40 minutes ago, Dami.5046 said:

Do we know if once the Jade Bot is unlocked it's for the whole account or you have to do the story on each character you want a Bot on?

Assuming that it's a mastery so unlocked for all, right?

I assume the ability to be able to use the scrap abomination itself will be an account-wide unlock.

However, I wouldn't be surprised, if the power cores and the other upgrades are not shared between characters.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Like 1

I'd like to know how the bot works across multiple characters, too. I assume the unlock itself is account wide, since it's a mastery and other masteries like gliding and mounts are account wide, too.

3 hours ago, Fueki.4753 said:

However, I wouldn't be surprised, if the power cores and the other upgrades are not shared between characters.

That's what I'd like to know, too. Either solution has its pros and cons. If the upgrades are per character I get to pick different modules depending on what I use that character for. E.g. a character I play in open world PvE may get something like the improved on-demand updraft. But on a character I mostly play in WvW it is completely useless and I'll probably put in a recycling module instead. As far as I have understood it they work even in WvW.

But the disadvantage of having modules per character is, of course, that I then need to acquire the modules per character. I.e. I have to pay for every character I play.

The other question I have is what happens if I change a module. Is the old one destroyed, like e.g. when replacing runes/sigils, or do I get it back into my inventory, like glyphs?

Edited by Killerassel.2197
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Killerassel.2197 said:

The other question I have is what happens if I change a module. Is the old one destroyed, like e.g. when replacing runes/sigils, or do I get it back into my inventory, like glyphs?

I certainly hope that they do not get destroyed.

It's been almost universally disliked by its players, whenever systems like that were happening in WoW.

GW2 would definitely not receive better sentiment from its players for the same behaviour.

16 hours ago, Fire Attunement.9835 said:

Hi all, so glad you found today's show informative!

I've been reading the conversation here and wanted to pop in quickly to call out two things we did not mention on the show:

• The jade bot personal waypoint will persist until you use it or until you change maps
  • You will be able to have a jade bot workbench in your guild hall

Thanks for answer!

Is it possible to shed light on the treshold of "value" of junk items affected by recycler module, or is it not-that-simple or not finalized value yet? Can we expect to see that information in the tooltip of the module?

On 2/12/2022 at 9:31 AM, AgentMoore.9453 said:

In the video, we see Rubi's inventory filled with upgrades objects which, I assume, are going to be something you craft/acquire on a per-character basis. Further, you need to go to a work table to swap upgrades in or out despite the interface looking like a hero panel.

Anyone else being reminded of "Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic" by this? 😄 (My second favorite CRPG after "Dragon Age: Origins.") The way you could upgrade your light saber and swap upgrades was similar to this.

On 2/12/2022 at 1:48 PM, Killerassel.2197 said:

That's what I'd like to know, too. Either solution has its pros and cons. If the upgrades are per character I get to pick different modules depending on what I use that character for. E.g. a character I play in open world PvE may get something like the improved on-demand updraft. But on a character I mostly play in WvW it is completely useless and I'll probably put in a recycling module instead. As far as I have understood it they work even in WvW.

But the disadvantage of having modules per character is, of course, that I then need to acquire the modules per character. I.e. I have to pay for every character I play.

I would prefer it to be per character regarding upgrades, and assume that's what it will be (the other option makes little sense to me).

On 2/12/2022 at 1:48 PM, Killerassel.2197 said:

I am quite certain those upgrades will work like glyphs. I can already hear the uproar if that isn't going to be the case. 😉 Alternatively, I could imagine it requiring extractors, like with infusions on non-legendary gear.

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...

Back when I was trying to gauge interest to decide Christmas presents, my daughter said she wasn’t interested in EOD. The last couple weeks she’s been changing her mind, and finally bought it last night with her own money. I asked her what made her change her mind.

Her answer, “Jade bots.”

😄

Edited by Gibson.4036
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1