Changes in EoD and Mystic Clovers [Merged]

This is what happens when Carl from the finance department is in charge of coming up with a new business model, completely and totally tone deaf towards the players. I mean we all knew it, they don't understand their game or their audience, this one was just like the final confirmation. And their aim is either pushing people to buy gems and converting them to gold, or multiple accounts for the log in reward (even though this is a one time purchase and not sustainable long term).

Anet do you even know your audience? Do you even have social media people to pay attention to the reaction of your audience? 

Seriously go back to the drawing board and truly try to figure out a real business model and not this crap, this way you are alienating your audience. In order to promote a new expansion you are killing old content, while promoting love everywhere content wise (talk about hypocritical). 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 3

9 hours ago, Ashen.2907 said:

"Axing" existing content, by making it unrewarding, means that even with several new strikes there is a net loss of rewarding content with the addition of the expansion.

Except regular fractals aren't affected only CMs. Plenty of people don't do CMs. You're talking essentially 3 fractal cms, not all fractals, so this isn't quite true.  I'll still do T4 Fractals because it's still a lot of gold.

• Like 3
  • Confused 3

3 minutes ago, Anaide.8251 said:

This is what happens when Carl from the finance department is in charge of coming up with a new business model, completely and totally tone deaf towards the players. I mean we all knew it, they don't understand their game or their audience, this one was just like the final confirmation. And their aim is either pushing people to buy gems and converting them to gold, or multiple accounts for the log in reward (even though this is a one time purchase and not sustainable long term).

Anet do you even know your audience? Do you even have social media people to pay attention to the reaction of your audience? 

Seriously go back to the drawing board and truly try to figure out a real business model and not this crap, this way you are alienating your audience. In order to promote a new expansion you are killing old content, while promoting love everywhere content wise (talk about hypocritical). 

I bet they know their audience a good deal better than you think they do.  Tell me, do you know the percentage of the playerbase that does T4 fractal CMs?  I don't either.  Anet probably does.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 5

They already went up by a lot. They went all the way up to 2.4... by the looks of it they will just keep going up and up and up and up...

This change is really horrible because MCs will most likely be super over price that a lot of people won't be able to swallow when they see the prices be so high when they want to get some for their legendaries.
I can't believe that even BDO has a better reward structure than GW2... I never thought I would be saying that about BDO.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, YamiNoNeko.8739 said:

They already went up by a lot. They went all the way up to 2.4... by the looks of it they will just keep going up and up and up and up...

This change is really horrible because MCs will most likely be super over price that a lot of people won't be able to swallow when they see the prices be so high when they want to get some for their legendaries.
I can't believe that even BDO has a better reward structure than GW2... I never thought I would be saying that about BDO.

The knee jerk price reaction won't actually stabilize until the expansion is out for a bit and people are actually getting mystic coins from the new source.  This has happened before where the community learns something, people panic buy, the pendulum swings one way and then the other. Until we see where it ends, we really won't know.

The same thing happened with stores raising the price on toilet paper because everyone was lined up to buy it.  But after all is said and done it went back down.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

4 minutes ago, Vayne.8563 said:

The knee jerk price reaction won't actually stabilize until the expansion is out for a bit and people are actually getting mystic coins from the new source.  This has happened before where the community learns something, people panic buy, the pendulum swings one way and then the other. Until we see where it ends, we really won't know.

The same thing happened with stores raising the price on toilet paper because everyone was lined up to buy it.  But after all is said and done it went back down.

MCs for a very long time were at 2g+ and they finally went down.

That's what you think and sure they can stable but they will be at a high price regardless, you won't be seeing them at 1g+ unless something is done about it by having every game mode reward you with some mcs because there was a better way to do it than putting every egg in one basket.

The finally boss of each CM could have being the only one that rewarded MCs and for raids and fractals, they could have added a weekly option to buy MCs.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, YamiNoNeko.8739 said:

MCs for a very long time were at 2g+ and they finally went down.

That's what you think and sure they can stable but they will be at a high price regardless, you won't be seeing them at 1g+ unless something is done about it by having every game mode reward you with some mcs because there was a better way to do it than putting every egg in one basket.

The finally boss of each CM could have being the only one that rewarded MCs and for raids and fractals, they could have added a weekly option to buy MCs.

But who said we should see them at 1 gold.   Legendary weapons were obviously meant to have a gold component and mystic coins are part of it.  There's still panick buying going on and it still affects the price.  The pendulum will likely swing back when cooler heads prevail. My only evidence is that this happens a lot when changes were made and they're usually not the end of the world.  But you can't judge the change now, because the other source isn't even in game yet.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Not only that, but it's locked behind EoD Strikes as well, IBS ones won't have that feature (judging from the post), so they are removing these MC's from content that was available to everyone, Fractals, and locking them behind latest expansion purchase.

