Which is the exact time of release?

35 minutes ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

According to the Wiki, it will be 3 hours and 40 minutes from now (17:00 CET), that means 1 hour earlier than estimated:
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Main_Page

Then I suspect that the wiki has somehow got its timezones messed up, because ANet explicitely stated on Twitter that EoD will launch at 9 a.m. PST, which is an hour later than what the wiki displays.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

Awww, and I got hyped about the earlier time. Hmph.

Don't tell me ... the patch is supposed to hit right around dinner time, and after dinner I'll have to drive the kids somewhere ... although with our internet speed it'll probably take an hour to patch anyway 😂.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Rasimir.6239 said:

Then I suspect that the wiki has somehow got its timezones messed up, because ANet explicitely stated on Twitter that EoD will launch at 9 a.m. PST, which is an hour later than what the wiki displays.

From the Wiki - "The Guild Wars 2: End of Dragons expansion is scheduled to release on Monday, February 28, 2022 at 17:00 (local time). You can watch the launch livestream preshow at 15:00 (2 hours before launch), and the developer launch livestream is scheduled for 16:00 (1hour before launch)." 

17:00 UTC = 9:00 AM PST or 18:00 CET, so the Wiki appears to have it fine. 

Edited by Stelawrat.6589
  • Confused 1

17 minutes ago, Stelawrat.6589 said:

[...] "at 17:00 (local time)." [...]

17:00 UTC = 9:00 AM PST or 18:00 CET, so the Wiki appears to have it fine. 

Local time for me is 17:00 CET not, UTC (the Wiki should be able to read my IP and show me my time zone, otherwise the term "local time" wouldn't make any sense).

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

Local time for me is 17:00 CET not, UTC (the Wiki can read my IP and shows me my time zone).

So if you're in the CET, then you are 1 hour ahead of the UTC & if the game is launching at 17:00 UTC, then it would be at 18:00 CET for you, or I'm totally out to lunch. 😞

Or you're just playing weasely launch day games with me, messing with my mind eh? 😛

• Confused 1

20 minutes ago, Stelawrat.6589 said:

So if you're in the CET, then you are 1 hour ahead of the UTC & if the game is launching at 17:00 UTC, then it would be at 18:00 CET for you, or I'm totally out to lunch. 😞

Or you're just playing weasely launch day games with me, messing with my mind eh? 😛

Again, the Wiki (incorrectly) shows me 17:00 CET, not UTC.

• Confused 1

15 minutes ago, Rasimir.6239 said:

What kind of update are you expecting at this time? You just said yourself that the expansion patch will hit in 2 hours.

Sorry I meant update like in a tweet saying "in 2 hours launch will happen" yesterday they gave few tweets like that, so I thought some hype building would happen. now they updated.