Known Issue: Players being placed on the incorrect team

• ArenaNet Staff

We're aware of an issue where some players were placed on the incorrect team despite having selected the correct WvW guild prior to the deadline on Thursday night. We're still investigating the root cause of the issue.

If you're impacted by this issue, it would be helpful to know the following:

• What team were you placed on?
  • What team did you expect to be placed on?
  • Did you change/toggle your selected WvW guild after Thursday night, even briefly?
  • Have you shard/world transferred recently?
  • What is your default world when World Restructuring is disabled?
Edited by Josh Davis.7865
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

I was looking forward to playing this week but now the game not only isn't running right but I'm not even with my friends. Good job you are making it easy to quit the game!!

I received a warning for my post. they have not even come out with any updates or solutions thus far. what a joke and very disheartening!  

• What team were you placed on? First Haven
  • What team did you expect to be placed on? with the rest of CUTE guild
  • Did you change/toggle your selected WvW guild after Thursday night, even briefly? No
  • Have you shard/world transferred recently? No
  • What is your default world when World Restructuring is disabled? Tarnished Coast
Edited by McSorley.2345
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 6
  • Sad 1

I was place on Dragon's Claw

I expected to be on First Haven (per DHU guild being selected for world restructuring)

Yes, because I had trouble last time with world restructuring I tried selecting DHU again on Friday night just before reset to try to make doubly sure my selected guild was registered properly prior to reset... I think that is what resulted in my assignment getting messed up?

• Haha 1

• What team were you placed on? Seven Pines
  • What team did you expect to be placed on? Phoenix Dawn
  • Did you change/toggle your selected WvW guild after Thursday night, even briefly? No
  • What is your default world when World Restructuring is disabled? Sorrow's Furnace 
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Josh Davis.7865 said:

What team were you placed on?

• Did you change your selected WvW guild after Thursday night?
  • Have you shard/world transfered recently?

I was placed on Giant's Rise
I expected to be placed on Moogaloo(with my guild and friends), alternatively it was possible I'd be placed on Skrittsburg.
No
No
Darkhaven

Since it was announced that it would be by guild and friendlist, I assumed that I would be placed in a world WITH the people I normally play with, who are also the people I am in guild with. Once again, I am with NOBODY AT ALL that I know.  There are 2 people in my blocked list on my assigned world. There are NO Darkhaven people with me.

According to the WvW text, I am with Maguuma, Stormbluff Isle, and Sorrow's Furnace. A person on map chat indicated that NSP was also there.  I have never been on any of these servers nor do I have anyone on my friendlist that I play with regularly on these servers.

Edited by Doll Mistress.9267
Additional information
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

• What team were you placed on?   Phoenix Dawn 
  • What team did you expect to be placed on?   Moogooloo
  • Did you change/toggle your selected WvW guild after Thursday night, even briefly?  No
  • Have you shard/world transferred recently?    No
  • What is your default world when World Restructuring is disabled?  Darkhaven

I had checkmarked my wvw guild before the last beta, and hadn't fiddled with it since, so it wasn't a 'fresh' selection prior to 1/13 deadline.  I don't know if that makes a difference, but thought I'd mention that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• What team were you placed on?   Giants Rise
  • What team did you expect to be placed on?   Seven pines
  • Did you change/toggle your selected WvW guild after Thursday night, even briefly?  yes toggle it on and off today but deffinity had the right one
  • Have you shard/world transferred recently?    No
  • What is your default world when World Restructuring is disabled?  Devonas Rest

Will there be a fix or out of luck for a week?

• Haha 1

Hello,

• Thornwatch
    • Reaper's Corridor
  • Did you change/toggle your selected WvW guild after Thursday night, even briefly?
    • Yup, pretty sure I did briefly to confirm it was still changeable at around 6PM EST
    • Nope
    • Jade Quarry

Best of luck with finding the root cause!

Edited by Bipen.5437
  • Haha 1

• What team were you placed on? Griffonfall
  • What team did you expect to be placed on?  Giant's Rise
  • Did you change/toggle your selected WvW guild after Thursday night, even briefly?  No
  • What is your default world when World Restructuring is disabled?  Ferguson's Crossing
  • Haha 1

• What team were you placed on? -- Reaper's Corridor
  • What team did you expect to be placed on? -- Giant's Rise
  • Did you change/toggle your selected WvW guild after Thursday night, even briefly? -- My selection seemed to have become unchecked. I checked it again right before reset happened.
  • Have you shard/world transferred recently? -- No
  • What is your default world when World Restructuring is disabled? -- Tarnished Coast

If it helps, I was locked out of WvW entirely (none of the matches would load) until I restarted my client entirely once reset happened.

I also understand it's Beta, and these things happen! If it can't be fixed, no worries, I'll run with some other guilds for the week!

Edited by Bristingr.5034
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Josh Davis.7865 said:

We're aware of an issue where some players were placed on the incorrect team despite having selected the correct WvW guild prior to the deadline on Thursday night. We're still investigating the root cause of the issue.

If you're impacted by this issue, it would be helpful to know the following:

Ok, so I selected my guild  for the WvW beta a few days ago (mind you it was still pre-selected from the last beta).

1. I was placed in Skritsburg
2. The rest of my guild was placed in Seven Pines
3. Yes, I toggled it off to nothing and then back on to my guild (before it was locked)

4. I have not transferred lately
5. Borliss Pass is my home world.

I could still see my guild in the map (both minimap and world map) in spite of being on enemy servers.  I repped another Guild and still could see them on map (now yellow dots, not blue).

https://ibb.co/FJXhkC7

I then tried tagging up myself, to see if I could reset the squad view mechanic... no luck

https://ibb.co/r6N4d38

So yeah, there's a plethora of issues relating to this unfortunately.