Still wanna wait till EoD launches to see how everything is going to pan out, but it leaves a bad taste.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Brandon Uzumaki.1524 said:

Not only that, but it's locked behind EoD Strikes as well, IBS ones won't have that feature (judging from the post), so they are removing these MC's from content that was available to everyone, Fractals, and locking them behind latest expansion purchase.

Still wanna wait till EoD launches to see how everything is going to pan out, but it leaves a bad taste.

Yeah I feel like they do this to force ppl into buying the expack if they still want the rewards they were ALREADY earning. Which is really bad practice and I feel really disappointed cuz I thought they are different from the other MMO devs. But in the end they prove to be just as greedy...

Edited by George.9745
  • Like 4
  • Confused 4

1 minute ago, Brandon Uzumaki.1524 said:

I can't agree more.

The game should have remain b2p if there mindset was to also target f2p accounts.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Vayne.8563 said:

But who said we should see them at 1 gold.   Legendary weapons were obviously meant to have a gold component and mystic coins are part of it.  There's still panick buying going on and it still affects the price.  The pendulum will likely swing back when cooler heads prevail. My only evidence is that this happens a lot when changes were made and they're usually not the end of the world.  But you can't judge the change now, because the other source isn't even in game yet.

Yes of course legendaries should be like that but ANET cares about $ is why skins in the gamestore are a better quality than the ones we get from legendaries with all the work we put in and the gold that goes into it.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 3

Feels like MCs will be more obtainable for the majority of the playerbase, which means more MCs on the TP. Not so many players were doing fractal CMs CONSISTENTLY, and for those who were, MCs were (and are atm) dropping every now and then. Had times when they dropped 6-8 in 2 days and had 4 or 5 days in a row in which I haven't seen a single one (from CMs that is). So, it was (and still is atm) a gamble to play CMs for MCs. I was doing CMs 'cause they were fun, challenging, 'cause they were rewarding (fractal research pages, unstable fractal essence and integrated fractal matrixes, and of course, gold). The MCs were something extra. Never went into LFG for fractal CMs with the thought of getting MCs... That will just set you up for disappointment. It's still true that we will see less MCs from fractals on the TP (cause you'll still be able to get MCs from daily fractal chests). That might have an impact on MC prices, but I don't think it will impact the fractal population that much. 

What might have been a problem is the reset time on Mystic Clovers acquisition from the fractal vendor. Right now, you can get 2 pieces a day, that's 14 a week. In the new patch will be 10 pieces a week. Is this a big change? Remains to be seen. Doesn't seem that big of a problem to me. So, you be able to get MCs from fractal CMs anymore? No. Will there be players in fractal CMs anymore? Ye, I think so.

What bothers me is that the cost of a legendary piece (talking just about the MCs here), has doubled, MCs wise. Yes, they're more obtainable cause more people will be doing strikes, so we will see more of them on the TP. BUT, will there be enough MCs to be obtained so the prices of the MCs will stabilize and not skyrocket? You doubled the price, u should be doubling the MCs you can obtain, unless you want them to be higher in price. 

EDIT: Ok, so the price per clover might not be doubling if you're also doing strikes, but it's still rising.

"In addition to their own new set of rewards, Guild Wars 2: End of Dragons strikes will have two weekly-limited trades, allowing you to exchange your Green Prophet Shards for materials used to create legendary equipment.

• 10 Times per Week: Trade 10 Green Prophet Shards and 1 Spirit Shard for 1 Mystic Coin
  • 5 Times per Week: Trade 30 Green Prophet Shards, 2 Mystic Coins, 2 Globs of Ectoplasm, and 2 Spirit Shards for 1 Mystic Clover"
  •  

Edited by DarkXi.3289
adding some info
  • Like 3
  • Confused 2

10 minutes ago, ugrakarma.9416 said:

gw2 as we know will be dead, is becoming a typical pay to win. "win" here mean fashion stuff, legendaries or just farm gold.

i even don't mind much if content is good, but i imagine EoD something like DRM's level in "open world".

How is it becoming p2w? Anet isn't forcing you to buy alt accounts. The players are litterally doing it themselves. Even before today I saw people with 10+ alt accounts.

1 hour ago, Vayne.8563 said:

I bet they know their audience a good deal better than you think they do.  Tell me, do you know the percentage of the playerbase that does T4 fractal CMs?  I don't either.  Anet probably does.  

