Enough is Enough!

mossmere.9503

EOD hasn't even been out for 24 hours and I've seen countless posts/threads with screaming about: I'm not buying EOD because espec's suck; They've wrecked the game due to nerfs to remove powercreep; This espec sucks because...; The new map sucks because... etc...

It's sickening. No one has a clue what really sucks or not. It was just released! The build makers have yet to even figure out what works or what doesn't, nevermind the rest of us! The release has bugs (of course it does! what new expansion in a game has had zero bugs ever?) and expecting the dev's to instantaneously fix it is ridiculous! People screaming I'm not buying this because this espec sucks, I have to ask. How the heck do you know that? You can't even try it because you don't own the content! There has been less then one whole day for anyone to figure out anything which is not enough time for such a complicated game.

Frankly, I see a real lack of critical thinking, reasoning, emotional maturity or patience. 

Just venting because anyone reading these forums would think GW2 just bombed and it didn't! UGH

P.S.

Dear Devs: I really hope you have popcorn and are enjoying the cesspool of humanity show. Don't pull out your hair over these stupid threads, including mine. 🤣

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 22

The thing is: The playerbase gave feedback for the e-specs for 6 months. And as far as I can see they did nearly nothing from the fourth beta until release (hold on, is this the fifth beta?). For example Catalyst (I'm an ele main) is still terrible, a failed spec. And there were lot of ideas of smart fixes. And they did nothing but nerf the quickness uptime and nerf a bit of hammer damage. It's still too many mini games, too much effort for mediocre reward, still a weird mix of leftover ideas for tempest and weaver, still not viable in any pvp mode etc. And looking through the other profession's threads I see a pattern... Sure, for me the story is nice and the world is beautiful. But once I leave Cantha to mainly play WvW and a bit of sPvP I am left with no new runes or sigils, just 2 new stats (and none in sPvP) and 9 e-specs from which are 2 or 3 maybe good and the rest is between mediocre and totally failed. 

Let me get this straight: I think they did a wonderful job with the world, the story, the music, the new characters, the landscape, the liveliness of the maps and the overall looks (perfomance issues aside). But once you look at the gameplay aspects, the stuff this add-on should add and the things it actually did add you get not much out of it besides e-specs that didn't change, a boat, a rod, a tortoise and a bot...

Edited by Flori.2194
added some fluff
  • Like 24
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 1

I do agree that there are multiple legitimate complaints. To clarify, I am not referring to those. Ele is a horrible dumpster fire and has been for a long time. My hubby plays Ele and won't touch the new espec and I don't blame him. I have no idea what the point of Cat is.  I tried the new Ranger and don't like it. Doesn't feel good, buttons are weird now (F6 for attack my target? Little hands, huge reach. Doubt I'll ever use it.) but I'll wait for mains to try that out before complaining. Dislike some of the changes to mesmer but have high hopes that Virt will give us a viable fractal build that will be welcome. So, yeah I have complaints too but a wait and see approach makes more sense to me then just screaming on the forums that it's doomsday. (Except Ele, my sincerest apologies to you guys. You got shafted in my opinion.) 

Btw: I consider legitimate complaints to be level headed pointers. As in, the nerf to this traitline for this skill has removed this build from the game because.., This espec doesn't work because it has no place other then PvE and the other builds do it better because... etc.  Actual information about what, why and how not just screaming I quit!

• Confused 1

The issue is a bit compounded. What is the first thing you do when there is an expansion? Go to your main and see how the new elite plays out. And the game was released 9:00 AM Pacific, so most US players accessed it it 9-12, which is work time, so they had limited time to test anything. In addition, this expansion we had through testing of the new elites, which was nice. However, since players spent few to dozen hours testing, there were performance benchmarks and humongous amount of feedback.

Then Anet released clearly incomplete new elites, from last beta, with almost no changes, even though the beta was months ago. It leaves a bad taste in everyone mouth. Sure, PoF and HoT elites were similar or worse at release, but had no where close to the amount of testing and feedback.

And this is what most people walked into. It killed everyone’s excitement and overshadowed everything else. The new regions and story could be terrific, but everything started crap. And we will be stuck here for like a week. It is justified or not, I will leave that to you. However, I do feel significantly disappointed right now. I was shrugging through the story and the new area with the new guardian elite, instead of having a blast. To the point that I was thinking going back to DH so at least my impression about the new elite does jot poison my experience in the new areas. I will probably do that later today.

