugged ???

It does not heal me anymore, unless i chose to play as Scourge.

There is no official mention of it not affecting the Necro, so you found a bug and can legitimately report it (even if it's already on the wiki, it doesn't hurt to remind people that it's still there)

Good catch

On 12/22/2021 at 2:55 AM, Dadnir.5038 said:

It never healed core and reaper in the first place. It's not a bug as the trait is intended to be a "support" trait and not a "sustain" trait.

yeah it actually did lol ive used it in pvp as support quite a bit and it definitely use to heal you too as the heal occurred after shroud is deactivated so you were eligible to get the heal if its not working now its because they broke it.. just like they broke plague signet (its not working right now either) 

• Thanks 1

• 6 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...