So it's relevant to cripple the players that do play them? There's people that only do fractals, nothing else and now they take away reasons to do them. This is just a bad move and I hope Anet will see that.
Decreasing the amount would've been fine, but removing it completely makes people panic buying. Just look at Mystic Coin prices. It went from around 1g 70s to way over 2g just the first few minutes after the blog post and now they are at 2g 30s and still moving up. I'm sure MC rates will be around the same as after the changes, but until people realize that the mystic coin market is going to be chaotic.

• Like 4
  • Confused 3

26 minutes ago, Trungar.5031 said:

How is it becoming p2w? Anet isn't forcing you to buy alt accounts. The players are litterally doing it themselves. Even before today I saw people with 10+ alt accounts.

"pay to win" inst just about that u say.

But is about a predatory "bussness model" or mindset.

look, they just straight up have a ideia to use mystic coin(the obvious gold carrot) economy to boost new content, this never has been done before. basically "play EoD then become rich".

im very worried about future of gw2.

Edited by ugrakarma.9416
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 8

Anytime anet does anything this community throws a temper tantrum 

If all anet ever did was add more and more sources for things and only buffed things the inflation would become insane.

This is how you have to do things in a game with horizontal progression.

This change is going to increase the supply of mystic coins accros the player population and will decrease their price in the long term, the amount of players that actually did CMs daily is so small in the grand scheme 

The only people this "negatively" effects is like the very top 1% of players that do daily fractal CMs and hoard stacks of mystic coins. These kind of players are already generating more wealth and resources than 99% of players. I find it hard to believe that the daily fractal CM community is going to have any issue clearing these new strikes just as quickly for their MCs.

This is just the rich crying about losing pennies in the short term.

God forbid anet makes MCs more accessible to the average player. Boo hoo mr full legendary in all slots cant get a handful of extra MCs every day for doing the same thing they have been doing for years.

Edited by Kayberz.5346
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 7
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 9

5 minutes ago, Kayberz.5346 said:

Anytime anet does anything this community throws a temper tantrum 

If all anet ever did was add more and more sources for things and only buffed things the inflation would become insane.

This is how you have to do things in a game with horizontal progression.

This change is going to increase the supply of mystic coins accros the player population and will decrease their price in the long term, the amount of players that actually did CMs daily is so small in the grand scheme 

The only people this "negatively" effects is like the very top 1% of players that do daily fractal CMs and hoard stacks of mystic coins. These kind of players are already generating more wealth and resources than 99% of players. I find it hard to believe that the daily fractal CM community is going to have any issue clearing these new strikes just as quickly for their MCs.

This is just the rich crying about losing pennies in the short term.

God forbid anet makes MCs more accessible to the average player. Boo hoo mr full legendary in all slots cant get a handful of extra MCs every day for doing the same thing they have been doing for years. 

Yes. My efforts to improve should be rewarded. It's not like I payed extra to earn those. I play the game just like you do. And I try to improve and be better every day. And I don't care if MC become more available. I care that from the source I play the most they remove them completely. I totally agree that they need a nerf drop, but dropping to 0. Being glad for the bad hapenning to others. One day they will nerf the content YOU LOVE. And I will laugh and feel 0 empathy for you just like you do with us. :3

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 7

2 minutes ago, George.9745 said:

Yes. My efforts to improve should be rewarded. It's not like I payed extra to earn those. I play the game just like you do. And I try to improve and be better every day. And I don't care if MC become more available. I care that from the source I play the most they remove them completely. I totally agree that they need a nerf drop, but dropping to 0. Being glad for the bad hapenning to others. One day they will nerf the content YOU LOVE. And I will laugh and feel 0 empathy for you just like you do with us. :3

If ypu do daily fractals you already are doing the most profitable content in the game.

God forbid you only be rich instead of uber rich

• Like 7
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 5

5 minutes ago, Kayberz.5346 said:

If ypu do daily fractals you already are doing the most profitable content in the game.

God forbid you only be rich instead of uber rich

Check the fast farm website. They do all the math. Currently is more proffitable to do drizzlewood for 1h that doing daily fractals. So how are fractals making us uber rich if being a bot running after events rewards you more? Please explain

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 5

leaving the MC reward aside, with this changes there's 0 reasons to do fractal CM. Fractal relics can be obtained through normal t4 (just take more time) and the weekly rewards just make the gamemode a "1 in a week" event, and if that's the case, instead i prefer to log on, jump to wvw and have even more fun and also have the ability of use whatever build i want...

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

But they do this all the time. You are forced to go specific content for specific rewards

What i dont get is ... who was ever asking for more Clovers? Was the question not, how can we make mystic coins more accesable via playing the game and not just buy xy other accounts and hord on log-in awards?

I don't need Clovers, i need coins and these now will get more expensive?

I just don't get anets thinking ...

• Like 5
  • Confused 1