Nobody liked the FEB 2020 Patch.

Genesis.5169

42 minutes ago, BobbyT.7192 said:

Spectre has a 300 traits, and not really a good one anyway.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Shallow_Grave

On topic: imo they did alot of work to the skills when damage could have been adjusted with the numbers on the weapons themselves. Then you wouldn't need the splits as much (out side of your CC skills i guess).

Wow.

Imagine trying to get people hyped for an expansion by adding in traits nobody will ever use.

This isn't something they broke either, this trait is dead on arrival.  🤡🎺

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

The patch didn't work well because it can't fix core game issues. When GW2 launched I immediately knew it would never be as good of a pvp game like its predecessor. There was too much focus on pve and the core mechanics revolved around it. A decade later here we are, same exact issues that existed at the beginning. And it will never change no matter what they do. 

Edited by Aza.2105

3 hours ago, BobbyT.7192 said:

Spectre has a 300 traits, and not really a good one anyway.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Shallow_Grave

On topic: imo they did alot of work to the skills when damage could have been adjusted with the numbers on the weapons themselves. Then you wouldn't need the splits as much (out side of your CC skills i guess).

you would, weapon kits, transformations and every single mesmer phantasm has its own weapon coof.
To top it off conditions dont use weapon attack power anyways.
What SHOULD have happed was global 20% damage reduction, global 25% healing and barrier gain reduction, and global 10% cooldown increase.
A global debuff that affects everyone, instead off wasting hundreds of hours kittening over skills one by one

30 minutes ago, FarmBotXD.1430 said:

you would, weapon kits, transformations and every single mesmer phantasm has its own weapon coof.
To top it off conditions dont use weapon attack power anyways.
What SHOULD have happed was global 20% damage reduction, global 25% healing and barrier gain reduction, and global 10% cooldown increase.
A global debuff that affects everyone, instead off wasting hundreds of hours kittening over skills one by one

Most none weapon skill strength hovers around 690. This includes transformation, and traits, with a few outliers. Engie kit damage is based on actual weapon rarity. (Rare vs Exotic).

I would say having a separate calculation for conditions between game modes would be a preferred method. So like a single stack of burning is doing ~75 damage instead of 131 with 0 condi damage, with scaling down by a 1/4.

8 hours ago, BobbyT.7192 said:

Most none weapon skill strength hovers around 690. This includes transformation, and traits, with a few outliers. Engie kit damage is based on actual weapon rarity. (Rare vs Exotic).

I would say having a separate calculation for conditions between game modes would be a preferred method. So like a single stack of burning is doing ~75 damage instead of 131 with 0 condi damage, with scaling down by a 1/4.

• Phantasms have their own unique weapon strength that is independent of the player's equipped weapon rarity. The rogue has a weapon strength midpoint of 2615.5.

• Phantasms have their own unique weapon strength that is independent of the player's equipped weapon rarity. The defender has a weapon strength midpoint of 2553.5.

• Phantasms have their own unique weapon strength that is independent of the player's equipped weapon rarity. The mage has a weapon strength range of 2459-2772, with the midpoint being 2615.5.

• Phantasms have their own unique weapon strength that is independent of the player's equipped weapon rarity. The duelist has a weapon strength range of 2406-2825, with the midpoint being 2615.5.

• Phantasms have their own unique weapon strength that is independent of the player's equipped weapon rarity. The warden has a weapon strength range of 2485-2746, with the midpoint being 2615.5.

• Phantasms have their own unique weapon strength that is independent of the player's equipped weapon rarity. The warlock has a weapon strength midpoint of 2877.

• Phantasms have their own unique weapon strength that is independent of the player's equipped weapon rarity. The berserker has a weapon strength range of 2732-3022, with the midpoint being 2877.
    While the tooltip uses a weapon strength of 2553.5, the defender's weapon strength midpoint appears to be ~2363.
    Lich form -> 
  • The form uses a weapon strength of 1,015 (level 78 exotic staff) in PvP, and 772.5 weapon strength (level 78 fine staff) in PvE.

