If we can't get rid of the annoying reactions.

Ashgar.3024

8 hours ago, Sigmoid.7082 said:

The amount of "If you disagree just don't post in my thread, its not for you, its for people who agree with my idea" lately has been on the rise. They don't want reasonable discussion with back and forth well explained talking points. They want an echo chamber.

Definitely could decouple or give them their own category that can explicitly be turned off.

I think people need to go back to making their own web sites, or blogs for that.  Forums are definitely for discussion. 
I agree with being able to toggle the emoji feature off. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

34 minutes ago, Obfuscate.6430 said:

I think people need to go back to making their own web sites, or blogs for that.  Forums are definitely for discussion. 
I agree with being able to toggle the emoji feature off. 

FWIW, I agree.  However, I was made to understand that this is an inherent feature of this forum software and not something ANet can fix (short of changing software).  Whether or not that's worthwhile is another discussion.  It's not a big deal to me, but I'm also not stuck on keeping this forum software. 

I do think it would be pretty funny if we did end up changing software just because of confused emojis, though! 🙈

• Confused 2
  • Sad 2

49 minutes ago, Bingus.4236 said:

Just say at the end of each post "Leave a confused smiley reaction if you agree.".

Leave a confused smiley reaction if you agree.

It's okay.  Deep down, we both know what that confused emoji really means and how we both feel about it.  I'm glad we could share this moment together.  Now enjoy your confused emoji.  You've earned it, brother!

• Haha 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

14 hours ago, AliamRationem.5172 said:

FWIW, I agree.  However, I was made to understand that this is an inherent feature of this forum software and not something ANet can fix (short of changing software). 

It's not possible to remove it completely, but they still could limit it to only "like" button, same as they did on the previous forums.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, AliamRationem.5172 said:

This is confusing...

See the notification you just received because i was "confused" by your post. That's what i want to turn off.

Turning off all notifications is a crappy way to fix it as i don't mind to be notified when i have an actual conversation with someone.

Edited by Ashgar.3024
  • Like 4
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

Why are people arguing against an optional notification filter for reactions? People can't really react to reactions, so there's no reason to notify people of them. People on this forum almost scold people who do react to reactions. Exhibit A: This thread. There are more reasons to not notify people of reactions than there are to do so.

• Like 3
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

I just wish we could reaction emoji the reaction emojis. It would be fun to stack 😆 on 🤔.

Also, I have a personal fondness for all threads about the confused emoji. I rarely use it in other threads, but in these, I throw them with wild abandon and the joy of a thousand candy-stuffed children.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2