2 minutes ago, HotDelirium.7984 said:

I wonder if the jade bot mastery will only be used on Canthan maps or if there is a slide towards keeping it "towards Cantha" i.e. you can take your bot charges and go to central Tyria but you must recharge them in Cantha. My experience during the beta was how awful the events came when everyone was spamming siege turtles in PVE. Couldn't see anything so I do have a few concerns.

I don't think as many people will spam turtles in the long run. It was because they were new and shiny getting tested during a beta. Maybe for the first few days or weeks you'll see more but it'll tone down to more manageable levels I'm sure.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, AgentMoore.9453 said:

Solid point. We see a bot resurrecting someone, but how do we know it didn't down the person in the first place?

For that matter, we don't know what might be.... different... after that person is resurrected.

What kind of things might the Tleilaxu Jade Technocrats have seeded in this new Commander ghola?

• Haha 6
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, Dami.5046 said:

According to what I read, you will need to level Jeweller to make the 'cores' or what ever they are to get the Buffs, so i'm guessing that's where Jeweller 500 comes in. 

🤣

I guess its time to buy up all the gold, silver and platinum ore and ingots in the TP 

On 2/8/2022 at 11:47 AM, Flaming.4250 said:

Would any one else like to have one of the bots in real life?

Yes yes yes please yes.  I don't care how much it costs!  I want a seeing-eye drone and this is perfect.  No more white cane hassles!  And, you don't have to pick up after it like a seeing-eye dog.  Plus, it probably communicates better than a dog.

ArenaNet, quit the video game industry and make real jade bots!  

13 hours ago, AgentMoore.9453 said:

Solid point. We see a bot resurrecting someone, but how do we know it didn't down the person in the first place?

Nevermind, I don't want to be killed by assassin robots....

1 hour ago, Gibson.4036 said:

For that matter, we don't know what might be.... different... after that person is resurrected.

What kind of things might the Tleilaxu Jade Technocrats have seeded in this new Commander ghola?

Oh gods this is escalating quickly... what if jade bots used to be people that were revived by jade bots?

Now for the post that really caught my eye.

22 hours ago, witcher.3197 said:

If in 2022 you still don't understand the difference between earning your reward and buying your reward then with all due respect I don't think you want to understand. I'll give you this one example though:

A lot of people are only playing Burning Crusade Classic right now to get their warglaives from the last boss of the raid. They are willing to spend months trying to grind it out because they just carry so much prestige. Do you think anyone would care about warglaives if you could spend 10$ on the store and buy it? Absolutely not. Fishing for 20 hours and converting gold so you can buy it from the store instead of spending 10$ doesn't solve the core problem. 

This is a major problem with GW2.

When everything's for sale, there's nothing to earn. Nothing to motivate people to play, to try harder, to improve, and to get invested.

The problem is that a llot of us do not require external validation.  I do not require people in a video game to fawn over me for all my in-game activities.  I like what I like and I do not care what others think in the game.  GW2 lacks what you describe because it doesn't aim to cater to those requiring external validation in every part of the game.  THere are still lots of stuff to show off your "prestige" in the game.  

Further, I, personally, prefer the current method of cosmetic acquisition.  If I want it I buy it.  It's just cosmetics and its for me, not for others to validate me as a person.  For example, I had bought a lot of pirate-themed stuff for one of my characters because I want pirate-themed stuff.  

22 hours ago, witcher.3197 said:

.. did you even read my post? I said store skins are fine during LS because that's free content, but if I paid 30$ for the expansion then your "but it's free content" logic doesn't apply.

If you can identify, plan, and execute a method to cover recurring business costs while only utilizing a revenue stream from major projects, with no other income at all, then you will have solved the R&D industry.  Quit your job and make 8 figures consulting for the major tech companies.  Literally, solving this in the way you want, as a consumer, will net you tens of millions per consult (over a hundred million if you have any semblance of sales knowledge).  Essentially, you seem to have no idea how massive and seemingly-impenetrable this aging problem is (that of how to maintain continuous revenue streams as an R&D firm without straying beyond core competencies and angering the consumers).

Edited by Rogue.8235
spelling
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 3

On 2/8/2022 at 5:06 PM, Asum.4960 said:

The massivelyop Article states that "your jade bot carries a certain number of charges and must be recharged at jade batteries scattered throughout the world", how, if at all, will that work for Core, HoT and PoF Maps?