Those are examples of skills not having weapon strength as you said, and as I mentioned, conditions work different to power damage. Also there is loads of damage that doesnt even use weapon strength like leech effects from various sources.
  • It would be the same kitten feb did but on a smaller scale, with some skills unchanged and being OP for no reason and some overnerfed.

40 minutes ago, FarmBotXD.1430 said:
  • Phantasms have their own unique weapon strength that is independent of the player's equipped weapon rarity. The rogue has a weapon strength midpoint of 2615.5.

• Phantasms have their own unique weapon strength that is independent of the player's equipped weapon rarity. The defender has a weapon strength midpoint of 2553.5.

• Phantasms have their own unique weapon strength that is independent of the player's equipped weapon rarity. The mage has a weapon strength range of 2459-2772, with the midpoint being 2615.5.

• Phantasms have their own unique weapon strength that is independent of the player's equipped weapon rarity. The duelist has a weapon strength range of 2406-2825, with the midpoint being 2615.5.

• Phantasms have their own unique weapon strength that is independent of the player's equipped weapon rarity. The warden has a weapon strength range of 2485-2746, with the midpoint being 2615.5.

• Phantasms have their own unique weapon strength that is independent of the player's equipped weapon rarity. The warlock has a weapon strength midpoint of 2877.

• Phantasms have their own unique weapon strength that is independent of the player's equipped weapon rarity. The berserker has a weapon strength range of 2732-3022, with the midpoint being 2877.
    While the tooltip uses a weapon strength of 2553.5, the defender's weapon strength midpoint appears to be ~2363.
    Lich form -> 
  • The form uses a weapon strength of 1,015 (level 78 exotic staff) in PvP, and 772.5 weapon strength (level 78 fine staff) in PvE.

Those are examples of skills not having weapon strength as you said, and as I mentioned, conditions work different to power damage. Also there is loads of damage that doesnt even use weapon strength like leech effects from various sources.
  • It would be the same kitten feb did but on a smaller scale, with some skills unchanged and being OP for no reason and some overnerfed.

As I said

40 minutes ago, FarmBotXD.1430 said:

with a few outliers

Never double check the transforms, but at the same time,  the point I am making is that most of the changes to weapon skill could have been done with the weapons themselves, which would have been the bulk of the changes anyways. After that individual skills out side of that would but looked at separate with a lot less work.

No need to nik pick

Edited by BobbyT.7192

There are obviously still a ton of balance issues but I have noticed that my fresh air sword ele is a little bit more durable these days. Obviously nothing compared to a nade spamming holo or any variation of necro, but on the matches that aren't completely skewed.. which is maybe 1 in 20 these days, it's been more fun than it used to. I doubt I've gotten better at it so I'm assuming it's the damage reduction across the board. 

On 1/30/2022 at 3:29 AM, Widmo.3186 said:

February 2020 patch was okay if they continued updating and fixing meta/balance constantly (as they promised to).
But it didnt happen, and because of that this patch was really, reeeally bad. Gave more canc*rous builds than there were before, promotes bunker gameplay, destroyed some classes completly (or at least 3/4 of their builds), and just straight up made game even more boring than it used to be. Like for real, after patch meta was not about what is good, but what was least nerfed or forgotten to be nerfed. Great balance system, focused on lack of skilled dev team xD.

For many people that I know this patch was like a nail in the coffin, game just became too boring to play it like a main entertaining free time game, for some even too boring to play it at all. 

I feel like its just a hallmark of ANet - lots of promises, one patch that could be beginning of the new, fresh, better start, and then complete waste and situation becomes worse than before. Oh, and also lets dont forget lots of excuses. Q_Q covid, Q_Q new expansion, Q_Q life is hard. What a joke, biggest advantage of gw2 in MMO market is its lack of monthly sub compared to like WoW or FF14.

