Todays nerfs prove that Anet DESPISES Solo Players

dougalkeane.4601

The only issue I have is that I have no LW and my whole gold farm is Fractals followed by PVE solo Open World due to the timezone. I only have about 2 hours to play between work, thats 45/50 minutes on T4(with a good group, which majority are) and the rest on Open World solo content. 

As a Scourge the Torment rune nerf now means I have to go back to sustain talents alone. Sustain talents, I know, increase my kill times severely and that means less content and less gold per day. The gold to gem ratios are already obscene which means my months of grinding for a LW expansion are now close to impossible and I'd have an easier time working in real life to buy gems then getting gold. 

This is without adding the part where they nerfed barrier and natural sustain from abilities. Meaning even my current sustain build may not be enough for solo stuff like HoT without a full Affix switch which I now have to grind mats for which is now time off my gold farm.

In short: People who have actual kittening jobs, and whose parents don't pay for their kitten so they can basement dwell and play all day, got absolutely kittened by Anet.

kitten me for wanting to grind enough gold to buy the content in game rather than spend money I ain't got. Can't even afford the kittenin griffon yet. 

Edited by Horus.8304
  • Like 16
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, VPK.1796 said:

To be honest, I've lost the motivation to try the expansion.

My current mental state right now.

Out of 25 alts, I only have 2 characters that have their all storylines completed. One mirage with tormenting runes, and one renegade optimising battle scars for the return to. I use them because of the good sustain. Quite obvious isn’t it?

I thought I was ready for eod. I was ready to start the story right away after the update. Turns out I wasn’t. I have to revise my builds first. Not too big a deal but definitely killed my motivation to do anything now. 
And I’m not sure how long it would take for my interest in gw2 to reignite.

I mean, story instances wouldn’t be so bad if your fellow companions like Braham, Rytlock, etc, actually function like your companions.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 3

1 minute ago, Raffrey.5271 said:

I thought I was ready for eod. I was ready to start the story right away after the update. Turns out I wasn’t. I have to revise my builds first. Not too big a deal but definitely killed my motivation to do anything now. 

Whether they are warranted or not, it would have been better for them to do the nerfs signficantly before or a while after launch day.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, adversity.8427 said:

También quiero participar en la remota posibilidad de que Anet realmente lea este hilo y considere hacer cambios.

Prácticamente todos los nerfs sostenidos afectan una construcción que uso. Como han dicho otros, no se han ofrecido alternativas dentro de las líneas de rasgos individuales (es decir, elegir un rasgo de aumento de DPS o un rasgo sostenido, pero con este último en valores más altos que los actuales), lo cual es muy desalentador.

Anet, si debes debilitar seriamente los rasgos y runas existentes para que se usen las nuevas especificaciones de élite de EoD, creo que deberías haber mejorado las especificaciones de EoD para que al menos pudieran ser comparables con lo que ya estaba disponible para los jugadores.

Esta es la primera expansión de Guild Wars 2 que se lanza desde que comencé a jugar y estoy profundamente decepcionado.

anet never reverts her changes, and I think that they don't know how to answer in the forum anymore, since the big layoffs anet hasn't returned to the forum. Luckily I have been farsighted and I have not bought EoD nor do I intend to.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

27 minutes ago, Einsof.1457 said:

Sorry, you'll have to roll every now and then now 😞

Pal, I would if I could, but my brain is literally physically addled to the point where I can't effectively play the game if forced to dodge every attack. You coming here to berate people for problems you personally don't have helps nobody and only reinforces the problem of dissuading casual players like me from playing the game.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 7
  • Confused 1

32 minutes ago, Einsof.1457 said:

God forbid developers of an MMO want players to play with each other more often. lol

So why not, I don't know, develop OW pve content to reflect the difficulty that was ramping up in IBS then? You needed to actually play around enemy mechanics or face being one-shot or whatever else. But maybe you didn't play that, otherwise you'd know about it. There's also instanced pve content - the only pve content that truly matters - that requires you to engage with enemy mechanics. But maybe you don't play that either? It'd be nice if you somewhat knew what you were talking about and argued in good faith rather than being an annoying contrarian against the self-sustain of quality-of-life builds in OW content that was irrelevant in content that actually matters.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, Gibson.4036 said:

If we talk about it here, will it invite more nerfs? 😄

Except it's not catering to just one person. There's harder content in fractals/raids/strike missions/challenge mode strikes/pvp/wvw/some world bosses/.

