Known Issue: Players being placed on the incorrect team

3 minutes ago, Chaba.5410 said:

Are you saying you were placed on a different team from the one in the first week of beta?

Not quite. 

I logged in during the start of world restructuring. Got placed on Griffonfall by default

Swapped my guild to one on Dragon's Claw. Hoping to join that world at the start of the new skirmish. 

Skirmish officially rolled over today. Got placed on Griffonfall again. Despite having swapped my guild well in advance. 

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Kuma.1503 said:

Not quite. 

I logged in during the start of world restructuring. Got placed on Griffonfall by default

Swapped my guild to one on Dragon's Claw. Hoping to join that world at the start of the new skirmish. 

Skirmish officially rolled over today. Got placed on Griffonfall again. Despite having swapped my guild well in advance. 

Oh.  I don't think the second week was meant to reshuffle players onto teams again.  It was only meant to test that 1-up-1-down still works.

• Sad 1

• 6 months later...

- What team were you placed on? Titan's Staircase

- What team did you expect to be placed on? Phoenix Dawn

- Did you change/toggle your selected WvW guild after Thursday night, even briefly? Yes

- Have you shard/world transferred recently? No

- What is your default world when World Restructuring is disabled? Gandara

• Haha 1

• What team were you placed on? Stonefall
  • What team did you expect to be placed on? Phoenix Dawn
  • Did you change/toggle your selected WvW guild after Thursday night, even briefly? Changed it on Saturday after I found out I wasn't on the same team as the rest of my guild hoping it would help
  • Have you shard/world transferred recently? No
  • What is your default world when World Restructuring is disabled? Gandara
  • Haha 1

• What team were you placed on? Skrittsburgh
  • What team did you expect to be placed on? Thornwatch, with my friend
  • Did you change/toggle your selected WvW guild after Thursday night, even briefly? No, I don't even know what that is until now.
  • Have you shard/world transferred recently? No.
  • What is your default world when World Restructuring is disabled? Isle of Janthir

Please help, I can't play WvW with my friend this week 😞

• Confused 1

• What team were you placed on? Dragon's Claw
  • What team did you expect to be placed on? Seven Pines - PUNK guild
  • Did you change/toggle your selected WvW guild after Thursday night, even briefly? NO - PUNK was designated my wvw guild from Thursday on.
  • Have you shard/world transferred recently? Not within the past month.
  • What is your default world when World Restructuring is disabled? Henge of Denravi.

Is there any hope of fixing this anytime soon? I play only for WVW, and this is untenable. Please help!

Edited by Greatoake.6581
  • Sad 1

Hi. Happened the same to me:

• What team were you placed on? -- Thornwatch
  • What team did you expect to be placed on? -- Reaper's Coridor
  • Did you change/toggle your selected WvW guild after Thursday night, even briefly? -- Selected before the start of beta event. 
  • Have you shard/world transferred recently? -- No
  • What is your default world when World Restructuring is disabled? -- Far Shiverpeaks

Is there any way we can expect a solution during this event?

Thanks.

• Haha 1

• What team were you placed on? First Heaven
  • What team did you expect to be placed on? Thornwatch, with the rest of the The Guilds Alliance guild.
  • Did you change/toggle your selected WvW guild after Thursday night, even briefly? No, but I (with my wife, she will make a post also were in vacation during the placement and couldn't choose).
  • Have you shard/world transferred recently? No.
  • What is your default world when World Restructuring is disabled? Seaferers Rest.

What team were you placed on? First Heaven
What team did you expect to be placed on? Thornwatch, with the rest of the The Guilds Alliance guild.
Did you change/toggle your selected WvW guild after Thursday night, even briefly? No, but I (with my husband, he will make a post also were in vacation during the placement and couldn't choose).
Have you shard/world transferred recently? No.
What is your default world when World Restructuring is disabled? Seaferers Rest.