I would have to agree on it being the nail in the coffin though. I think between the meta just being stale and the lack of balance, the bot and wintrading problems, I pretty much see the same people in pvp everyday and I imagine we'll all be around till the servers shut down. New players are probably not going to stick around for pvp, that's for sure. Which is a shame because the combat system really is far more engaging than most of the other mmo's I've played.

I think we might see a rush in people when the expansion releases but I really don't think the elite specs coming with the expansion are going to feel up to par with the others we already have apart from thief, necro, and rev as they seemed to be the most played during the beta weekends.

14 hours ago, Aza.2105 said:

The patch didn't work well because it can't fix core game issues. When GW2 launched I immediately knew it would never be as good of a pvp game like its predecessor. There was too much focus on pve and the core mechanics revolved around it. A decade later here we are, same exact issues that existed at the beginning. And it will never change no matter what they do. 

And the pve game is virtually unheared of in the real world.

I told someone what I did with my freetime recently, and mentioned this game's name.

They asked me 3 times "wat?"

11 hours ago, Crab Fear.1624 said:

And the pve game is virtually unheared of in the real world.

I told someone what I did with my freetime recently, and mentioned this game's name.

They asked me 3 times "wat?"

Yea its kind of weird that despite being pve-centric that its not that popular. I have a friend who plays mmos, when I recommended GW2 she said that she heard of it but never bothered to play it. Is it good? She asks. 

With all the focus on pve you I'd think that it would be super popular but nope. 

8 hours ago, Aza.2105 said:

Yea its kind of weird that despite being pve-centric that its not that popular. I have a friend who plays mmos, when I recommended GW2 she said that she heard of it but never bothered to play it. Is it good? She asks. 

With all the focus on pve you I'd think that it would be super popular but nope. 

People want more lazy fun these days. There is an unnatural love for player housing and the ability to decorate said housing, which is something that Anet has yet to do.

That and mini games.

6 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

People want more lazy fun these days. There is an unnatural love for player housing and the ability to decorate said housing, which is something that Anet has yet to do.

That and mini games.

lol, gw2 is hyper casual friendly, its not well knows sine the game is medicore and 0 advertisement.
I played like 10 different MMO's and never heard of it untill my friend told me to play it

6 minutes ago, FarmBotXD.1430 said:

lol, gw2 is hyper casual friendly, its not well knows sine the game is medicore and 0 advertisement.
I played like 10 different MMO's and never heard of it untill my friend told me to play it

Yes, but despite how casual it is it still lacks in the most casual activities that players of other games like. There is a reason they are bringing fishing of all stupid things into the game.

10 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Yes, but despite how casual it is it still lacks in the most casual activities that players of other games like. There is a reason they are bringing fishing of all stupid things into the game.

I think its great. Finally Gw2 is embracing the fact that it is indeed a Runescape clone. 

33 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

That and mini games.

Housing would be pretty dope though. Home instances aren't much of a stand-in for player owned housing.

Mini games technically exist,  like that Southsun Survival battle royale thing. I don't think i've met a single person that has ever intentionally played them more than once though. 

PvP mini games that aren't dog water would be nice

Speaking on the PvP side, I think if they want to reach the casual crowd they should move pips and reward chests to Unranked as well.

1 hour ago, Multicolorhipster.9751 said:

I think its great. Finally Gw2 is embracing the fact that it is indeed a Runescape clone. 

Housing would be pretty dope though. Home instances aren't much of a stand-in for player owned housing.

Mini games technically exist,  like that Southsun Survival battle royale thing. I don't think i've met a single person that has ever intentionally played them more than once though. 

PvP mini games that aren't dog water would be nice

Speaking on the PvP side, I think if they want to reach the casual crowd they should move pips and reward chests to Unranked as well.

Yeah, most of the mini games are pseudo competitive though and there aren’t any really that are just fun ‘single’ player activities. JPs don’t count in my mind as they are integrated into things like core map completion.

• Like 1