Can you stop asking for deep masteries on achievements?

6 minutes ago, Cynder.2509 said:

Just use a teleport to friend on a lfg squad offering help with the jumping puzzles. The commander is usually at the end of the puzzle and you can safely port there. Oh, don't forget to pay the one helping for their service  of course. 😉 Usually 5 to 10g or more are the fees depending on how easy the puzzle is. 

Note that people helping others do that because they want to and if I remember correctly, having "fees" for that isn't exactly supported (or even allowed, but since I don't intend to look for any official or even half-official statements, I'll stick with "not supported") -so "usually" it's free 😄  

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 6
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, Cynder.2509 said:

Just use a teleport to friend on a lfg squad offering help with the jumping puzzles. The commander is usually at the end of the puzzle and you can safely port there. Oh, don't forget to pay the one helping for their service  of course. 😉 Usually 5 to 10g or more are the fees depending on how easy the puzzle is. 

5-10g good one its free and send some silver if you want.

With your prices a person would max out their weekly mail limit in 50-100 people.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/8/2022 at 12:45 AM, Macabre.3829 said:

I'm a rather new player and I'm trying to do the season of the dragon, but I'm stuck because I don't have the oakheart mastery to grapple around. I can't do the jumping puzzle on the volcano map.
And that mastery is pretty deep in the tree, I will probably have to spend a week grinding only to get it. And now I have started fearing what the future is going to ask from me.

More mastery grinding to do the achievements? Should I even bother continuing?

I think you are taking it a bit out of context, it is "deep" for new players, who has nothing, but for many of us (targeted audience for leggy achievement), it was just some extra XP during launch. I don't think XP grind is that bad for S3 masteries, considering how event heavy some maps are.

• Like 4

On 1/7/2022 at 11:45 PM, Macabre.3829 said:

More mastery grinding to do the achievements? Should I even bother continuing?

HoT  is 1st by the number of  excess mastery points with 54 excess mastery points. 

Core Tyria is second by the number of excess mastery points, 34.

• Like 3

I always figured "achievements" were the additional, bonus, or challenge mode, so to speak. It's the, "I really want to do this to the uttermost," part of the game. A lot of achievements are about "okay, you did fine on this mission, but what if you had this extremely random condition to meet as well?"

If achievements are the bonus extra challenge mode, then it seems silly to say that having to complete a higher tier mastery to do some is unreasonable.

Edited by Gibson.4036
  • Like 4

If they're working on the season of dragons/return stuff, it means they are working towards the legendary pve amulet. You absolutely should expect to be doing a grind for a legendary item (and a free gen 3 precursor as well). Yes, it's a lot of work, as it is A LOT of content to go through, but it's INCENTIVE to play the game. You've been given SO MUCH CONTENT TO PLAY THROUGH.  Sit back, enjoy the game, play it through, and finish your masteries.

• Like 4

On 1/7/2022 at 11:13 PM, Sobx.1758 said:

Being required to play through the game's content in order to get specific achievements seems pretty reasonable to me. You don't "just deserve achievement/s for showing up". Play the game, get masteries, get achievements. It's not a race.

It's not a race, but if you turn up several years late and there's nobody on your map, you may have to wait until prime time for most of the things to be achievable. Expect them to get more and more difficult as the game ages and the population ever more spread out.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

One of the things that took me a long time to discover was that HoT adventures give mastery points. I tended to avoid adventures after failing at one repeatedly early on, but eventually dailies lead me to try them again. I discovered that some are not hard at all, and many only take a few repetitions to get the hang of their mechanics. I was surprised by the sudden influx of MPs I was getting.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1