Known Issue: Players being placed on the incorrect team

On 1/14/2022 at 9:45 PM, Josh Davis.7865 said:

We're aware of an issue where some players were placed on the incorrect team despite having selected the correct WvW guild prior to the deadline on Thursday night. We're still investigating the root cause of the issue.

If you're impacted by this issue, it would be helpful to know the following:

• What team were you placed on? Dragon's Claw
  • What team did you expect to be placed on? Thornwatch
  • Did you change/toggle your selected WvW guild after Thursday night, even briefly? no
  • Have you shard/world transferred recently? no
  • What is your default world when World Restructuring is disabled? Anvil Rock

• Thanks 1

• What team were you placed on?      Grenth´s Door
  • What team did you expect to be placed on?     Fortune´s Vale
  • Did you change/toggle your selected WvW guild after Thursday night, even briefly?    No
  • Have you shard/world transferred recently?   no
  • What is your default world when World Restructuring is disabled?   Dzagonur
  • Haha 1

• What team were you placed on? Stonefall
  • What team did you expect to be placed on? Giants Rise
  • Did you change/toggle your selected WvW guild after Thursday night, even briefly? not that im aware of
  • What is your default world when World Restructuring is disabled? Ehmry Bay
  • Haha 1

• What team were you placed on? Reaper's Corridor
  • What team did you expect to be placed on? Giant's Rise
  • Did you change/toggle your selected WvW guild after Thursday night, even briefly? Re-ticked it to be safe, but before thursday I think.
  • Have you shard/world transferred recently? nope
  • What is your default world when World Restructuring is disabled? Abaddons Mouth
  • Haha 1

1. Moogooloo

2. Have no idea atm.  Placed in Moogooloo the last time. 

3. No

4. World transferred last year on or around July/August to Ferguson's Crossing.

5. Ferguson's Crossing (I would like to be back in my home word please). 

Not to complain but I don't speak french and my german is rusty.  Also,  queues are terrible.  We are missing out on tickets.  There is a fix to this whole alliance failure.  Keep the players in there respective worlds to start with.  Then through a pop up, ask players to temporarily port over to another world server for 100 gold per day until they can get back to their world.

ps....and an extra 500 tickets / week 😁

• Sad 1

On 1/15/2022 at 4:45 AM, Josh Davis.7865 said:
  • What team were you placed on? Skrittsburgh
  • What team did you expect to be placed on? [ AOE ] Allianz of Elona 
  • Did you change/toggle your selected WvW guild after Thursday night, even briefly?  no 
  • What is your default world when World Restructuring is disabled? Elona Reach

• Haha 1

• What team were you placed on?
  • I don’t know
  • What team did you expect to be placed on?
  • titans staircase
  • Did you change/toggle your selected WvW guild after Thursday night, even briefly?
  • yes I switched it off and on to [Ojs]
  • Have you shard/world transferred recently?
    no
  • What is your default world when World Restructuring is disabled?
  • Borlis Pass
  • Haha 1

What team were you placed on? Moogooloo
What team did you expect to be placed on? Reapers Corridor
Did you change/toggle your selected WvW guild after Thursday night, even briefly? yes, may be. but i never change my alliance guild
Have you shard/world transferred recently? No
What is your default world when World Restructuring is disabled? Anvil Rock

Note(I did not connect for the WvW reset)

• Haha 1

• What team were you placed on? Seven Pines
  • What team did you expect to be placed on? Phoenix Dawn with alliance XY
  • Did you change/toggle your selected WvW guild after Thursday night, even briefly? Yes, I changed it right before reset because I had left it toggled for weeks prior and wasn't sure if resetting it briefly would change anything. 
  • What is your default world when World Restructuring is disabled? Fort Aspenwood
  • Haha 1

What team were you placed on?

First Haven

What team did you expect to be placed on?

Skrittsburgh

Did you change/toggle your selected WvW guild after Thursday night, even briefly?

Me & one of my friend joined the guild a day before the reset, I joined first and he joined few hours later as well as selected the corresponding guild, but he was assigned to the correct server (new guild's) and I'm still remained in the old guild's server. For more specific detail, he left the old guild but I didn't, but we both did selected the correct guild (new guild) for world restructuring.

Have you shard/world transferred recently?

No

What is your default world when World Restructuring is disabled?

Eredon Terrace

Edited by Blueberry.8095
  • Haha 1

I am writing the following info for a guildmate (not my own account )

Displayname of the account:  duke.5486

What team were you placed on?  No team was assigned

What team did you expect to be placed on? The team thats assigned to my WvW guild (but there was no team assigned to my wvw guild)

Did you change/toggle your selected WvW guild after Thursday night, even briefly? No

Have you shard/world transferred recently? No

What is your default world when World Restructuring is disabled? Abaddon's Mouth

Edited by Zok.4956
  • Haha 1

• What team were you placed on? Phoenix Dawn
  • What team did you expect to be placed on? Fortunes Vale
  • Did you change/toggle your selected WvW guild after Thursday night, even briefly? No
  • Have you shard/world transferred recently? No
  • What is your default world when World Restructuring is disabled? Unknown
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Tinnel.4369 said:

What’s that got to do with anything?

Is that a serious question?  Devs are humans too.  It's not like they're on-call or get paid overtime during the weekends.  Unionization rates are already pretty low in the gaming industry.

Let some data collection happen on this thread then they'll get to it and respond once they back at work and have discovered something.  Just some patience.

Edited by Chaba.5410
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

• What team were you placed on? Seven Pines
  • What team did you expect to be placed on? Reaper's Corridor
  • Did you change/toggle your selected WvW guild after Thursday night, even briefly? no
  • What is your default world when World Restructuring is disabled? Underworld
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Chaba.5410 said:

Is that a serious question?  Devs are humans too.  It's not like they're on-call or get paid overtime during the weekends.  Unionization rates are already pretty low in the gaming industry.

Let some data collection happen on this thread then they'll get to it and respond once they back at work and have discovered something.  Just some patience.

Of course it's a serious question. If I (or 99.9% of other professionals) screw something up on a Friday, or miss a dead line, it gets fixed.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Tinnel.4369 said:

Of course it's a serious question. If I (or 99.9% of other professionals) screw something up on a Friday, or miss a dead line, it gets fixed.

Truth. Seems shortsighted to just release a Beta on a LIVE SERVER and pop off for the weekend. And I'm being kind by using the term "shortsighted".

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tinnel.4369 said:

So you are making an assumption that they aren't actually working on the problem just because you didn't get a response?  It's a known beta test.  It's expected to have some bugs and failures.  This isn't a mission critical emergency event where the service is down and customers have 99.99% uptime SLAs and the oncall administrator needs to get ahold of the oncall engineer to work the problem until service is restored.

This is something that got released during the working day on Friday with some of the bugs immediately addressed.  They probably stayed late on Friday as the NA reset happened as well.  They HAVE pulled the plug on the test, the very first test, when it was a complete mess.  This test doesn't affect everyone like the first one did.  There's such a thing as prioritization that occurs in hosted operations depending upon severity of the problem.

Edited by Chaba.5410
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1