Oh great... Now I'm scared by the thought of jade-tech all across Tyria. 😵 Dwayna save me! 🤯

• Haha 2
  • Confused 4

On 2/8/2022 at 2:06 PM, lokh.2695 said:

So more easy-mode stuff that people have to know less about the game and still feel like a bamf. Cool. Looking forward to strike CMs with players in nomads gear who don't know how to dodge or what their skills and traits do.

rofl the fun part is that a player with nomad gear hardly will be a noob.

2 hours ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

Oh great... Now I'm scared by the thought of jade-tech all across Tyria. 😵 Dwayna save me! 🤯

We know jade tech will be present all across Tyria, if only because of all the people running around with their little personal jade bots 😊

• Confused 2

4 hours ago, witcher.3197 said:

So none, then.

"Please continue to enjoy our game, subsidized for you by people purchasing items in the GS, despite some people's  absurd idea that selling  things as a business is 'greedy'. "

So, what were you saying again? You want to continue to enjoy the game, even if you have problems with people being able to purchase items on the GS? 🤔

If you want to 'earn' skins, you can. You're trying to make a problem where one doesn't exist. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, Obtena.7952 said:

Hopefully Jewelry 500 is definitely a surprise we get in EoD. Not really picky about how ... personally i'm hoping it's with the fishing but if it's with the Jade Bots, that's cool too. 

That makes me think of fly tying (something I immensely enjoy irl) ... Man, I'd probably get all giddy - even about simulated fishing - if that were included! Well, one can hope, anyway 😀

3 hours ago, Obtena.7952 said:

Hopefully Jewelry 500 is definitely a surprise we get in EoD. Not really picky about how ... personally i'm hoping it's with the fishing but if it's with the Jade Bots, that's cool too. 

Some of the articles already mention Jewelers will be crafting items for Jade Bots.

Power cores are crucial to keeping a Jade bot operational, and if our initial peek is anything to go by, Jewelers will have a whole new line of wares to craft and sell with these pieces of Jade. Aside from giving me more reason to get back to the workshop, power cores also provide additional benefits.

Here's one such article:  https://www.gamespace.com/all-articles/news/guild-wars-2-end-of-dragons-preview-why-were-excited-for-the-jade-tech-revolution/

The first surprise was that ArenaNet is finally giving Jewelers something more to craft than just Xunlai Electrum Ingots. Your Jade Bot has its own menu in the Hero panel, where you can equip power cores—tied to the Jeweler crafting discipline.

And another:  https://www.pcgamer.com/guild-wars-2s-new-jade-bots-could-be-the-best-feature-of-the-next-expansion/?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=socialflow&utm_medium=social

Edited by Inculpatus cedo.9234
more info
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Rogue.8235 said:

Yes yes yes please yes.  I don't care how much it costs!  I want a seeing-eye drone and this is perfect.  No more white cane hassles!  And, you don't have to pick up after it like a seeing-eye dog.  Plus, it probably communicates better than a dog.

ArenaNet, quit the video game industry and make real jade bots!  

Nevermind, I don't want to be killed by assassin robots....

Oh gods this is escalating quickly... what if jade bots used to be people that were revived by jade bots?

Now for the post that really caught my eye.

The problem is that a llot of us do not require external validation.  I do not require people in a video game to fawn over me for all my in-game activities.  I like what I like and I do not care what others think in the game.  GW2 lacks what you describe because it doesn't aim to cater to those requiring external validation in every part of the game.  THere are still lots of stuff to show off your "prestige" in the game.  

Further, I, personally, prefer the current method of cosmetic acquisition.  If I want it I buy it.  It's just cosmetics and its for me, not for others to validate me as a person.  For example, I had bought a lot of pirate-themed stuff for one of my characters because I want pirate-themed stuff.  

If you can identify, plan, and execute a method to cover recurring business costs while only utilizing a revenue stream from major projects, with no other income at all, then you will have solved the R&D industry.  Quit your job and make 8 figures consulting for the major tech companies.  Literally, solving this in the way you want, as a consumer, will net you tens of millions per consult (over a hundred million if you have any semblance of sales knowledge).  Essentially, you seem to have no idea how massive and seemingly-impenetrable this aging problem is (that of how to maintain continuous revenue streams as an R&D firm without straying beyond core competencies and angering the consumers).

I wasn't thinking of anything quite as elaborate as a seeing-eye dog. But yes that works as well.😀

Hopefuly Canthans have put in a way to stop insurrections.

4 hours ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

Hopefuly any Jade-tech recharge points will be limited to just the main citys of Tyria and some select large outposts. But then again we might beable to cop a charge of the way poin network. Who Knows we will hopefuly find out on Friday.

