Help me choose the best solo profession.

grx.8714

On 2/3/2022 at 2:04 AM, taara.3217 said:

Renegade is one of the strong solo spec, nothing more ) Moreover, not the best option in high pressure combat (solo). Moreover, DPS is the lowest priority feature in such kind of content.

Only has 1 stun break, 1 or 2 condi cleanse and got stability?

On 2/4/2022 at 7:07 AM, kenny.7236 said:

Only has 1 stun break, 1 or 2 condi cleanse and got stability?

Has access to the highest passive self healing builds in the game, to stack has the highest solo DPS potiental in the game. While having high survivability easy kite potiental with alot of CC and access to several evades. 

It by far is the strongest solo wise, it just isn't as easy as something alike necromancer. 

It doesn't need a stun break if it can kill a legendary without swallowing a single hit. And do it faster then most other proffessions can. 

3 hours ago, Daddy.8125 said:

Has access to the highest passive self healing builds in the game, to stack has the highest solo DPS potiental in the game. While having high survivability easy kite potiental with alot of CC and access to several evades. 

Sounds good on paper, but as I mentioned previously, Ren dies the same often than any other Spec.

It by far is the strongest solo wise, it just isn't as easy as something alike necromancer. 

One of the strongest and I agree that it just isn't an easy Spec. 

It doesn't need a stun break if it can kill a legendary without swallowing a single hit. And do it faster then most other proffessions can. 

If you have quite strong OW solo experience (Champ/Bounty) you should know, that there are enough Champions that more harder to fight with (and it also depends on Spec) than Legendary.

Edited by taara.3217

2 minutes ago, taara.3217 said:

Sounds good on paper, but as I mentioned previously, Ren dies the same often than any other Spec

I would disagree I have one of every proffession and ren just does it better. My renegade never dies. Although I assure you, my builds in my mesmer and elementalist defintly die faster then a renegade

3 minutes ago, taara.3217 said:

you have quite strong OW solo experience (Champ/Bounty) you should know, that there are enough Champions that more harder to fight with (and it also depends on Spec) than Legendary

While yes and u do have videos of renegades slaughtering em. Ive not tried many. 

I only boosted a renegade so I could solo the bounties for seasons of the dragon. 

33 minutes ago, Daddy.8125 said:

Just in case want to say that I'm not arguing, just I have another point of view based on my experience.

33 minutes ago, Daddy.8125 said:

and ren just does it better. My renegade never dies. Although I assure you, my builds in my mesmer and elementalist defintly die faster then a renegade

I could be wrong, but I'm sure it's not best argument as many other players can say the same about their experience (e.g. "and Spellb just does it better. My Spellb never dies. Although I assure you, my builds in my Ren and Guard defintly die faster then a Spellb")

Edited by taara.3217

6 hours ago, taara.3217 said:

could be wrong, but I'm sure it's not best argument as many other players can say the same about their experience (e.g. "and Spellb just does it better. My Spellb never dies. Although I assure you, my builds in my Ren and Guard defintly die faster then a Spellb"

The issue is renegade being a supreme soloer isn't a minority vote. The vast majority state this and it's pretty common in views. 

While spellbreaker you would be quite litterally the first to try stating that. 

You have to remember. 

Renegades have the highest self healing in the game, even while your stunned because it's mallyx ultimate healing you by torment with torment runes. 

It has the highest DPS of all options that's just factual, it's DPS capability is crazy high in a solo enviroment. 

Thief solo builds do like 4/5k DPS same with mesmers. Cele ele can do 15k but it's less effective then any trailblazer build in solo content which does far less DPS. 

While rens can achieve like 20k without any help. 

Being able to even solo as good as other options. Doing 4x the damage is enough to put you at the top. 

If everything dies the same amount, and just as easily 

But one option does 4x the DPS then other options then it is the best. 

Renegade solos in vipers gear while running pure DPS. While others have to tank up alot to match. 

ofcourse this isnt to say "only ren and nec can make great solo builds" because it isnt, The thing with these 2 proffessions selling point is they do it in Pure DPS set ups I.E no need to have 2 sets in solo content and to stack do it quicker due to much higher Personal DPS Compared to others in solo content.

i mean we see things like Might makes it right Spellbreaker and more which do amazingly solo wise.

Edited by Daddy.8125

Really, it depends what you want to solo ... I wouldn't take the same bounty soloing build to go solo HoT maps. Different toolsets entirely. Most the time, I find the thing that distinguishes effectiveness of solo builds is if you are encountering one big mob or groups of mobs (I can show you a location in Drizzlewood with 4-5 Veterans that would destroy most builds, even if they can solo bounties). 

So ... need some context. Off the cuff, I would say Renegade and Nec are the flexible soloing classes though not necessarily the ideal for some specific content in mind. Not having good access to stab/cleanse and minimal bar breaks CAN be a liability on Ren ... but you can work around tose things if you prepare for the encounter. 

Edited by Obtena.7952

Necromancer. /thread lol

If you really wanna be lazy, Minions basically make you immortal. I did most of the Return To- living story achievements on a viper minion Scouge alt and barely applied effort or attention to anything while watching Netflix.