• Haha 1

• What team were you placed on? -- Moogooloo
  • What team did you expect to be placed on? -- Thornwatch
  • Did you change/toggle your selected WvW guild after Thursday night, even briefly? -- My selection seemed to have become unchecked. I checked it again right before reset happened.
  • Have you shard/world transferred recently? -- No
  • What is your default world when World Restructuring is disabled? -- Yak's Bend

I would really like to transfer teams to Thornwatch  so I can enjoy the week with my friends.

Your help is much appreciated. Thank you.

• Haha 1

What team were you placed on? Moogaloo

What team did you expect to be placed on? Skrittsburgh

Did you change/toggle your selected WvW guild after Thursday night, even briefly? no left it on the selected guild

Have you shard/world transferred recently? No

What is your default world when World Restructuring is disabled? Sanctum of Roll

When i was trying to select a map it said choose a guild when i already had XXXL for my selected alliance and then i guessed they made me a pug and just randomly put me anywhere hope its fixed love yall

• Haha 1

1. What team were you placed on?  Giant's Rise
  2. What team did you expect to be placed on? Moogooloo
  3. Did you change/toggle your selected WvW guild after Thursday night, even briefly?  Not after the cutoff
  4. Have you shard/world transferred recently?  No
  5. What is your default world when World Restructuring is disabled? Sea of Sorrows

Last night, about 4 hours before the cutoff, I left a guild (g4) and joined a new one, and moved my selected alliance from g5 to g4. Today I was sorted into the alliance of my g3, and it showed I had selected that guild even though I am quite sure I did not (I checked multiple times before reset). I do notice now when I try to change which guild on the alliance menu that if I try to move from another guild to g4, often it will show as checked for a second then either become deselected or move to another guild even though I did not click it (This only happens for g4, the guild I had wanted to be sorted with; selecting any other guild doesn't have any issues).

Edit: Just remembered to mention that g3 is also my bank guild, and I am the only active member of it.

Edited by Vasera.4107
  • Haha 1

• What team were you placed on? -- Moogooloo/Giant’s rise. Not sure since it is glitched 
  • What team did you expect to be placed on? -- First Haven
  • Did you change/toggle your selected WvW guild after Thursday night, even briefly? -- I did check the box again to confirm before reset.
  • What is your default world when World Restructuring is disabled? -- Devon’s Rest 
Edited by TheRainmaker.9675
  • Haha 1

• What team were you placed on? -- Not Sure
  • What team did you expect to be placed on? -- First Haven
  • Did you change/toggle your selected WvW guild after Thursday night, even briefly? -- I did   NOT    check the box again to confirm before reset.
  • What is your default world when World Restructuring is disabled? -- SOS

• Haha 1

• What team were you placed on? Skritsburg
  • What team did you expect to be placed on?  Silent Woods (where the majority of the guild that i selected is) 
  • Did you change/toggle your selected WvW guild after Thursday night, even briefly?  No (my box for the guild choice was locked in as of Wednesday and i never changed it)
  • Have you shard/world transferred recently? No
  • What is your default world when World Restructuring is disabled? Gandara
  • Haha 2

• What team were you placed on? Skritsburg
  • What team did you expect to be placed on?  Same as guild (Giant's Foot)
  • Did you change/toggle your selected WvW guild after Thursday night, even briefly? Not at all, last changed well over a week before Thursday. After the beta launched, I clicked not on the check mark, and confirmed my selection. (I think, I skimmed the message.)
  • Have you shard/world transferred recently? Never
  • What is your default world when World Restructuring is disabled? Unknown
  • Additional Note: I have never launched any WvW content before this. Only engagement has been selecting my guild.
Edited by Draken.7953
  • Haha 1

What team were you placed on? Moogaloo

What team did you expect to be placed on? Skrittsburgh

Did you change/toggle your selected WvW guild after Thursday night, even briefly? no left it on the selected guild

Have you shard/world transferred recently? No

What is your default world when World Restructuring is disabled? Sanctum of Roll

Moogaloo was the team i was on in the last beta,  even though i had my alliance checked, and that alliance got assigned to Skrittsburgh it left me on Moogaloo

• Haha 1

• What team were you placed on? Titan's Staircase
  • What team did you expect to be placed on? Seven Pines
  • Did you change/toggle your selected WvW guild after Thursday night, even briefly? Yes
  • What is your default world when World Restructuring is disabled? Sea of Sorrows
  • Haha 1

1. What team were you placed on? - First Haven
  2. What team did you expect to be placed on? - Same as selected guild (Phoenix Dawn)
  3. Did you change/toggle your selected WvW guild after Thursday night, even briefly? - Haven't changed since before the first WvW Beta test, when I originally selected my guild. My selection was still checked in the window.
  4. Have you shard/world transferred recently? - No
  5. What is your default world when World Restructuring is disabled? - Sea Of Sorrows

Additional Note: Below the Account Guilds area of the WvW restructuring beta window, I had the option to select a world, after selecting the world my guild was assigned to (Phoenix Dawn) and relogging, I was changed from First Haven to Phoenix Dawn (Not sure if this was added as a temporary fix or if this was intended? I don't see this option anymore).

Edited by Travisbrox.6734
  • Haha 1