Why can't there be some low-intensity options for people who need them? How does someone running around the world with a lot of sustain damage your play?

Even with these nerfs, the story chain is extremely low intensity. You literally can't lose.  

• Like 1
  • Confused 13

2 minutes ago, Tiberius.3802 said:

So why not, I don't know, develop OW pve content to reflect the difficulty that was ramping up in IBS then? You needed to actually play around enemy mechanics or face being one-shot or whatever else. But maybe you didn't play that, otherwise you'd know about it. There's also instanced pve content - the only pve content that truly matters - that requires you to engage with enemy mechanics. But maybe you don't play that either? It'd be nice if you somewhat knew what you were talking about and argued in good faith rather than being an annoying contrarian against the self-sustain of quality-of-life builds in OW content that was irrelevant in content that actually matters.

You're mad at someone that likes the multiplayer M in MMO. Think about that. Maybe I'm not the crazy one here.

Edited by Einsof.1457
  • Like 2
  • Confused 14

Just now, Einsof.1457 said:

Even with these nerfs, the story chain is extremely low intensity. You literally can't lose.  

So then why did nerfing self-sustain matter to them? What exactly are you even arguing against if story chains that can be soloed were already "extremely low intensity"?

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Einsof.1457 said:

God forbid developers of an MMO want players to play with each other more often. lol

Except these changes mainly impact people playing content where it's not an unreasonable expectation to play solo .. in fact, it's the expectation that these traits are used in places where people are playing content solo ... so your comment doesn't make sense. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 8

1 minute ago, Tiberius.3802 said:

So then why did nerfing self-sustain matter to them? What exactly are you even arguing against if story chains that can be soloed were already "extremely low intensity"?

No idea. The nerfs don't bother me at all. There are 4 build specs for each profession. 36 build types, with many traits and skills you can sprinkle in. Literally thousands of builds. Figure out what works for you. 

Edited by Einsof.1457
  • Like 1
  • Confused 11

You're mad at someone that likes the multiplayer M in MMO. Think about that. Maybe I'm not the crazy one here.

You're assuming I'm mad without addressing a single point I made against you. You may not be crazy, but you're intellectually lazy with your haphazard and weak retorts.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 6
  • Haha 2

As a Warrior main, who has had every single bit of solo capability and fun build diversity stripped away from him at every turn; I can only say "First time?" We had Healbreaker, it was one of 3 viable/meta warrior builds in sPvP. Anet saw we were enjoying ourselves. Nerfed into the ground. We had Burstzerker in WvW, Anet saw we were having fun out there. Nerfed into the ground. We have been made to choose between Power Bannerslave or Condi Bannerslave in all forms of group content, because that's all anet wants us to be able to do because they HATE Warrior players. I am convinced of this, and now they're just spreading the hate to some of the other specs in a bid to force players to play the new specs.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

2 minutes ago, Tiberius.3802 said:

You're assuming I'm mad without addressing a single point I made against you. You may not be crazy, but you're intellectually lazy with your haphazard and weak retorts.

People act like these nerfs are some sort of attack by anet directly on them as a person. It's not. We all have to deal with it. I mained chrono during the massive chrono nerf years ago. I know what it's like. You know what I learned? Adapt and overcome. Find something fun and just play. If anet steals it, go back into the traits and figure out something new. Or roll the new meta, whatever you want. It's a game. It's not meant to be taken personally when devs do what they do. Folks that are upset that their sustain builds cant really sustain really just need to start rolling and blocking more. I'm sorry, but this is NOT a bad thing. 