Edited by otto.5684
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

To be fair, literally all of the e-specs objectively suck.  I almost always look at things empiracally over kneejerk reaction, but there is no questions about it.  Nothing wrong with calling a spade a spade.  When the majority of your game enjoyment comes from your class, and knowing any expected novel class enjoyment doesn't exist in this expansion, naturally you're going to get sour about everything.  Like waking up with a sore neck on your wedding day.  It permeates everything.  Fortunately I'm too casual to let it temper the novelty of the new expansion, but if I was as sweaty as I used to be, I'd be more than a little perturbed at the circumstances.

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, Zizekent.2398 said:

Forums always have been a place of doom and gloom, no one is ever happy, this expansion is being good.

Bit of a Broad statement there, other people are allowed different opinions then you, gotta respect everyone to be  respected back. 
The e-specs had six months of work and we were told they wanted to do more work on them after they didn't have the time to change much between beta's. The fact that they hardly changed at all and are released in a disappointing state, people should be allowed to be disappointed. Otherwise, what is the point of feedback if its all positive? Nothing would change then and the game would die off. 

4 hours ago, mossmere.9503 said:

People screaming I'm not buying this because this espec sucks, I have to ask. How the heck do you know that? You can't even try it because you don't own the content!

Four class beta weeks?

Not much change since the last one.

🤷‍♂️

Dear Devs: I really hope you have popcorn and are enjoying the cesspool of humanity show. Don't pull out your hair over these stupid threads, including mine. 🤣

Devs pulling out popcorn to enjoy the misery of their customers is surely good for business.. 🙄

Edited by Xenesis.6389
  • Like 8

59 minutes ago, Xenesis.6389 said:

Devs pulling out popcorn to enjoy the misery of their customers is surely good for business.. 🙄

More like the misery of the gw2 forum, anyone here defending the decision of the Devs or like a new elite basically gets dog piled on.

My post "Hey guys I like Virtuoso and am having fun"

The reply "It suck, you are objectively the worst player if you like it"
"The shatter is actually worse than chrono so don't just play HoT elite spec."
"The numbers are worse"
"The class is buggy and broken"
and so on.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5

Just now, Mell.4873 said:

More like the misery of the gw2 forum, anyone here defending the decision of the Devs or like a new elite basically gets dog piled on.

My post "Hey guys I like Virtuoso and am having fun"

The reply "It suck, you are objectively the worst player if you like it"
"The shatter is actually worse than chrono so don't just play HoT elite spec."
"The numbers are worse"
"The class is buggy and broken"
and so on.

Maybe take a moment to understand why people are having concerns instead of just blindly defending something. 

But oh noes I guess we should all just shut up and just watch the dps meters right?

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Xenesis.6389 said:

Maybe take a moment to understand why people are having concerns instead of just blindly defending something. 

But oh noes I guess we should all just shut up and just watch the dps meters right?

Its more no one has anything constructive to say so why say it. I try and be positive rather than being negative to the new elite specs.

I will say reddit is a completely different story the main complaint there is the maps are not full enough since they messed with the mega servers so they didn't crash on launch day.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

Just now, Mell.4873 said:

Its more no one has anything constructive to say so why say it. I try and be positive rather than being negative to the new elite specs.

I will say reddit is a completely different story the main complaint there is the maps are not full enough since they messed with the mega servers so they didn't crash on launch day.

People have explained it to you, you ignore it, only so many times someone will repeat something to you "nicely".

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Xenesis.6389 said:

People have explained it to you, you ignore it, only so many times someone will repeat something to you "nicely".

I guess, i'm a sucker for punishment then since i don't learn i just keep posting how much i like the new elites specializations.

1 hour ago, Mell.4873 said:

The mesmer forums are always: “mesmer is the worst, wghhhhh.” There is a reason why I rarely go there 😝

And I too like Virtuoso. I think it is one of the more fun elites. Though I find its sustain pretty lacking. It has other significant issues as well.

