thought i would show griffon some love. we need more flyers

trunks.5249

In the grand scheme of players, not that many have the griffin. It costs 250 gold, most players wont see that in their life time if they log in once or twice a week. Knowing that GW2 is a casual mmo, i would guess around 15% of people have PoF and of those maybe 50% have the griffin. Knowing that people are mad at ArenaNet, people are leaving. So even less of them left.

• Confused 8

59 minutes ago, AusarViled.7106 said:

In the grand scheme of players, not that many have the griffin. It costs 250 gold, most players wont see that in their life time if they log in once or twice a week. Knowing that GW2 is a casual mmo, i would guess around 15% of people have PoF and of those maybe 50% have the griffin. Knowing that people are mad at ArenaNet, people are leaving. So even less of them left.

This is nonsense on so many levels 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I think the reason why most dont use it is that its useless, unless u climb up a 100000 kilometers high mountain. The climbing up takes long enough that its simply faster to just use other mounts.

Yes you can be really fast with griffon, but u always have to climb up a mountain or something on most maps to use it nicely. Its easier to simply use roller beetle. Same speed but u dont have to climb.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, DeanBB.4268 said:

Quoted for truth. According to gw2efficiency, 86% of accounts have PoF and 75% have HoT, 5% are core with no expansions, and 2% are FTP. Numbers rounded for simplicity.

There is no way that is true, because owning PoF does not mean you have a mount. This thread says that only 5%-10% of players have the griffin. 

• Confused 3

35 minutes ago, DeanBB.4268 said:

Quoted for truth. According to gw2efficiency, 86% of accounts have PoF and 75% have HoT, 5% are core with no expansions, and 2% are FTP. Numbers rounded for simplicity.

Don't you have to make/link your account for it to count? Doesn't seem like it would be very useful to determine how many people have expansions/Griffon then, since people signing up are much more likely to be people already owning the expansion and already being heavily invested into the game. F2P players and casuals are much less likely to bother looking up their efficiency.

Edited by jokke.6239
  • Confused 1

While I love the griffon, there’s no denying that its fullest potential is only possible in niche situations; you need to start from really high and not make any stops in the middle (such as gathering). Since the skyscale already negates the springer, I’d love to see the griffon jump as high as the springer to make it a bit more globally useful.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AusarViled.7106 said:

Yep, i am not sure, i was just making a guess. I do not know if there is anything more updated. If i am wrong, i am happy to be proven wrong. Yes the thread is 4 years old, could not find anything newer. if you want to make a poll on reedit would be great to know

If you look at unlock statistics on gw2efficiency you can see that 47% or 170,000 players have the basic Griffon skin unlocked.  47% also have Beetle, but only 35% have Skyscale.  The thought being the only way to get the base skin is by unlocking the mount.

Stats - Unlock Statistics - gw2efficiency

As always, usual acknowledgment that gw2efficiency is only a partial sample size of potentially more advanced players.  You mileage may vary, but the info is interesting even if it is a slice.

Same chart you can see 300k people have unlocked Raptor, although only 290k have unlocked Dune Rider mastery.  So we can assume that 300k of the peopl,e on gw2e have bought PoF.

Edited by Mungo Zen.9364
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Mungo Zen.9364 said:

Griffons are awesome, alongside Beetles they my favorite ways to travel.  I don't really care if other players use them, that's their loss.

Nothing like flying fast and free, on land, air......hmmm we need one for sea too.  TurboSkimmie!!!

Ya know, that'd be great. Some way to travel in or above water faster that requires good input or controls to work well like the beetle and Griffon 

• Like 1