Edited by Einsof.1457
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 16

People act like these nerfs are some sort of attack by anet directly on them as a person. It's not. We all have to deal with it. I mained chrono during the massive chrono nerf years ago. I know what it's like. You know what I learned? Adapt and overcome. Find something fun and just play. 

I agree, Ultimately if you want to play Warrior in any content other than raids is all about rolling with the punches, but It really do be feeling like a personal attack when Burstzerker and Healbreaker were taken from me in the past 6 months alone. Still, Now I just play my own homebrew builds. Ive learned my profession enough to know what works in each mode. So ultimately this guy is right. Just gotta learn to cope with the changes, and move forward.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Einsof.1457 said:

No idea. The nerfs don't bother me at all. There are 4 build specs for each profession. 36 build types, with many traits and skills you can sprinkle in. Literally thousands of builds. Figure out what works for you. 

That's the problem you're willfully ignoring just so you can be needlessly rude against us. We did figure out what worked for us. It caused no harm to others, and let us enjoy the game.

Now that the builds that we figured out worked for us, were suddenly nerfed to irrelevancy, we have fewer options for enjoyment for seemingly zero reason. A whole playstyle and large section of players, alienated in one fell swoop.

Edited by Kabosu.5149
  • Like 16
  • Thanks 5
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, Kabosu.5149 said:

That's the problem you're willfully ignoring just so you can be needlessly rude against us. We did figure out what worked for us. It caused no harm to others, and let us enjoy the game.

Now that the builds that we figured out worked for us, were suddenly nerfed to irrelevancy, we have fewer options for enjoyment for seemingly zero reason. A whole playstyle and large section of players, alienated in one fell swoop.

Okay, real talk here. Exactly what you are saying right now is EXACTLY what I was saying right here on the forums in 2019 when chrono was gutted. I know what it's like, and all I can say is after taking months off after my build got gutted, I cam back with a renewed mindset. It helps to know that you're not alone, and that we gotta just roll with it. It sucks but they cant balance this much. They have to knock some down pegs  and bring others up. It's how a game of this much customization works. FFXIV, another mmo i resub to a few times a year doesnt have builds or boons or anything. You are either dps/tank/healer based on your class(job). Only gear ilvl matters. almost all roles are near perfectly balanced, but they are all very similar too. I don't want gw2 to ever be like that. An unbalanced mess is a lot more fun than pure 3-role homogenization. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 8

12 minutes ago, Einsof.1457 said:

I'm not sure you understand what the nerfs are, since it's not just torment runes that were nerfed. Most of the nerfs are for baseline sustain talents on their respective classes; you can't just build around that sort of change when the option isn't there anymore. I think in a few of these cases it's not just the nerf that's an issue, it's the severity of the nerf that's hard to understand; the Thief nerf in particular I kind of question, since the class has no other way to make up for that.

Besides, if it doesn't bother you I'm not sure why you're even commenting the way you are other than to try and antagonize people that it does bother. At the very least there should be some understanding that people don't want solo ability nerfed at the exact time that new content is released that pulls most potential help away from the older content that they want to be able to solo. Heart of Thorns has always been hard enough as it is, being able to get Jade Bots somewhere along the line and only if you have the expansion isn't really a remedy for losing that sustain right now.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, Einsof.1457 said:

Make friends? Join a guild? 

i have been playing since beta and you know what? I have NEVER needed those things to play GW2.

so why now? hmm?

i just love playing open world content tbh and since i don't play at prime times, it's usually alone. but i have always accepted that. problem is, they destroyed most if not all of the sustain builds in one fell swoop for no real good reason and that is the problem i have with this.

Edited by fixit.7189
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 6