As for positivity, sadly not my overall impression either. I think when the dust settles, this will be a better experience than PoF. Nevertheless, it started very poorly due to Anet tardiness and poor management. Clearly class balance was cut, considering the lack of changes from the second beta 5 month ago. Anet balance team deserves all the negativity the are getting.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, otto.5684 said:

The mesmer forums are always: “mesmer is the worst, wghhhhh.” There is a reason why I rarely go there 😝

And I too like Virtuoso. I think it is one of the more fun elites. Though I find its sustain pretty lacking. It has other significant issues as well.

As for positivity, sadly not my overall impression either. I think when the dust settles, this will be a better experience than PoF. Nevertheless, it started very poorly due to Anet tardiness and poor management. Clearly class balance was cut, considering the lack of changes from the second beta 5 month ago. Anet balance team deserves all the negativity the are getting.

Yeah i mostly agree with your points, i too don't think its as bad as people make it out.

The only thing i have found difficult with sustain is getting enough F1 Bladesongs off, I don't really want to trait for 2 charges since that tree focuses on phantasms. what helps are utilities I found, fill the gap between shatters.
Another issue is fighting to many enemies at the same time, after about 3 it is really hard to manage and time the aegis.

This post isn't any more productive than the posts you're complaining about. 

I don't need to 'wait' to know that nerfing power thiefs lifesteal from 20% to 6% will make that GRAND Master trait 100% useless, even though power Thief wasn't a top Solo spec.  

Some of these changes are just obviously poorly executed and players have a right to speak their minds.

• Like 3

Stuff being released weak is fine.  Powercreep has been a problem for years and the only way to stop the cycle is to nerf the old content and release new content that's not powercrept.

So people complaining about POWER are just wrong.

The real problem is the designs themselves are almost all terrible and they keep nerfing core lol.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, DeceiverX.8361 said:

Stuff being released weak is fine.  Powercreep has been a problem for years and the only way to stop the cycle is to nerf the old content and release new content that's not powercrept.

So people complaining about POWER are just wrong.

The real problem is the designs themselves are almost all terrible and they keep nerfing core lol.

This just goes around in circles.

Critics: The design is bad
People who enjoy elite: But I like the design

Critics: You don't like them because the skills and traits are useless
People who enjoy elite: I like the skills and traits since they all feel useful for both pve and pvp

Critics: No you don't since the Chrono and Mirage are better
People who enjoy elite: I don't think so since it an easier rotation

Critics: But the damage numbers are worse, here is X example
People who enjoy elite: Ohhhh????

Edited by Mell.4873
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Mell.4873 said:

This just goes around in circles.

Critics: The design is bad
People who enjoy elite: But I like the design

Critics: You don't like them because the skills and traits are useless
People who enjoy elite: I like the skills and traits since they all feel useful for both pve and pvp

Critics: No you don't since the Chrono and Mirage are better
People who enjoy elite: I don't think so since it an easier rotation

Critics: But the damage numbers are worse, here is X example
People who enjoy elite: Ohhhh????

Liking a bad design does not make it good.  It just means they like a bad design.

Equally, something good from a numeric perspective can still be bad design, and in the case of the PoF specs, it often is, too.

• Like 2

It's fun to see how every forum have the same thing, when a bad release come with the traditional backlash, every time you get a wk topic like this.

Dude there's problem, people justify it and talk about it, that's healthy for the game you know?  ( at least if they hear us )

We all want a better game, thanks there's not much people like you

"I see a real lack of critical thinking, reasoning, emotional "

That's just what you'r doing right now

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rekhaa.2748 said:

It's fun to see how every forum have the same thing, when a bad release come with the traditional backlash, every time you get a wk topic like this.

Dude there's problem, people justify it and talk about it, that's healthy for the game you know?  ( at least if they hear us )

We all want a better game, thanks there's not much people like you

"I see a real lack of critical thinking, reasoning, emotional "

That's just what you'r doing right now

I 100% agree

On 3/1/2022 at 3:29 PM, Gibson.4036 said:

You made a thread to vent about people venting? 😄

That's the primary purpose of forums. It's a place for players to go shout into the wind so they get it out of their systems.

Ah someone finally caught that! 🤣 That's why I poked fun at myself with the popcorn dev comment. 😄

• Haha 2