This is depressing

Zekent.3652

14 minutes ago, Arheundel.6451 said:

If you want pvp balance...play pvp, to see a game where only 2-3 professions being played and with multiple builds...while the rest is either gone or simply unplayable, I left pvp for this very reason and if you love this circus which is gw2 pvp....you are very welcome to stay here, we don't need this garbage being extended to the rest of the game 

Ohh ok, so you saying things like "nades barrage" which is nerfed in pvp but un-nerfed in WvW is totally fine.

4 hours ago, Sleepwalker.1398 said:

Ohh ok, so you saying things like "nades barrage" which is nerfed in pvp but un-nerfed in WvW is totally fine.

The two modes are different and require different splits. One of the great fallacies of the Feb2020 patch was balancing them with a single competitive balance, and then leaving WvW alone to fester.

lol anyway i thought i could never like any PvE rpg games, because i dislike gw2 pve..and only play pvp, as top25 player

then i played minecraft, on release it was boring and bad and slow, but now? it is intense and amazing and actually hard, even hard for a gw2 pvp top 25 player..i've never imagined any rpg pve would be this good..as most of my other rpgs were pretty much grind fest boring...

before i never could quit gw2 pvp because i also thought "gw2 pvp gameplay is too good" but after i built a house in minecraft..and comes back to gw2 pvp...it's is slow..it is boring..it is unfair..and full of bots and unfun..and even the gameplay seems way less interesting..which was something i thought i could never get rid of.

there's plenty of games out there..there's nothing really special and irreplaceable about gw2 "combat and movement"..you just didn't look, or not looking at all.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

20 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Pretty cringe for me to read that knowing that my big kitten axe isn't for DPS anymore...

Huh. That doesn't sound all too different from Gw2 PvP being honest.

Strong enough to hurl a giant boulder at someone, but not strong enough to have that boulder do a lick of damage.

I keep telling myself the boulder is made from papier-mâché so ask to not bring further ruin to my immersion.

2 minutes ago, Multicolorhipster.9751 said:

Huh. That doesn't sound all too different from Gw2 PvP being honest.

Strong enough to hurl a giant boulder at someone, but not strong enough to have that boulder do a lick of damage.

I keep telling myself the boulder is made from papier-mâché so ask to not bring further ruin to my immersion.

Can warrior's strength 'magic' be that CC's do damage?

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Can warrior's strength 'magic' be that CC's do damage?

That's an interesting idea, but i've seen today's balance patch preview and our chances don't seem very high.

Strength magic means nothing i'm afraid when conventional steel and shot has been mysteriously replaced with foam swords and nerf guns.

I suspect the thief mains are somehow involved, and I shall now go and beg for them to be nerfed even harder.

14 minutes ago, Multicolorhipster.9751 said:

That's an interesting idea, but i've seen today's balance patch preview and our chances don't seem very high.

Strength magic means nothing i'm afraid when conventional steel and shot has been mysteriously replaced with foam swords and nerf guns.

I suspect the thief mains are somehow involved, and I shall now go and beg for them to be nerfed even harder.

Meh, I play war just like I do thief and guard and rev.

I'd rather see them make war have damage be added to cc skills based on meeting conditions.

Like imagine if bull charge didn't knockdown unless the target was movement impaired, but bring back the original damage.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Crab Fear.1624 said:

I'd rather see them make war have damage be added to cc skills based on meeting conditions.

Like imagine if bull charge didn't knockdown unless the target was movement impaired, but bring back the original damage.

That sounds like an interesting idea for CC in general

Bull's Charge is a weird example because it had one of the highest power coefficients for all warrior skills at 2.0 before the Feb 25th patch. 2.0 was too high, 0.01 is too low. 

If they were able to find a midpoint between 1-shotting and criting for 13 damage, that would be dope and that would allow for more sophisticated interaction with conditions and such.

On 2/17/2022 at 9:28 PM, felix.2386 said:

like all the g3 p1 player thinking they are actually good and having such big egos.and it's always these players talk the biggest in matches. even tho it's really just bot tier. like get the hell out, you know nothing.

This is very true.

p1 is my skill ceiling, and many, many seasons ago when I first made it there I felt good about it. But last season I proved to myself that p1 means absolutely nothing.

I spammed almost 400 matches, played only on core valk ranger, and paid attention to exactly zero high level considerations (adjusting for enemy team comp, smart rotations, etc). I didn't even look at my MMR until one of my wins threw the giant plat badge in my face. I ended up with almost exactly 50-50 win rate (something like 200-195), p1, and rank 160. Literally all I did was the bare minimum - help make some kills, run away before dying, and win the majority of my side node contests (basically the only things valk ranger is good at). Very occasionally when someone not obviously stupid said "hey ranger, stop being useless and do X thing," I'd do X and usually it worked out. I need no further proof that p1 is essentially meaningless when it comes to good pvp gameplay.

Sadly this realization is not just a story of personal enlightenment - remember that my absolutely bare-minimum-scrub gameplay put me in the rank 160.

That strongly suggests that there are, at MAX, only 159 people who play this mode consistently above my scrub level. Given that a lot of top players can have multiple alts within even the top 50/100, the real number of actually good people is far less. That's... well into "dead game" territory in my book.

At this stage, if I were ANet, I would see very little point in trying hard to revive the mode; just leave it as the resource-farming mess it is now.

Edited by voltaicbore.8012
found out I was rank 160, so population is worse than I initially thought

13 hours ago, Paradoxoglanis.1904 said:

lol anyway i thought i could never like any PvE rpg games, because i dislike gw2 pve..and only play pvp, as top25 player

then i played minecraft, on release it was boring and bad and slow, but now? it is intense and amazing and actually hard, even hard for a gw2 pvp top 25 player..i've never imagined any rpg pve would be this good..as most of my other rpgs were pretty much grind fest boring...

before i never could quit gw2 pvp because i also thought "gw2 pvp gameplay is too good" but after i built a house in minecraft..and comes back to gw2 pvp...it's is slow..it is boring..it is unfair..and full of bots and unfun..and even the gameplay seems way less interesting..which was something i thought i could never get rid of.

there's plenty of games out there..there's nothing really special and irreplaceable about gw2 "combat and movement"..you just didn't look, or not looking at all.

I know right? like why is ff14 even mentioned on this post XD?

good comment btw 😂