• Like 2

On 2/10/2022 at 1:46 AM, witcher.3197 said:

If in 2022 you still don't understand the difference between earning your reward and buying your reward then with all due respect I don't think you want to understand. I'll give you this one example though:

A lot of people are only playing Burning Crusade Classic right now to get their warglaives from the last boss of the raid. They are willing to spend months trying to grind it out because they just carry so much prestige. Do you think anyone would care about warglaives if you could spend 10$ on the store and buy it? Absolutely not. Fishing for 20 hours and converting gold so you can buy it from the store instead of spending 10$ doesn't solve the core problem. 

This is a major problem with GW2.

I get the whole personal prestige, Halo veterans complained about skins being sold alot, but its arrogance of you to diss other people's efforts when they don't play the same way. Doing raid or grinding for gold are the same in the sense that you put efforts in doing that content, without wiping credit card. I bought lot of QoL items using gold i grinded and i feel proud about it!

You don't get to decide how people should earn prestiges so get off your high horse!

Edit: and about your example, i can only think up LFG raid selling  but i didn't buy that, i play WvW instead for Armors. That the beauty of GW 2, isnt it? Alternative method to earn stuff without your credit card.

Edited by Ultramex.1506
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Perhaps all the Jade Bot threads can be merged?

Re: current live stream

I might not be a fan of the whole jade-tech idea and aesthetics per se, but I would be lying if I said that I didn't find what they did with the jade bots there quite amazing.

You do get the option to not use any of the jade bot tech (re: the person who asked on the other thread whether they would be forced to use them), but I think you would be losing out by doing so. These little fellas seem very useful all around.

Also, it seems that there are many collections attached to the new content, including these bots, and I always find doing collections to be a lot of fun.

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Blue D Phoenix.7260 said:

Well jade bot was a disappointment, at least outside cantha. 

I actually prefer most of the tech to remain in Cantha, because I don't want the rest of Tyria "poisoned" with the aesthetics nor the increase in technology.

That said, Jade Bots will be 100% useable outside of Cantha, so I don't know what you mean. They are only barred from certain endgame content such as raids, fractals, PvP and WvW - but that goes for a lot of things, as it would negatively impact the experience.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

While stream provided a clarity on a handfull of things (i.e. mistmatch between massivelyop and pcgamer articles on what the charges will be for, with former saying for "using abilities" and latter stated "for interacting with some enviromental stuff, like turrets and so" - latter one seems correct based on the stream) it still leaves me with a handfull of questions.

1. How "persistent" are personal jade waypoints when not used up? if I drop it, will it disappear when I leave the map? region? log character out? close the game?

2. What is the value treshold for "low value trash items", that are affected by the recyling module? (is it 1 silver 10 silver? 50 silver?)

Those are the most important ones I can recall from the top of my head.

Also I would like to go on a record, that guild hall decorations for: bot control console, bot customization table, those anchor bits for the bot elevator, batteries if the elevator is one of interactables using up the charges 🙂

3 minutes ago, Blue D Phoenix.7260 said:

Well jade bot was a disappointment, at least outside cantha. 

how so? from what they said on stream the only feature you loose out on outside of cantha is map-specific interactions "like turrets and such" which are powered by the jade charges. all the mastery abilities, and module stuff works exactly same in cantha and outside of cantha.

EDIT:

Just now, Ashantara.8731 said:

They are only barred from certain endgame content such as raids, fractals, PvP and WvW - but that goes for a lot of things, as it would negatively impact the experience.

And even then they are not barred completely - some abilities works in those areas on per ability basis - in particular they provided example of scavenging/recycling modules working in wvw as well.

Edited by Lord Trejgon.2809
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, Lord Trejgon.2809 said:

how so? from what they said on stream the only feature you loose out on outside of cantha is map-specific interactions "like turrets and such" which are powered by the jade charges. all the mastery abilities, and module stuff works exactly same in cantha and outside of cantha.

Like gliding and mounts which were new and used outside expansion maps, I expected a feature in eod which can be used as an expansion to gameplay. Jade bots had me at that, but its feature was more of an enhancement, quite restricted outside cantha. I was really excited about the free roam feature.

• Confused 4

3 minutes ago, Blue D Phoenix.7260 said:

Wish we could use jade bot's free roam feature everywhere in Pve, come on indigo give us the update :(

That's the one thing that leaves you all disappointed about Jade Bots? What about their many other features?

I think they are quite versatile, and the customization options are swell.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1