Then if you decide to do group content it's one of the most desired classes, while most of the rest of the roster is alienated. 

Edited by Doggie.3184

On 2/8/2022 at 12:10 PM, Daddy.8125 said:

The issue is renegade being a supreme soloer isn't a minority vote. The vast majority state this and it's pretty common in views. 

While spellbreaker you would be quite litterally the first to try stating that. 

You have to remember. 

Renegades have the highest self healing in the game, even while your stunned because it's mallyx ultimate healing you by torment with torment runes. 

It has the highest DPS of all options that's just factual, it's DPS capability is crazy high in a solo enviroment. 

Thief solo builds do like 4/5k DPS same with mesmers. Cele ele can do 15k but it's less effective then any trailblazer build in solo content which does far less DPS. 

Being able to even solo as good as other options. Doing 4x the damage is enough to put you at the top. 

Renegade solos in vipers gear while running pure DPS. While others have to tank up alot to match. 

ofcourse this isnt to say "only ren and nec can make great solo builds" because it isnt, The thing with these 2 proffessions selling point is they do it in Pure DPS set ups I.E no need to have 2 sets in solo content and to stack do it quicker due to much higher Personal DPS Compared to others in solo content.

i mean we see things like Might makes it right Spellbreaker and more which do amazingly solo wise.

Not that I disagree with the basic premise of renegade being the complete package, top tier, and far above almost all other classes in solo play, but your numbers for mes and thief are way low.

• Confused 1

On 2/8/2022 at 10:10 PM, Daddy.8125 said:

Renegades have the highest self healing in the game, even while your stunned because it's     mallyx ultimate healing you by torment with torment runes. 

As a basic-level warm-up:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Champion_Ezal_the_Quick

I am waiting video with Ren`s super-abilities, outshining any other spec.

Thank you.

Edited by taara.3217

On 2/8/2022 at 6:49 PM, taara.3217 said:

as I mentioned previously, Ren dies the same often than any other Spec.

That's because people often ignore a very important factor when answering this question which is partly the fault of the one asking for it not being specific enough. It's generally better to ask for specific builds and not just for "classes" and also to provide as many relevant informations as possible. The issue with what you find in many responses comes from the lack of that knowledge as people oftentimes don't suggest "the best" but "the most powerful" build which of course ignores the skill level of the player asking.

The reason why "Ren dies the same often than any other Spec" is because most people can't play it optimally and a build a veteran player calls "braindead easy" might be anything but for the person asking for advice (because people tend to judge things by their own standards).

8 minutes ago, Tails.9372 said:

That's because people often ignore a very important factor when answering this question which is partly the fault of the one asking for it not being specific enough. It's generally better to ask for specific builds and not just for "classes" and also to provide as many relevant informations as possible. The issue with what you find in many responses comes from the lack of that knowledge as people oftentimes don't suggest "the best" but "the most powerful" build which of course ignores the skill level of the player asking.

The reason why "Ren dies the same often than any other Spec" is because most people can't play it optimally and a build a veteran player calls "braindead easy" might be anything but for the person asking for advice (because people tend to judge things by their own standards).

All this is relevant to any other spec X - most people can't play it optimally ) We're all in the same boat...

11 minutes ago, taara.3217 said:

All this is relevant to any other spec X - most people can't play it optimally ) We're all in the same boat...

Which means nothing because, as I said, the important things are the builds. Not vague concepts like "specs" or "professions" and no, different builds have different skill floors / ceilings so they're not "all in the same boat".

Edited by Tails.9372

10 hours ago, AliamRationem.5172 said:

Not that I disagree with the basic premise of renegade being the complete package, top tier, and far above almost all other classes in solo play, but your numbers for mes and thief are way low.

Are you sure? 

I tried both builds vallun provided as solo guides and neither of them could get higher then 6k maximum. 

Same with thief I was using a D / P daredevil build and was only getting about 5k DPS with it. 

Ive just returned to using DPS centric builds with them primarily. 

If so do you know any builds that perform better for open world? The only one I manage to get DPS out of regarding those 2 are full raid builds which are very squishy to try solo with 

Edited by Daddy.8125

1 hour ago, taara.3217 said:

As a basic-level warm-up:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Champion_Ezal_the_Quick

I am waiting video with Ren`s super-abilities, outshining any other spec.

Thank you.

Just go look at any rev solo guide and pretty much everyone of them will state the same thing I don't need to prove something the vast majority already agree with 

8 minutes ago, Daddy.8125 said:

Just go look at any rev solo guide and pretty much everyone of them will state the same thing I don't need to prove something the vast majority already agree with 

Thank you, I have no more questions about super-Renegade.

Edited by taara.3217

11 minutes ago, Daddy.8125 said:

I tried both builds vallun provided as solo guides and neither of them could get higher then 6k maximum. 

Same with thief I was using a D / P daredevil build and was only getting about 5k DPS with it. 

Those numbers sound... really low. You get that just autoattacking on most things. 

What were the builds?

1 hour ago, The Boz.2038 said:

Those numbers sound... really low. You get that just autoattacking on most things. 