What team were you placed on? Phoenix Dawn

What team did you expect to be placed on? Skrittsburgh

Did you change/toggle your selected WvW guild after Thursday night, even briefly? No

Have you shard/world transferred recently? No

What is your default world when World Restructuring is disabled? Dragonbrand

• What team were you placed on? Stonefall
  • What team did you expect to be placed on? Skrittsburgh
  • Did you change/toggle your selected WvW guild after Thursday night, even briefly? No
  • Have you shard/world transferred recently? No
  • What is your default world when World Restructuring is disabled? Underworld
Edited by lindles.9457

• What team were you placed on? First Haven
  • What team did you expect to be placed on? Silent Woods
  • Did you change/toggle your selected WvW guild after Thursday night, even briefly? No
  • What is your default world when World Restructuring is disabled? Ruins of Sarmia

• What team were you placed on? Thornwatch
  • What team did you expect to be placed on? First Haven
  • What is your default world when World Restructuring is disabled? Gandara

Bugged for me too, however I noticed on Friday (just hours before wvw match reset when i logged on) that the game had unset all wvw guilds (i.e. none had hourglass or castle icon. I was supposed to be fighting for another guild this match, which I had changed on wednesday). But, have been bundled back to into my previous team selection for this matchup too (might as well pve).

After reset, I noticed that there was still no guild with an active castle/hourglass icon (no selection). Then I selected the correct guild again, then it's now listed as "Pending/hourglass". It looks like nobody can switch teams at all atm. Permateam ftw 😄 lol

IMO should just keep the beta rolling, match after match until it actually works & assigns players to the correct team.

Edited by hugeboss.5432

• What team were you placed on? - Titan's Staircase
  • What team did you expect to be placed on? - Thornwatch
  • Did you change/toggle your selected WvW guild after Thursday night, even briefly? - No
  • Have you shard/world transferred recently? - No
  • What is your default world when World Restructuring is disabled? - Black Gate

• What team were you placed on? - Reaper's Corridor
  • What team did you expect to be placed on? - Dragon's Claw 
  • Did you change/toggle your selected WvW guild after Thursday night, even briefly? - Yes, reset it after it sent me to the wrong server then I was told to come here.
  • Have you shard/world transferred recently? - No
  • What is your default world when World Restructuring is disabled? - Not sure

• What team were you placed on? – Stonefall.
  • What team did you expect to be placed on? - Thornwatch.
  • Did you change/toggle your selected WvW guild after Thursday night, even briefly? - Yes, last week after joining the wrong team. After that I changed the guild to the current one, but this week there were no changes and I stayed in Stonefall.
  • Have you shard/world transferred recently? - No.
  • What is your default world when World Restructuring is disabled? - Not sure but my server is Blacktide.

• What team were you placed on? Stonefall
  • What team did you expect to be placed on? Skrittsburg, Same as the Selected Guild (Vengeance Is Pain - ViP)
  • Did you change/toggle your selected WvW guild after Thursday night, even briefly? Yes
  • What is your default world when World Restructuring is disabled? Dragonbrand
Edited by CrazyLeoX.8405

1. What team were you placed on? Titan's Staircase

2. What team did you expect to be placed on? Reaper's Corridor

3. Did you change/toggle your selected WvW guild after Thursday night, even briefly? Yes

4. Have you shard/world transferred recently? No

5. What is your default world when World Restructuring is disabled? Blacktide

Edited by Bianq.7613

• What team were you placed on? Silent Wood
  • What team did you expect to be placed on? Moogooloo
  • Did you change/toggle your selected WvW guild after Thursday night, even briefly? no
  • Have you shard/world transferred recently? no
  • What is your default world when World Restructuring is disabled? Kodash

Edited by Elanesse.4310

• What team were you placed on? Seven Pines
  • What team did you expect to be placed on? Greneth's Door
  • Did you change/toggle your selected WvW guild after Thursday night, even briefly? Not to my knowledge
  • What is your default world when World Restructuring is disabled? Seafarer's Rest
Edited by Arthusii.7913