What were the builds?

I was using Valluns builds he made for "one build for everything"

GS / Sword+Pistol Mirage.

Sword+Sword / Sceptar+Shield Chrono

maybe i was missing something massive with the builds

Are you sure? 

Ive just returned to using DPS centric builds with them primarily. 

If so do you know any builds that perform better for open world? The only one I manage to get DPS out of regarding those 2 are full raid builds which are very squishy to try solo with 

Oh, sorry, I didn't know we were referencing Vallun's builds specifically.  I'm not familiar with them, but I can tell you from playing condi mirage a few years ago I was seeing more like double that on an axe and staff build and that was before we had auto might and alac and the torment buff which should have increased those numbers significantly.

Edit: Here's a sample generating 9k DPS on a very high-pressure solo encounter, the Legendary Starcaller bounty.  10k+ should be pretty easy to pull off today on less demanding encounters, I should think.

Edited by AliamRationem.5172

10 minutes ago, AliamRationem.5172 said:

Oh, sorry, I didn't know we were referencing Vallun's builds specifically.  I'm not familiar with them, but I can tell you from playing condi mirage a few years ago I was seeing more like double that on an axe and staff build and that was before we had auto might and alac and the torment buff which should have increased those numbers significantly.

Edit: Here's a sample generating 9k DPS on a very high-pressure solo encounter, the Legendary Starcaller bounty.  10k+ should be pretty easy to pull off today on less demanding encounters, I should think.

oh, i thought valluns were generally the only solo builds, as most build sites just have standard Power chrono in zerkers other places.

i saw alot of Solo builds swap to Staff/Staff on mirage. is Axe still a better option after the changes?

23 minutes ago, Daddy.8125 said:

oh, i thought valluns were generally the only solo builds, as most build sites just have standard Power chrono in zerkers other places.

i saw alot of Solo builds swap to Staff/Staff on mirage. is Axe still a better option after the changes?

Vallun is awesome.  Seriously, love that guy.  But I don't think he's putting those builds forward as the "best" builds for anything.  It's in the title that these are one-size-fits-all builds for general play.  Naturally, they aren't going to produce the highest numbers (and neither are my builds!).  His whole thing is having fun and experimenting with a wide variety of builds in all game modes.

The mirage video there is using a power setup.  Mirage is just going to deal much better damage with condi, in my experience.  Its associated weapon unlock (axe) is a condi weapon.

Edit: Again, this isn't to refute your overall premise that condi renegade is top tier and blows pretty much everything else out of the water with its ridiculously overstacked kit that brings top tier damage output, sustain, and overall versatility.  It will outperform most other classes by a significant margin and it can do it against a wider range of bosses than pretty much any other build.

In answer to your question on staff vs. axe, I believe axe will generate better overall damage but staff is the easiest weapon in the game to use because most of its damage, utility, and defense comes from simply spamming 1 and dodge.  Anybody should be able to play this build and handle open world/story, no matter how potato.  It even does pretty solid damage for how easy it is to use and the fact that it's 1200 range makes it very versatile as well.

Edited by AliamRationem.5172
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, AliamRationem.5172 said:

Vallun is awesome.  Seriously, love that guy.  But I don't think he's putting those builds forward as the "best" builds for anything.  It's in the title that these are one-size-fits-all builds for general play.  Naturally, they aren't going to produce the highest numbers (and neither are my builds!).  His whole thing is having fun and experimenting with a wide variety of builds in all game modes.

The mirage video there is using a power setup.  Mirage is just going to deal much better damage with condi, in my experience.  Its associated weapon unlock (axe) is a condi weapon.

Edit: Again, this isn't to refute your overall premise that condi renegade is top tier and blows pretty much everything else out of the water with its ridiculously overstacked kit that brings top tier damage output, sustain, and overall versatility.  It will outperform most other classes by a significant margin and it can do it against a wider range of bosses than pretty much any other build.

In answer to your question on staff vs. axe, I believe axe will generate better overall damage but staff is the easiest weapon in the game to use because most of its damage, utility, and defense comes from simply spamming 1 and dodge.  Anybody should be able to play this build and handle open world/story, no matter how potato.  It even does pretty solid damage for how easy it is to use and the fact that it's 1200 range makes it very versatile as well.

Ah trying axe set up got me to 8k DPS prolly need some practice before I get to 10k, what would be your opinon on using tormenting runes for healing off torment? Or wouldn't be worth while? 

12 minutes ago, Daddy.8125 said:

Ah trying axe set up got me to 8k DPS prolly need some practice before I get to 10k, what would be your opinon on using tormenting runes for healing off torment? Or wouldn't be worth while? 

Oh it's definitely a good strategy for solo sustain and axe is heavily torment-based so it should be good for your damage output if you're mostly using that for DPS.

4 hours ago, AliamRationem.5172 said:

10k+ should be pretty easy to pull off today

For mesmer yes, I've seen many Chronomancers do 20k+ sustained DPS on their own but for thief around 10k is about the extent of where many builds go which is odd given how thief, according to the devs., is supposed to be "the single target class".

Edited by Tails.9372
  • Confused 1